Uncontested avoidance

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Liou_Unrest, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Liou_Unrest Active Member

Has any brawler out there done any homework regarding uncontested avoidance - if it's worth losing mitigation for, and how much?

Any brawler can max uncontested avoidance @ 70% with Peacebringer, and using a few pieces of block jewelry over mitigation; but I find myself never really using it because what you sacrifice seems too much. (have to use old adorns, lose stats, etc)
  2. Karagon Active Member

3. Silzin Active Member

I use Peacebringer when i want the added defence, but I do not have to swap out any other gear for more Block change. I understand you use some older block adorns with it, but its the best adorn for that weapon.
  4. Genghes Active Member

As a brawler you would be better suited with all MIT armor ave get your block from wrists and use block weapons
  5. Genghes Active Member

Having high uncontested avoidance is awesome, but you need the MIT to soften up those hits that do land on you
  6. Liou_Unrest Active Member

I think a big part of why the PB is so good is you can throw 3 of the 8.8% block adorns on it. But those ware white adorns, I'm talking about losing out on the new war runes. (level 95 weapon)

To you and Silzin, what Mit # would you recommend NOT falling under for raid tanking (solo)? I can move around a lot to cap uncontested, but I will have to see how much mit I personally lose with my gear and decide if that's worth it. (Obviously it's already worth it, situation considering...) But I mean, I don't think I would want to be a dime under 19k mit solo for raid tanking... but I guess i'm not sure.

7. Koko Well-Known Member

Don't spec block chance at all, full mit everything!
    1. Cycle temps//tshell//sandstorm
    2. ???
    3. Profit!
  8. xkrisx Well-Known Member

9. Genghes Active Member

17k + for unbuffed MIT for raiding. Get to know the raid targets you're killing really well, because it will help with surviving
  10. Liou_Unrest Active Member

I pulled up the old chart a Dev posted back in beta:

[IMG]

As far as raid tanking is concerned, it would seem there is reason mitigation is valued so heavily. In a raid/group I hit 26k mit. While fighting and item temps going, and our Mountain stances.. I get right around 33k. It would seem silly to me to lose any point of mitigation that I currently have.. even maxed out I am not even fully reaching the 75% damage reduction on a level 108 mob (and neither are most) I will have to re-evaluate numbers when I can optimize my gear with PB included.

The question just remains how much is too much, is there too much, how is avoidance weighed in, really?

Going from ~60% uncontested block and 20k mit solo to ~70% uncontested block and 16-17k mit solo might be something that needs thorough testing to verify if it's worth it. That's ROUGHLY 10% avoidance gain for 5-10% mitigation loss. There are a lot more things to keep in consideration though, as if you don't reach optimal group/raid mitigation buffs that 5% mit loss turns into much closer to 10% mitigation loss.

Maybe i'll be the one that has to crunch numbers, so I can get a definitive statement like one of these:
    1. "Maximize mitigation. Don't worry about any other defensive stats." (the one I am currently leaning towards, without crunching hard numbers)
    2. "Maximize mitigation and stop at ______, then get uncontested block capped." (this statement would change for solo, group, raid)
    3. "cap uncontested block ASAP, as long as you do not go below _____ mitigation" (this statement would change for solo, group, raid)
  11. Koko Well-Known Member

Fine, I'll validate my statement! The first image is a monk in "full mit gear" (excluding the block chance on t1 mit raid belt//cloak and %hate neck because it is OP). The second image is that same monk with Tshell active.

[IMG]

No parry/defense/block adorns, because screw that noise. No other avoidance buffs (e.g. bard, etc.). Cast Tshell, you're at block chance cap without additional assistance. We're strongly considering reforging out of block chance at this point. I think the only reason we haven't is because we finally got Rum Cellar last weekend and we'll be changing gear out soon anyway (pay to win access best in slot items).

Cycle temps & Tshell, ???, profit.
  12. Genghes Active Member

With the amount of strike though raid names have the www 10% uncontested block won't completely take effect. If the name has 50% st then you'd only get a 5% increased chance to block
  13. Silzin Active Member

the 10 or 15% Block is not 10-15% less hits taken, mobs have somewhere between 25% to 50% or more ST, so Mit is a lot more important. 1st you need to clarify... Are we talking about T1 raid mobs and Raid Trash or T2 or T3 Raid Named? the T1 Raid mobs and just about all of the Raid Trash you would probably be fine with 15-16k or even a bit less (Solo).

When you are dealing with Progression Killing for your raid force, the extra Block and Mit is going to Help non the less.

As for the PB, when I need the Defense I am ok missing the 10-30 CB that I would be missing from those 2 Purple adorns.

Edit: Mit of 17k+ would probably be needed Solo if you are Double Conversion (For PDS) and not Left Side Prestige (For Defense). Also your HP totals may also dictate the Mit you will need. With more HP your healers will have more ability to keep you up.
  14. Ebofu Active Member

Doing any amount of 'serious' content, if you don't cap your avoidance you are a dummy. Anything easier you can do without armour because temps are gud.

Also mitigation modifier is incredibly inefficient on a brawler, you start with such a low base (psst leather is bad), you get insane amount of mitigation modifier from buffs (70) and you get significant mitigation temps (6k) that mitigation modifier after that is ughhhhh. That being said, you cap block around 120-130 which is pretty easy wearing no block armour, so mitigation is your only choice.

Warden as a tank healer? Don't make me laugh.
  15. Boli Active Member

Leather Armour; Which is pushed up to (near)Chain through Myth/AA; plus brawler defensive stance is an extra 10% bonus.

Its true that mitigation% is less effective on a brawler's chain-leather but its not by *that* much
  16. Koko Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, priests are terrible at healing tanks. If a fight is "dangerous" enough that two priests is traditionally advisable, I can't fathom a scenario where two fighters cycling temps wouldn't be superior. Fighter temps are just that strong! So hellz yeah tank healer, sandstorm VC all the things!

Shaman are totes the best priests at healing though, no argument there. If you're limited to one priest/one fighter in content that hits really hard, shaman 100%. Otherwise run two fighters: more DPS, more buffs, more reliable.
  17. Ebofu Active Member

Guess how its pushed up to near chain? Yep, simple + mitigation, its not increasing the base, its simply giving + mitigation so that it gives comparable values, iirc it's only 10%.

There is almost no content where tanks take serious damage and the group doesn't, so the second healer is there for the group, not the tank, the question is then, which healer is best suited to compliment the tank while providing the group with sufficient healing. Currently Templars just absolutely destroy everything in that respect.
  18. Koko Well-Known Member

Did they add something lame like ward-ignoring-damage? Otherwise I'm not seeing it (including Irdul, Klandicar, etc.). ... Unless they made DoT ticks trigger reactives and had the ticks hit for 700k or some nonsense, I don't see shaman being dethroned anytime soon.
  19. Ebofu Active Member

Reading comprehension.
  20. Koko Well-Known Member

I'm implying that everything can be solo healed. Hence, unless they severely remove a priest's capacity at mitigating damage before it applies (i.e. large bursts for druids, no triggers for clerics, ignoring wards for shaman) I have difficulty discerning a scenario where a secondary priest provides a benefit.

I emphasized this point when I mentioned Klandicar & Irdul, encounters which are typically regarded as "two healer fights".