Uncap AA points

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Arclite, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

Most of us have had to accept the notion of how the game now treats each of the 26 classes as a sub-category to the main 4 ascension classes so is it not high time that you at least let us have a tiny bit of fun by uncapping the AA points restriction that requires a set number of points per page to get some abilities that we can use/want?

About 80% of all class AAs are redundant so it will not create any class imbalance.

Most of us have to go through the formality of putting points into useless things just to get to the few things that are of some use. Will save us time to respec ;).
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I know this is probably way more effort than what it's worth but what they really should do is do a complete overhaul and redo the AA system, simply do to those 2 points.

95% of AA abilities are useless at this stage of the game in their current forms and in order to get the useful abilities. we're forced to put points in something that reduces recast time by 5.... wow, big woop these days.

I know everyone makes the argument these days that we've taken 26 classes and simplified them into 4 ascensions but with ascensions not gaining levels next expac, this could be an option into making each class unique again with their own specifications.

Just a thought :cool:
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Juraiya like this.
  3. Xevran Well-Known Member

I actually do agree that the AA system needs a revamp. The way the trees are set up now is convoluted and the majority of the abilities are either completely useless or 100% required.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

Has this actually been confirmed anywhere? There is a lot we don't know about the coming expansion.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

The only AAs that actually matters today are very few SF endlines and the prestige trees. Every single "Increases dmg by %" is actually just a flat out 10-15% potency buff and when people have over 100k potency, you do the math.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  6. Ghorast Active Member

simply swap every useless 5 potency or cd to ability X aa with 5 fervor to ability X, such an obvious solution it's really surprising they haven't done it already
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

It has been confirmed in discord.. I don't have copy of the quote to paste in, though.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  8. Arclite Well-Known Member

The only reason I did not mention an overhaul of the AA its because a lot of us did...for years. This was when the game was doing well (and by well i mean it had more resources then it does now) and I doubt this is ever going to get done.

Just think about it, the class balance is so far out of the question that one of the main selling points of any new expansion that talks about level cap increase should be about what player will get with respect to their classes, you know build player excitement/encourage pre-orders etc. They went ahead and removed all that mystery by not only showing us what we will get at max level for our classes, they also gave us access to those ability's max tier upgrades. What else does that leave us with?