Fixed Internally Unannounced Changes to Overseer Mission Reward Crates?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Not all of them. I have one 10 day reduction with a description as a 10 day reduction, one 20 day that shows as 20 days, and two 15 day reductions that says it reduces training time by 10 days.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I'm hesitant to use them. I'm gonna wait until I decide on whether to buy the premium CE or not either way but I'm one stupid situation from firing up EQ1 again and being gone for 6 months. I know it was my fault in the end but I had a 10 lvl mount boost from buying the holiday pack and all it said was the mount needed to be equipped, so I equipped my Cliknar mount drop and hit the boost and, of course, it boosted my harvesting mount which was at lvl 9 actively moving to 10. I just shrugged it off.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Update on The Word of Thule. End chest reward showed the same rewards (\aITEM -1291998826 -1338959770 0 0 0:[Overseer Reward Crate]\/a). Got a mythical bonus chest (\aITEM -1598234888 -868460876 0 0 0:[Overseer Bonus Reward Crate]\/a) which only showed Overlord's Plated Silver Ring in it.

I got as rewards: the quest \aITEM 1837794538 517458966 0 0 0:[Save Lira Singebellows]\/a and a collectible from the mythical (\aITEM -1533113742 -917276673 0 0 0:[Prysmerah's Arx Fire]\/a)
    Soara2, Wulfgyr and Sigrdrifa like this.
  5. Tabri Well-Known Member

I was getting decent stuff before this patch now Im getting overland collections and trash items, I dont even see tradeskill books in the rewards anymore are those still an option?
    Out of our entire guild I think we have collected only 4 expert sage books and my guild is a pretty good size, the way they did spells this expac is ridiculous gating them behind massive amounts of trash, desperation to sell spell upgrades so much that they deny everyone at least expert spells/ca's.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

And the trash continues. There's no way the rewards haven't been changed. I'm still getting infusers and COMMON shinies.
    I guess this is just something else that will remain useless.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I didn't get the aITEM's, but finished the same quest yesterday. If I recall, my rewards were a Fragment and I think a white adorn recipe book. My mythical chest also showed only the Plated Silver Ring.

Edit: Found it in my logs!
    From the Mythical chest I got: You receive \aITEM 354790035 -1895365453:Empyral Adornment of Magical Skill\/a.
    From the Fabled chest I got: You receive \aITEM 1162147511 -1125430539:Superior Fragment of Planar Energy\/a.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Planar fragments and Essence of Chaos today from 3 mythical bonus chests. Oh, and a couple of common shineys.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Yep. I don't understand how they can say nothing has changed. It clearly has.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Priiice New Member

I feel very confident that the rewards have changed. On Kaladim, overseer chests used to award collectibles that hadn't yet been added to collections. To be fair, this was exploitable. I have not opened an overseer chest since last patch that gave me an uncollected collectible. All of the collectibles I have been awarded since have already been seen by me.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Overland shinies are a rotten idea in a loot chest. We can reasonably assume that everybody can get those easily.

NO-TRADE collection members from Solo or Heroic zones, I could see.
    Soara2, Zynt, Argosunited and 2 others like this.
  12. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Perhaps, perhaps not - discussion tabled as it would likely drag the crafter community into a conversation about red-aggro harvesting.

Additionally, the Overseer feature is account wide - so alts can (and do) get 120-level shinies. I like that, because turning in those collections is a metric butt-ton of experience for my lowbies. And with the current rush on BoL zones, there's a ton of them on the broker for comparatively cheap, making it easy to finish collections.

My older toons still hate them, though.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Udonn Active Member

What is the purpose of allowing us to examine a reward chest to see what's possible, only to receive things that aren't even showing when examining the chest? Vision of Vox, a 10 hour mission, rewarded empyral potions, yet they aren't even listed when you examine the chest. And no, I only got that one chest.
    Wulfgyr, Soara2, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

In the small print, at the bottom of the list, are the words just kidding.
    Soara2, Wulfgyr, Udonn and 3 others like this.
  15. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Well I got a darned Essence of Chaos...do I win as the biggest loser?
    Breanna, Soara2, Wulfgyr and 2 others like this.
  16. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

inb4 mousing over any reward box and seeing:

"you think there might be something hidden in here"

just wanna say - that's not acceptable either.
    Svenone, Irrixess, Soara2 and 5 others like this.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

I had two of the 15 day mount training reduction items as well that in the description said they would reduce mount training by 10 days. I held onto them for a long time, but I did use one a few days ago and one again yesterday, and they both did reduce the mount training by 15 days, so even though the description is still wrong, they are applying correctly as per the name of the item.

Also, since the update they did yesterday, I have been mostly receiving potions that I never use as rewards. That was only one day, however, so will have to wait and see what happens over the course of the next week or so, but that surely was not a good sign. :D
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  18. ramblinrod Member

I mostly agree with folks here, definitely that crates of a certain tier should not be containing sub-tier contents. It's just downright disgusting to get excited about winning a mythical bonus crate, and then see it contained a treasured agent or quest (and if that's not bad enough, you already have them... many of them!) It's just not right.

That said, I also don't think getting a fabled reward every time you run a fabled quest, guaranteed regardless of mishap or not, is right either, for 30 seconds of effort, and even 10 hours of waiting. Yes, you risk your agent getting axed or trapped or whatever, but still.

I'd have my expectations in much better alignment with reality, if the reward crate examination dialog just had a few examples of the various things they might contain, with the description that this crate has X% chance of getting those better goodies, and X% chance you'll be utterly disappointed. And, for heaven's sake, get rid of the Treasured, Fabled, Mythical, etc. labels on these things. Those labels are far more consistently used in other areas of the game to indicate loot quality (well... maybe... but let's not make that worse.) They should contain the same tier of contents if they're going to be classed that way. Instead, Call them Ominous, Favored, Auspicious, something like that.
    Lateana and Soara2 like this.
  19. Zylara Well-Known Member

Just finished a 10hr Overseer quest (The Kra'thuk's Magical Properties) last night, had matched 3 of the 5 pics and my lovely reward was ...... A Greater Fragment of Planar Energy lol as if I havent been getting them from nearly every other quest lately, out of the 10 quests I ran the other day i ended up with 8 of the Planar Energy fragments
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Zylara Well-Known Member

OK Ripped off .. Just completed a quest (forget which one) got a new quest for the reward that I know I hadnt seen b4 but not only is it not in my overseer quests I even checked my bag in case it didnt auto scribe and not there either, went to my logs and absolutely nothing shows that i even finished an overseer quest and got a reward