1. aspekx Well-Known Member

as long as it's an option that you can toggle with your housing or if it only drew from that particular house's escrow, i think it's a great idea.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"That particular house's escrow"...that's true! We do have escrow capability, as much as the Guild Halls do! Toggle it on to take from escrow (after "loading it up") after the usual runs out, and you should be good to go! :)

Brilliant. ;)

Uwk
    who wonders if this wouldn't also help with getting to a Published place with rent issues, but on the other hand, if the rent runs out, doesn't it go Unpublished then? :confused:
    aspekx likes this.
  3. Ahupu Well-Known Member

To amend my previous statement, the housing leaderboard can be used to visit any house in the city you are currently in that is open for visitors by using the visit tab, go to any of your own houses from ANY zone ANY player can set Their bind point in by hitting the My houses tab, or go to any published house from almost any zone in the world (there are some exceptions) by using the rating tab. Heh this is not for your benefit Avahlynn, but for the new player who may be reading this thread so that there is no lack of clarity on the use of the leaderboard, though heaven knows there are some vet players who have told me that the leaderboards work in an entirely different fashion than I use them for everyday. I will admit that the visit function can be temperamental, but it does work lol.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

If SOE would fix the bug with my housing, I would sell more!
    It seems my rent is always paid however my seller crates always poof and I am constantly having to place them again as furniture to allow buyers to find my address and purchase from my crates. It gets VERY annoying.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which house are you in? If it's a Kelethin place, the edges of the room can be quite annoying to place anything, especially in any "upper" levels, and can extend out quite a bit into the floor space to an annoying degree. The Gorowyn and New Halas places can be snarky about sinking anything too close/deep to the floor itself and can eat not only tiles but entire large objects, sometimes. If it's the 6-room places, you might be able to catch a glimpse of the problem child crate in a level below the one where you want to place the crates, but otherwise, I can understand the frustration. :-/

I will say this about the idea of using Prestige places to put crates, just in case; I've never had problems placing stuff in the Mistmoore Crags Estate...of course, I usually put 'em right there in the first big wooden-floored circle area just past the entry hall, and I haven't really thoroughly decorated any Mistmoore places yet, so I don't really know all its flaws yet. ;->

Uwk
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It's actually 4 Bayle Court o_O
    seems like every few patch days, suddenly all my placed crates disappear and I have to go place them again
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG...never had any issues with mine when I was in SQ, but that was a while back. Do you have them in the front room/entry area, in the basement, in what I'd call the "master dining room" (big room to the right, if the stairs down to the basement are to the left; ground floor)? :-/

Uwk
  8. Spindle Well-Known Member

Hmmm, back to the OP. YOU are not being penalized because the person has not paid their rent. THEY are missing out on the plat you so want to give them. THEY are the ones who should be raging at themselves for not paying the rent on time, not you.

The OP and others can always find another item to purchase, possibly at a similar price, just not from that particular seller. The slacker rent payer has missed out on the OP's purchase as well as many others. They are the loser(s) in the transaction process.

Suggestion: A 'Rent due on...' message on the launch screen would be great.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Amen! I don't know if it would be possible to link it to a house with the selling crate in it, but perhaps something on the crate itself, on the Broker board in that house when you're checking your sales...? Something! :-/

Hmm...could this issue have been linked with the "housing access" bit, way back when, and it unexpectedly goofed up the Broker? :-/

Uwk
    who misses the old days...if the house with the item for sale in the Broker doesn't have its rent paid, it should indicate that somewhere, either to the Seller or a Buyer (but in the meantime, is slowly moving all the Gold account toons' crates over to their Mistmoore/other rent-free places)
  10. PlayAtThePlate New Member

im just a casual player but i have never seen anything being sold for thousands of plat. I would like to look at some of that stuff just out of curiosity. What kind of items are we talking about?

Thanks
  11. Arnfield Member

Options I would like to see.

