Unofficial HHE2020 Announcement and Other News...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thank you! Glad to be back. I've missed y'all a lot! :)
    Hoping to get a Saturday off sometime to attend a Deco Raid. I miss the whole hooligan group. (even Ware.) :p
  2. Xxtacii Active Member

Before you start gas-lighting and playing martyr. I wasn't talking about the swaps, so I am mis-remembering nothing.
    "since I created the Deco Raids, and had much pride in bringing everyone together for them". No sure who "she" is that lied about anything to me. And to get your side on what? That you did NOT talk to Aneylee at all concerning taking back the house swaps?
    The only people I am siding with is they ones you are trying to take events away from.

You can throw all the strawmen in here you want and say that we are being mean to you b/c of "insert reason here". The truth is, what upset me was this post.

I understand that posts can sometimes be taken out of context, and words on paper can be misconstrued. In fact when I first read this I gave you the benefit of the doubt and thought that you didn't realize how rude it was. Then I talked to people that run these swaps and raids.

The fact that you didn't talk to a single one of them about what you wanted to take back and that this is the first time they are hearing it, brings it all into great focus. I don't really care if the WILL was bold, highlighted, written in blood. I missed it the first time and was still pissed.

You state
    Where and in what world would this happen. YOU LEFT THE GAME. Say it any way you want, you were gone, forced out, burnt out, wtf ever but you were gone. Aneylee stepped up to the plate and did a damn good job. You didn't line anyone up to take the swaps. It's not like the day after you left Aneylee said "OH you know I can totally steal those swaps I have had my eyes on". You left and were perfectly content to let your projects drown. YOU NEVER SAID A WORD TO HER ABOUT TAKING OVER! No it doesn't go both ways.

Right there is your problem. You are so narcissistic and ego hungry that you really believe in your mind that she should have come back to you and just handed them back. Then when that didn't happen you wrote your post. It wasn't because you were over excited, it was because you were snubbed and they weren't scrambling to throw everything back to you.

When you read that post knowing, FOR A FACT, that you never talked to Aneylee, it shows what kind of note it is. People aren't going to fall for it. It is a rude post and with your answers of never taking any ANY kind of responsibility for anything, again shows what kind of person you are.
    questress, kianne and parissa like this.
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

This is a bad way to handle this. No matter how justified you feel, tearing into each other publicly is bad form. Your tempers are flaring, emotions are coloring your posts, and words are being said that are hurtful to each other and to the community. Everyone knows that you can't infer the exact meaning of typed words. Everyone knows that people interpret the typed words meaning beyond the actual words.

Please find a better way to work this out.

This reminds me of the old country song "Bad for Us"
    You really got a good one in
    You hit me where it hurts
    Just so you wouldn't get the best of me
    I fired back somethin' worse
    I put you down
    You show me up
    Good for you
    Good for me
    Bad for us
  4. Iskatawna Active Member

My last post here... Welcome back Spextasy. I think this whole thing has been blown completely out of proportion, and it started with a post that caught us all unaware. The communication should have started with each other and not on the forum for anyone to see. Step back and look at it from the eyes of someone who just happens to read it for the first time.

Aney never stole your ideas she helped keep them alive. She did a wonderful job and made sure everyone who signed up got a house no matter what. DK and I both, as well as others during the event, gladly stepped up and took over because of RL things. Hey, RL happens.. it sucks when all you want to do is play the game and have fun, but there it is.. Murphey in his finest form... SPLAT right in your face, RL...

As for the story we all supposedly believe one way or another, I wasn't even discussing that this whole time and my reaction was based solely on the post. Anytime you BOLD WORDS in my book YOU ARE SHOUTING.. it comes across as AGRESSIVE and feelings get hurt or jumpy or whatever, and knee jerk reactions happen.. after all, even though we are hiding behind our beautiful character in-game, in RL we are just human...

So.. I for one will finish this swap.. and at this time will not do any others... I just don't need any more drama in my life, and I just wanted to play this game... I will gladly help if there is a RL emergency or if there is a cry for help on the Homeshow... I love each and every one of you and that is from the heart, whether I have met you or not. no sides, no finger-pointing just that...

This game has saved my life a time or two, my sanity way more than that... How could I not love you? but the drama? no... I get that enough in RL I come to the game to escape it. signing off... With sadness in my heart and tears in my eyes...

