Uncontested dodge

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Dannni, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Dannni Active Member

Im able to get my uncontested dodge up to 8.6% which is made up of the following:

Mushroom casserole food - 3.2%
    Rune of evasion - 2%
    Lay on hands - 3.4% for 30 seconds every 2.5 minutes

When I hover over the avoidance and look at the tooltip in game, it says 'cap from gear 5%'. What I dont know is, is uncontested dodge particularly beneficial to a tank? Perhaps it is entirely useless and I should forget about the mushroom casserole and use the best mastercrafted legendary food (currently victornut butter tart) instead.

If anyone knows how this mechanic in the game works I would be very interested to know how, as info online is sparse.
  2. Fairin Active Member

it is my understanding that when a mob attacks you it makes several rolls against your avoidance. similiar to D&D but on a percentile die

all mobs have an innate 5% chance to 'miss'
    then they roll against your uncontested block
    then uncontested parry
    then uncontested dodge
    then against your regular regular block parry then dodge (not additive with uncontested) but remember its also your level of skill vs their level of skill. You may show 80% dodge. this is to level 100 mobs. not lv 108

its always been block - parry - dodge as far as i remember from eq1...

in example i think its like this. mob swings at you - rolls for miss (5%) if hit roll for block (uncontested %) if hit move on and so on and so forth. untill you sucessfully avoid an attack. or take damage which is obviously calculated vs your mitigation and the mobs level multipled by the resolve difference if theirs is higher than yours.

since uncontested is generally so low (like rolling a natural 20 when you need it) its still there.

this is why when you look at a monks avoidance its nearly all block because they have deflection as well which is similiar to a second chance to block an attack outright.

the same happens to you. 5% chance to miss naturally (15% for monk type mobs .which all the mobs in KA are) so a combind 20% accuracy removes all misses, and 100% strikethrough removes all the other garbage.

i could be completely wrong however but if someone actually knows where i'm wrong i'd like to know.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Ogdinmar Active Member

There are two types of avoidance- regular and uncontested. Regular is just that regular avoidance change but can be ignored by strikethrough. Uncontested avoidance chance cannot be ignored by strikethrough. Which is why they percentages are capped from gear, not adorns iirc. because gear used to have certain stats on it that effected uncontested. Also iirc parry and defense after a certain point are supposed to increase their uncontested parts very slightly kind of like block does but not as fast

So to answer your question yes it is beneficial and like I said before the cap is only from gears base stats not adorns or buffs iirc.
  4. Ixian Active Member

This is correct.
  5. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I see instructional videos on explaining everything in the world. Why can't anyone explain stats in detail in one video :)
  6. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Allow me to quote myself from another thread:

Semperfifofum and Baltazarr like this.
  7. Dannni Active Member

Looks like someone may have read this and decided that they do not want paladins to have the 3.4% on lay on hands anymore it has now been removed :(
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Anyone else with a paladin confirm this? Because the update was on Wed, so if it was removed before 2 am on Tuesday, then it would've been the Dec 5th update, which is before half of this thread. Nov 30 update has nothing on it either.

Maybe the timestamps are messed up and it was a ninja change.

But going forward having this unconfirmed as a rumor in the forums might be detrimental to people coming later and researching dodge. Would someone be really nice and confirm or deny this? Maybe it's an AA thing and it was just an AA change that made it look like it was gone?
  9. Dannni Active Member

My main is a paladin its the only class I play and I can confirm it has been removed.
  10. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I have 3.4% dodge on my set up. Under sworn protection
  11. Dannni Active Member

Its definitely not showing for me, either within lay on hands, or within the avoidance tooltip. Where are you seeing this within the AA trees?
  12. Legionair Member

Try removing that class orange adorn for cloaks from KA. Sks lose any bonus modifiers towards deathmarch when that adorn is on. Which is dumb. Maybe same issue for your pally?