Unblemished Oeuvre achievement? What happened to it?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Senya, Jul 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/eq2_achieve...lemished_Oeuvre
    I was a long way off from 75k pristine combines, but I hoped to one day actually have the finely crafted device pack for my guild hall. It would have taken many city festivals (where I do most of my grinding) but I was confident I'd eventually get there. I normally do 500-1,000 combines during city festivals and have done as many as 1,800. I was up to (if memory serves) roughly 20k pristine combines.
    If this is a bug does my pristine combines counter start all over? If it's not a bug are there plans to make the device pack available elsewhere in game?
  2. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Gninja stated in a completely different subject thread about some other achievement(s) not showing until unlocked is by design. Perhaps this is the case too?
  3. ARCHIVED-Irgun Guest

It becomes visible once you crafted the 100.000 combines - counter wont start at zero, at least it didnt 2 years ago.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

It's disappointing that the slayer achievements are all still there so you can see your goals and progress, but all the tradeskill, housing and dungeonmaker achievements are 'hidden' until you achieve them :(
    I'm not sure why the 'they're hidden so they don't clutter things up' is a viable arguement for all the non-combat achievements but not for all the combat achievements.
    Part of the 'attraction'of achievements is having something to work for. If you can't see them before you finish them, you can't work towards them easily or see your progress.
  5. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Brigh wrote:
    I've had my UI set to show all hidden achievements. Did they do something new with GU64 that hides some of them? The achievements for crafting combines - some of which I already had - appear to be MIA. One I know off the top of my head was "It's over 9,000!" which is completely gone from my list of completed achievements.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Also, upon achieving the 'hidden achievements', at least the tradeskill ones STILL aren't showing up. My newest toon just got 'Craft until you drop!', but I can't click on it to see what it is AND it doesn't appear in the achievement section of my journal, except on the list of recent achievements.
    My tradeskill section lists 18/27, but only has 7 completed achievements shown (5 reseach coaching achievement and quel'ule quest and crafterkeep completionist). If you can't see what achievements you're working towards and you can't see the ones you've accomplished, what's the point? "It's great! I did something yesterday! I don't know exactly what it was, but I did it!!!!'
  7. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

I think this is the post Brigh might be talking about?
    Gninja [IMG]

The Dev Gnome
    [IMG]

Pixiewrath@The Bazaar wrote:
    Those achievements are still there but are now hidden until you get them unlocked. This is to avoid there being 20 different achievements of that type cluttering up the listing. That also allows us to get ahead in putting in achievements for quest counts or collections completed even if they are not able to be earned yet but will unlock as we get more quests/collections/etc put into the game.

I really hope it's just the case with this achievement too. Although it was nicer to at least see progress on it.