Unfair Ehtereal event

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Diminator, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diminator New Member

Could some one explain why solo players have been excluded from this event. I have not been in playing this game long and what attracted me at first was the soloabilty of it. All other evenst are available to the solo player and the Summer event from the panda is still available (which is great btw ) and doable by a solo player

So why oh why is the new summer one not?

I don`t expect the solo player to get the same amount of coins say as a group but surely it`s not outside the bounds of programming to allow a solo player to earn some coins even if that meant some sort of flag to stop group players exploiting the solo game.

So come on devs give the solo player a fair deal we pay just the same as a grouping player`s for our membership and should be always given a share of the rewards when it comes to reward`s from events
    Bella222 likes this.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You aren't their desired customer.

But Ethereal have always been heroic/expert and not for solo. It helps you let go, trust me.

Good Hunting!
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

well .. some event are for solo .. some are for heroic.

if u want the rewards, sometimes u need to do some heroics (still have the elixir to being able to do once a day)
  4. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Really, the ethereal stuff isn't needed at all if you simply solo.
    Ratt and Dude like this.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Nothing in the game is 'needed', this is a hobby for fun. So, that's a bit of a cop out.

Events like this leave out a significant part of the player base and make it far more difficult for mere mortals to participate further down the line.

But hey, enjoy your game. Good hunting.
    Soara2, Quillyne, Rhodris and 5 others like this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

We don't NEED to play the game either.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you choose not to do group content, you cannot get rewards from group zones... just as those who don't run solo content can't get the rewards from the solo zones. It IS your choice.
    This ethereal event is much more 'accessible' for those who don't usually group but want to give it a try, however. The ethereal potion is enough of a boost to make most characters at least survivable within an expert zone and possibility able to contribute as well.
    Dude, Lucus, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  8. Clintsat Well-Known Member

If you only solo, you are already self-opting out of a huge portion of the game; the huge portion of the game that requires better gear.

The celebration events are geared towards solo folks; most dont have raid or heroic content. It's a decent balance the devs have found.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

as said .. it's a choice. U do the event or u don't. You choose to not group ... you limit yourself.

everything is in game ... u just need to get a group. u don't want to ... don't blame everybody for your choice
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do the Shard of Hate solo, get an elixir. Then join a group to do a ethereal zone and use that elixir.

You *do* need to have a certain amount of both Resolve, Potency and sheer health/mitigation to do an ethereal zone, even with the elixir. Some of that can be remedied using:
    • Proven Adornment of Nerve [IV] (+20.7 max health white adorn) -- you do the Proving Grounds solos with any level 100+ toon. Since you're playing in the body of the Skyshrine Infiltrator, it doesn't matter how you are geared. There's a weekly quest you should pick up outside the PG portal that requires three PG runs and rewards Marks; each PG run rewards a fistful of Marks also. As you get the Marks, you go to the Proven Merchant outside the PG portal and buy the adornment, then you upgrade it.

• Planar Adornment of Health (+20.7 max health white adorn) -- crafted from the Planar Adornments recipe book, which can drop even in solos. Each needs 1 Planar Mana, 2 Infusion of the Planes, 7 Planar Fragments, and 5 Planar Powder, plus 50 Celestial Coal. To get the manas and infusions, if you have done the PoP tradeskill line, you can harvest your tuchis off for darkstones, then mass-produce Tome of the Planes, and transmute those. You get the fragments from those blue-coke-can transmutable things that drop in solo instances. You can also purchase the components on the broker by paying through the nose and have someone else craft the adorns for you.

• Planar Adornment of Raw Power (+109.8% Potency) -- also crafted from the Planar Adornments recipe book, see above.

• Cybernetic Powerlink (potency temp buff, tinker-made) applied to all seven pieces of armor.

• Reconstructed Planar Potency Infusers and Reconstructed Planar Stamina Infusers -- Infuse the armor you do have. Not just with the Planar Standard and Planar Advanced infusers that drop in instances, either. You should be salvaging (an ability from the Tradeskill Prestige AA) all the junk that drops in solo instances to get Salvaged Planar Infuser Fragments, which can be made into reconstructed infusers. The recipe book is Reconstructed Planar Infusers, which drops in Heroic instances I think, but another crafter can make the infusers for you.

As a note, older Deepforge and Twark/Bloody Tooth infusers also work to start with,and the handcrafted versions are made purely from harvested materials. The Mastercrafted versions of either need rares, like Umbral Pelts and Leathery Shadeleaf. I infuse with these until they stop working, then use my Planar Infusers.

If you look yourself up on EQ2U, click an item, click the Infuser tab, then click Physical Layer,and then expand out the Stamina and Potency, it will actually list which exact infusers can still be used to improve that item.
    Before anyone whinges about it being too hard to adorn and infuse your solo gear, if you aren't willing to take these simple steps to juice up your present gear, what the heck do you need ethereal gear for anyway? The adornments you will keep as you trade up to better gear, and infusing is pretty easy.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    And that is how you shrink a player base, in my opinion.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. semisus Does not play this game

tbh i wouldent have minded if people could get 2 coins pr day from a solo or 2 from pq
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The player base will shrink more if you take the challenge out of everything and disincentivize player interaction.
    Xakrein, Dude and Lucus like this.
  14. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Seems like there could be some place in the middle between ...

Nah, your right! What was I thinking!
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

This is why the majority of the people getting this year's ethereals, have last years.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Nelie Well-Known Member

There IS a middle ground. It is the potion of elixirs. You may obtain these from SOLO content. These potions allows you then to be carried through an Expert zone once a day. Last year, there was no chance of getting into experts with 0 motivation and work.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Twisty Well-Known Member

so you have a point here somewhere? they didn't want to do heroic content last year either. oh wait, were u implying that barriers of entry are prohibitive and the little guy is perpetually more and more screwed with each passing year was it?

sounds to me like you enjoy blowing self-pity bubbles on the internet more than trying to play the game for what it has to offer

now, if your point, as mentioned by someone else previously, is that you'd like to see a couple of coins of different type available via solo means - sure. but then advocate that instead of throwing out lame passive-aggressive jabs, and dont forget that you cant get rewarded with heroic loot for solo efforts, so someone has to go and create a whole separate set of solo ethereal loot...

i'm not being facetious when i say i'd like to see that come to life also, but i'm skeptical about it garnering enough traction for devs to allocate the required time on it
  18. Tekka Well-Known Member

Isn't the elixir busted and/or buggy?
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've read as much, but it's always worked when I've used it. So while it might be buggy, it's not busted.
    Soara2, Tekka and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  20. Nelie Well-Known Member

Like Mermut said, I've only read it being buggy as well so its just a random selection of people I guess. I've used the potion a few times and it has worked fine for me. I used it yesterday just fine and I have used it on alts several times this week just fine.
    Tekka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.