Uncommon Lunar Material

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mermut, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

It seems this comes from salvaging mastercrafted gear.
    Since many shadowed recipes require 10-75 lunar material
    This means than, in addition to the rares for the actual shadowed item, you need 20-150 MORE rares, plus the plat to make the mastercrafted items that got crushed.

This seems BADLY out of balance, especially since the gear created with shadowed rares is inferior to all heroic gear and much solo quested gear.

There is absolutely NO reason for 150 regular rares and 1 shadowed rares to make such poor quality gear.

On beta, these recipes used regular fuel. These changes were made after beta and make absolutely zero game sense.

I cannot imagine the reasoning behind this change and these numbers. Unforutnately, experience suggests we won't get any explainations :(
    AOE1, Rupe, Titania and 7 others like this.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you, this is just another push towards the DBC option for gearing up. The only good thing I think to come of it is that tailors are going to easily make lots of plat for the first time in a while. Jumping Creepers are as low as 100p so knocking out a thousand shoes and salvaging them is quick and easy coinage :)
    Kheldar and Sigrdrifa like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Not really.. there isn't much point to most of the things that are made with the uncommon lunar material... because gear made with shadowed rares is just the tiniest better than solo quested gear and far inferior to the various 165 pieces you can get by doing solo drop and clicky quests.
    AOE1, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's looking like the only useful true Mastercrafted things are gonna be Expert spells, assuming, of course, that they have been correctly itemized.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Techinically, those aren't even mastercrafted... their recipes are itemized with the mastercrafted fabled recipes :S
  6. Rupe Member

Beyound disbelief!
  7. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I agree. The stuff doesn't sell. Nobody wants to pay for it because it is junk.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I do use it to make improved mount tack. But that's the only real use I've found!