Respectfully,

Iskatawna
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

My post wasn't to attack anyone. My post wasn't about anything in the past. It isn't about taking sides. There was zero emotions in my post. It was about right now and about communicating with others so you all can do events without totally overwhelming the community with too many events overlapping and what not. Especially now that there are even more holidays added to this game which can be overwhelming on its own. Plus not hurting people's feelings by just bluntly saying you are going to run all the house swaps and doing even more swaps and contests on top of it (even if that is not how you intended the post to come across). In the past we have discussed dates when people want to run events and try to avoid over lapping. Or sometimes just changed our dates, make event last a really long time or something so there is not to much conflict between events. Just asking all of you to take input/feedback. Someone else started a NotD contest this year. I know another person before said they wanted to start an event and asked feedback from community about what sort of event they wanted added but then RL got in the way for them as well. They have returned to the game as well. Are you pushing those people out by wanting to add even more stuff?

Leave that drama &%^@ behind and work together without stepping on toes and feelings. Pushing people out of the community is not the answer. Getting along and making sure everyone is given a chance to do an event if they want to run one or allowing someone to help out some other way is the answer here. Let's find a way that everyone is happy and included.
    kianne, parissa, Misstake and 2 others like this.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Sooo… this post has been up for two weeks. If these people have that much to say about her wanting to restart running the swaps/raids, then why haven't those people stepped up and said anything then? Why are they having other people fight their battles for them? If Aneylee had an issue with it, then she could have reached out herself this entire time the post has been up. It's not like she hasn't seen it, as I know for a fact she's been posting on the forums since this post was created, so where is she in all this? How bout you take a seat and let her talk for herself
  7. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Lol This has turned into a big dramatic mess and I want nothing to do with it.

Edited to delete my "behind"hurt. (Just learned you can't say that word on the forums. Huh. What if I wanted to talk about a nice pork roast? :eek:) Anyway. I've apologized for my part in it and I'm moving on. Happy Thanksgiving.
  8. Misstake Well-Known Member

You are correct that this has turned into a big dramatic mess. I apologize on my part for assuming and placing my conception on what you were trying to say. I was not trying to offend anyone. I was trying very hard to come from a neutral and logical position instead of an emotional one.

While I did say about creating new ones I did not mean to say that was the only way. I was merely trying to point out that someone has ran it for the last couple of years and you two should talk.

There was a lot of drama a couple of years ago and NO ONE know what happened except for the people involved. I was not trying to drag that up or anything when I made my post.

Again I for one would love for you to stay in the decorating community. You have come up with great ideas and now that you are back I hope you will create even more. I was just trying to facilitate that communication is key.
    Spextasy and Iskatawna like this.
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

I thought I'd have a quiet read of the forums and keep up to date with the goings on. The "dispute" has nothing to do with me or ANYBODY ELSE who has posted here - I'm shocked at the vitriol and sadly not surprised that certain people thought to throw in their unnecessary two-pence worth (which I'm now doing obvs :p) but can I just say that "some rando with very loud, obnoxious opinions" made me LMAO :) So happy you're back, Shan x
  10. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Thanks, Feb. Miss you though! <3
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Thanks sweetie - I'm still an occasional lurker:) I don't think EQ ever lets go of you!<3
  12. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

That's how Daybreak gets ya.. EQ is their version of Hotel California lol
    Breanna, Iskatawna, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  13. Spextasy Well-Known Member

It doesn't. If I wasn't cured after 2 years of being away, I'll never be. Oh, well. There are worse addictions to have, I suppose. :p
    Breanna, Iskatawna, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  14. Misstake Well-Known Member

There are definitely worse addictions. I have yet to find a game that I enjoy as much as EQ. There are none like it in terms of decorating.
    Iskatawna, Febrith and Spextasy like this.
  15. Aneylee Well-Known Member

I just want to start this post by saying how much I love the HomeShow Community. All of you are so amazing and I am so grateful to have met you all! I absolutely love seeing your ideas and love how everyone helps out folks that are looking for just the one thing they need to do a project.I have met some amazing friends that I would not trade for the world.

I used to play this game solo as my guild kinda dwindled down to just me. (Got kinda boring just doing writs to pay the dang rent) So I put out in general chat (Yeah I know I have it blocked now) But Elidian answered to decorate my Island which 3 years later is still not done by the way. :p And yes she kept my money! But she taught me LE. With many tears and tantrums I got it! Not all of it of course but hey, I can lay tile and walls!

Then someone told me about the Homeshow channel so I joined. I can say that I did not visit the forums at all either. Again I was solo at that time.

So, It was right about the time a homeswap was going on and I think it was the first day to decorate so sign ups were over. I had never heard of a House Swap and was like What??? You know how everyone gets so excited to get their housing assignments and getting started! So I took the chance and posted in the channel. ( I still do not know to this day what made me do that but I am glad I did) I was told that sign ups were over and houses given out. Shanette got in touch with me about 20 mintues later asking if I could put up a house etc. and I could participate. I was so excited and have been hooked ever since.

