Unknown DDS texture flags error when clicking play

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Atrocity, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Atrocity Guest

I have installed KoS from CD
    I run the patcher
    click play - get error message:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.<verify> D:\test\eq2\framework\render\src\DDSTexture.cpp(195):!"Unknown DDS texture flags"

I have re-run patcher and get the same error when I click play.

I have run a complete filescan and get the same error when I click play.

examining alertlog.txt shows
    File ui/default/images/splashbkg.dds with DDS extension is not a dds file.

I have deleted this file and repatched but I still get the same error message.

Is there any way for me to get a valid version of this file?

Thanks.
    Message Edited by Atrocity on 02-22-200612:35 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-TribalFunk Guest

Hello,
    I get a similar error message when i hit play after patching. <alert> D:\live\eq2\game\client\src\optionsmanager.cpp (1987) The options definition file failed to load. Except i've had this error for over 2 weeks and no help from anyone. Hopefully someone can tell a DEV that this needs to be looked at because people are getting all kinds of D:\live\eq2\game\client\src .cpp errors When i go back into launcher i have to download the same stuff for an hour or more each try.
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-Cory S Guest

Atrocity- you may want to delete the Ui folder entirely. Also, verify that you are running on the LIVE version of the game, and not the Test Center. You should be Launching EQ2.exe, not TestEQ2.exe or have the /test argument in your shortcut's Target field.
  4. ARCHIVED-Atrocity Guest

Thank you for your reply Cory.

I ran the patcher this morning exactly as last night. When the play button lit up I clicked the expansion packs button, waited for it's pop up and closed it, then clicked the adventure packs button, waited for it's pop up and closed it. This causes a very quick check/patch to run again and once again play lights up. This time when I click play everything works and i'm able to log into the game.

Basically I made no changes so it appears that something on the SoE end has changed and fixed this. For anyone else having this problem you might try clicking the expansion packs and adventure packs buttons. I will admit that this may have absolutely nothing to do with anything. However in the beta I swear this helped me get past many of my patching login issues. Perhaps it is just a coincidence in timing of changes going on at the other end but I'll offer it up if it helps anyone.

Either way my problems seem to be resolved for now.

Thanks.
  5. ARCHIVED-TribalFunk Guest

Hello,
    I am finally able to load the game now but i'm getting this exact error message after the epilepsy warning upon entering the game:
    EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> D:\test\eq2\framework\render\src\DDSTexture.cpp(195):
    !"Unknown DDS texture flags"
    Can a TSR please help or someone familiar with this issue. I'm trying to fix it now. I've posted my info before and if i must will do it again shortly. Thank you for your time.
    Message Edited by TribalFunk on 02-25-200604:07 PM