uninstall old beta?

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Kotter, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Kotter Legendary Member

will PvP beta overwrite "live" beta automatically?
  2. Candyman45 New Member

is beta server open and ready?
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

A possible FYI for vets who've played in previous betas who might still have old beta character files hanging around, that could be mixed in with the new Tarinax beta folder files, and might prevent you from logging into the Tarinax beta once it's up.

Right now inside my newly-downloaded Beta server folder, inside the Cache Folder, then inside the Character Folder, then finally inside of another Beta folder is my old defunct 2019 Seasonal 1 beta character folder and info still in there. That same old 2019 beta character still shows on the locked character screen when I try logging into the new beta (beta isn't up yet, I know, but I was checking just in case).

I just deleted that buried 2019 character folder just in case. This same bug happened during the old Freeport F2P server beta and people with older beta character info still in there that got mixed in with the new beta files couldn't log onto the new beta server.

I hope that won't be the case this time, but I deleted my old 2019 Naggy Seasonal beta character folder just in case.

Edited to add: Even after deleting the buried 2019 character folder, that character was still showing up on the locked login screen for me. Others had the same problem.

I just tried Ecno's solution a(now Ecno no longer shows any characters, just a greyed out Create Character button as it should be), and that helped me get rid of that old 2019 beta character bug for good. Now my locked beta screen looks just like Ecno's, shown below. Here's his fix:

Ecno— Today at 3:56 PM
    Ok deleted everything from betaserver file except the paks, music and ui... revalidated assets and let it reinstall. Good to go with fresh setup... @This is "Actually Siren". @Dreamweaver, 200% Boss of Bord Thanks for heads up... hope others fix that issue too just in case.
    [COLOR=var(--text-link)][IMG][/COLOR]
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Kotter Legendary Member

thnx for info.
    Siren likes this.
  5. westwolf New Member

I did not have old characters and still does not allow.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

This is a paid beta; you need pay the gold subscription fee to play, just like you will for launch.

If you're subbed, also make sure you have downloaded and are playing on the actual Beta server.

Open launcher. Top Left corner change the US English in the dropdown to Beta. Download the whole thing. Then at character creation screen, choose the 3rd Rectangle that says EVENT server. It also says PvP at the very bottom in small letters. Roll your character there. The beta server will show up there.

If you're 100% sure you're on the beta client but your character screen on the EVENT server won't let you create characters, then delete everything out of your Beta folder except PAKS, music and UI. Revalidate all files (using the launcher) and then have it re-patch most of the game back in fresh. You should be good to go then.
    Breanna likes this.