And boy was I hooked. I am sure a few of you feel the same. It is so exciting to do something for someone and hear their reactions. Like, I nailed this and they are happy! That is why I love these Swaps! I love doing for others and hope that they like what I did :)

That being said, these Home Swaps are Shanette's creation. And an awesome one at that.

Do I think the original post was rude? I can honestly say yes. And I am not trying to throw tar at you, But you did the same thing last summer. That you would be taking over the events and then could not due to real life stuffs which of course is more important. At the time I was speechless that you said if Aneylee wants to run it , it is what it is. That kinda hurt my feelings. But again It could be what I was taking away from the post. I feel that maybe you should be more appreciated of what folks have done in your absence.

These events are yours that you created and I am sorry if you feel that I should have reached out to you first about taking them over. I was just doing the wait and see approach. You were not here, I did them. If you go back to last summer you posted in June the Return of Shenette and then in August said you could not do the house swap. So I as well as others stepped up to make the event happen. We are not looking for a big pat on the back, but maybe an acknowledgement from you would be nice. As we did our best to run these events with no clue on how to. I am still feeling the sting about not getting videos done on time. But it is a learning curve for sure.

I did not want this post to be a pointing fingers at whomever. Were feelings hurt? Yes they were. Maybe we should step back and see that we are all human and think about what we say and how it comes across to others.

But I am a big girl and can get over it lol. I have 4 boys that I promise have told me at some point they hate me :p

And no, I did not ask anyone to fight my battles for me in case that was directed at me.

Aney~
  16. parissa Well-Known Member

Aneylee you are an amazing person and decorator... You stepped up and did an awesome job with the house swaps... I hope you know how much you are truly appreciated... :)
  17. Febrith Well-Known Member

What? B U T T ? I can say it:) Happy Thanksgiving America!
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! :D

(For folks who want to return the Other Holidays well-wishes, 26 December is Boxing Day in the UK. For those who don't know [I was ignorant of its true meaning for many years], it has nothing to do with challenging your friends and neighbors to a sprightly round of fisticuffs, but it's the day where you box up stuff to distribute it to charities, kind of like Giving Tuesday online. :)

And there's always Twelfth Night [as in the last day of the "12 Days of Christmas"], which we always loved in the SCA, since it's like the first Saturday in January; very historical, and it enables us to get stuff for our SCA buds either on-after Christmas-sale or gives us more time to finish a hand-crafted project. ;->)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. questress Member

LOL WOW...

Well, being NEW here somewhat, Lets see how my three, I think it was three house swaps went with Aney running them!

House 1,, My house decorator disappeared leaving a few items.

Aney mailed me in game, stepped up and Bang, she was on it. ( DK/MOM) decorated my house zone like something I have never seen before! 100 percent in a very short time. It is Awesome! Beautiful! What a team:)!!
    Thank You so much:)
    I felt terrible and still do that this happened. It was not their swap to decorate. I hope the person that disappeared on this did send a big "Thank You" to my Wonderful Decorators.

I completed my swap.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

House 2. My house decorator disappeared.

Aney was a total Doll on this! She mailed me in-game and got me laughing on this house swap. She again stepped up and in a unbelievable 3 days,I had a OMG Dream House zone to walk into. The Fab Four Rocked it!.
    Thank you so much:)
    Yet again, I felt terrible and still do on this. It was not their swap to decorate. I hope the person that disappeared on this did send a big "Thank You" to my Wonderful Decorators,

I completed my swap and it was published decorated by Vera, lol... WHO's Vera? I guess she did not approve of it lol.
    Never heard a word from her!
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

House 3 YES!!!! It went Great. A Total Surprise!! Love it!!!!! Thank You!!! Cora!!
    Aney got a break from trying to fix me up..Yay!!

I completed my swap.

Aney is such a Sweet Caring Person that when I read the post of.. " its mine, all mine" It was harsh. It could have been wrote better. The 3 C's was missing. Care, Compassion and Concern.

That being said, I decided to bow out on the swaps. You all are so darn good at decorating, you blow my mind!

/bows to the Wonderful People on here :)

Grabs Aney and gives her a Big Bear Hug!
    Thanks for all you do!
    Vlasta,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Vera,, WHAT!!!!! lolol!
    Faeonara and parissa like this.
  20. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha Oh my gosh I am still laughing at Vera! That has to be one of my most favorite moments that I will never forget.