1.) Get rid of the rent to begin with. you can have many characters with 20 houses each, is this still a big deal?
    2.) Make the rent free homes into a HQ or signature quest for each town. These deeds are super expensive and locked into crappy crappy crappy LON which I have no intention of playing ever, but it gets thrown in my face every month.
    3.) Stop listing the house on the broker if the rent isn't paid.
    4.) Pay rent/upkeep from any broker sales automatically.(rent tax charged to the seller, basically).
    5.) Give the item away if rent isn't paid :eek: (the ultimate, "Hey, pay your rent you ******")

I'm not paying someone elses rent. That is just enabling the lazy.
  12. Ratza Well-Known Member

Agree:

Unpaid rent....then the items should be removed/greyed out from the broker listing until rent is paid.

It's also annoying that players don't bother to put their boxes down in their house so you can bypass the broker fees....same for those who do not allow visitors it prevents buyers from bypassing broker fees.
    Rhodris and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Ketu Member

The new summer ethereal items are easily worth thousands of plat to other players. In fact, they are relatively rare to see on the broker for less than close to the cap of 10k-many people prefer to auction, sell, or trade them in chat channels. Examples would include \aITEM 2080978117 -1285601577:Scythe of the Sun\/a or \aITEM 251868874 -928384456:Blazing Bow of Light\/a
    Additionally, rare materials or shinies may fetch a high price, depending on rarity and method of obtainment. If something is only available from a contested heroic zone (e.g. Dreadlord armor out of Fabled Sanctum or anything out of High Keep ) it will tend to fetch a relatively high price, depending on availability and demand. Similarly, items from from high-level raid zones, such as rare green adornment recipes (e.g. Eye of Draazak) are usually worth quite a bit. The Krono is the only high-ticket item that never has a broker fee associated with it.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also, some people strangely, deliberately, crank their prices for an item through the ceiling, just to catch people's attention, apparently, so they can lure them to their houses and dicker seriously in person/in-game mail? I've never understood that at all, but my personal thing is to look at what you might get for something if you can Vendor it (NO-VALUE items can't be Vendored, like crafting materials and some other things [NO-TRADE NO-VALUE means you can't get rid of the thing at all except by Destroying it, which usually pertains to either T1 starter equipment or something you NEED for a quest and the devs got tired of replacing them when people accidentally lost theirs somehow...and yeah, there are NO-DESTROY items, too, just in case]). If you can get like, say, 58 s from the Vendor for it, and perhaps it's something we actually might have a recipe for and can make ourselves for, oh, I dunno, 1 g in fuel and materials, then I'll put it on the Broker for like 2 g, depending on what the market around me is doing. If the only other person is selling it for a total of 283 p for some puzzling reason (I've seen things like that happen, and yeah, I know we can get unlimited Bags o' Plat now, but c'mon, a Tier that low...?), I'll probably offer it for like 2 g 83 s, just out of irritation. >:-/

Uwk
  15. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Type the word krono in a broker search. We'll wait. ;)
    Xirena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ouch. ;->

Uwk
  17. Jrel Well-Known Member

Just click "Find" and click "Last Page".
  18. Katz Well-Known Member

Sometimes people list things for a high price just so that people can view them on the broker and don't really intend on selling them. That probably happens more on the test server and especially when new items come out.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...that could only work, IMHO, if they list it for the max possible amount of plat; otherwise, someone's gonna try to list another one at close to that, thinking that's what "the market will bear." :-/

Uwk
    who'd always wondered, but hasn't seen it more often on Test (usually, just a lot of completely blank pages and crickets chirping whilst looking for something... :-/)
  20. Ynnek Well-Known Member

That absolutely happens, I've frequently on both sides of it. It's always fun to see someone with an item at 5000p for storage, guildies, and alts..., with a 4990p, 4998p, and 4950p (what a baragin!) inching below it - for something nobody would pay more than a couple hundred p for.