Unholy Steed not summoning

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Lanthir74, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Lanthir74 New Member

I am wondering if anyone else is having an issue with spells like unholy steed not summoning the mount . I get the cast bar , but no mount .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with that, but at least two of my Free to Play toons had issues with Summoning mounts at all, even the merchant-bought ones. I tried everything I could think of, up to and including logging all the way out and back in again, and the only thing that solved it was buying another merchant mount (the cheapest ones I could find for an experiment) and equipping them. The new ones worked fine, and it "knocked loose" the old ones, as well, so now I have multiple merchant mounts on those toons. Haven't tried with anyone else yet, and they each only had one mount to begin with, originally, so I couldn't swap out any of their other ones.

Is Unholy Steed something like the Paladin or Mithaniel Marr miracle that calls up a horse? I should try that with mine (once I can get back in again. Dang lag spikes. :( ). I'm wondering if you could try something comparable with another mount, or another spell that's similar. :-/

Uwk
    who actually has no clue, but who wonders if this might be related to all the fancy new mount stuff we can do...
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Weird stuff is happening with mounts since the new xpac. I had several characters yesterday that couldn't summon mounts anywhere but Antonica. I kept getting the message that mounts couldn't be summoned in areas that should allow mounts to be summoned. And it affected only some characters, not others. So weird.
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

The unholy one is what shadow knights get ill hv to switch toons and check it ...i know it slow to summon, but havent tried since i use one with stats.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Makes sense, yeah. :-/

In a way, I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one having issues. :-/

Uwk
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have a friend that cannot summon her Fae wings of flight or her SK mount. Logging in and out did not fix it for her.

On a side note, Uwk, you can convert those mounts you bought into house items so like for the Mara house, you could have horses at a hitching post.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep! I've been thinking about a carousel for eons for Uwk; was originally gonna set it up in his only prestige house for the longest time, his Mistmoore Crags Estate, in the big round room in the center...got poles and everything. Then I got squeamish about jamming a pole through the shoulders of things that were still moving, even when they were plushies. :-/

So, a Mara location might not be bad at all (more room, natural lighting, etc.); instead of a pole carousel, more like a pony-etc. ride (raptor ride, warg ride, I've got a ton of 'em ;->) setup, where the plushies could just be tethered to something that would let them walk around and around. :)

Mounts getting swapped out and "taking a break" could be at the hitching post. :)

Uwk
  8. Grith247 New Member

My Paladin cannot summon her 'Holy Steed' since the last patch. I get the Progress Bar but the mount does't appear :(
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Looks like NPCs have also been dismounted. The roaming sentries in Fens are now walking, not riding their rhinos. They probably need the exercise though.
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Since the update, they have now found their mounts and are back on the hoof!
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

My friend said yesterday, her SK, Pally, and Fae cannot summon their class mounts yet.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is deeply weird; why should the update muck about with mounts -- ooohhhhhh, the silly "mount training" thing, gotcha. X-P

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Grith247 New Member

My Holy Steed is back after a small patch today. Paladin is very happy :)
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Grats! :)

Did anyone figure out what the problem had been? :-/

Uwk