Fixed Internally Unannounced Changes to Overseer Mission Reward Crates?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, a few days ago the FABLED \aITEM -1291998826 -1338959770 0 0 0:[Overseer Reward Crate]\/a had a huge list of contents.

Today, the Mission "The Word of Thule" gave me a chest with this same aLink. However, it has a small subset of the contents I originally saw, which I thought was probably an improvement:

[IMG]

However, I'm guessing that the contents did not actually change. People are complaining about "bait and switch" chests elsewhere on the Forums here, and proving the point, here's the reward this chest actually gave me:

[IMG]

Not even stacks of those harvests, but just one of each? Really? Out of a FABLED crate?

(1) The Examine window for the crate should show the ACTUAL contents of the crate.

(2) The change(s) to Overseer Mission Reward Crate(s) should have been listed in the Release Notes, don't you think? How can fansites keep up with this stuff if you don't tell us when there actually are changes? Can someone update the release notes to show the actual changes now, even if it is after the fact?

(3) An [insert adjective here] FABLED chest should give you a FABLED reward. Or at least something better than junk harvests! One Lantern Hogfish does not a FABLED reward make.

If the various crates in BoL are gonna give you junk rewards like infusers and harvests, at the least give us a bunch of whatever junk it's handing out. If it's common raws, give us a full stack. If it's ordinary rares, then make it a dozen. If it's shadowed common raws, give at least a dozen, If it's an actual shadowed rare, hand out 3-5 at least

(4) Take the LORE tag off the instance reset baubles and make them tradeable. Lots of people won't ever need them, and raiders will buy the things for good plat.
  2. Tangris Well-Known Member

Agreed and liked!
    ramblinrod, Soara2, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  3. EmJay Well-Known Member

I've seen partial listings of what might drop from an overseer reward crate numerous times since release of the Overseer feature. I might check the fabled chest at one time and only see the gear that might drop which is what i'm seeing in your image, Sigrdrifa, then the next time I check a fabled chest it will show the whole list of things that could be inside. I don't think it is indicative of what you will actually receive as a reward once the mission is complete. I think it is broken. /shrug
    Soara2 and Argosunited like this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I've received common collection pieces and infusers since the last update. I don't think it's just a display issue, something has changed.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Regrettably, there's a long list of "broken" things released in this xpac, which is only adding to the frustration of many players. Fabled chests which give you five regular items?
    Soara2, Finnwizz, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  6. Sniper Member

Well they got there money from us so there happy, now I agree these crates are disgrace at the moment along with a mount that 95% of people don’t even have as an appearance I’d be happy with a plain horse that fly’s with the stats on it tbh
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are a full dozen versions of the Overseer Mission Reward Crate, and to be certain I know which is what, I am referring to the aLinks (each of the dozen has its own unique aLink).
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. EmJay Well-Known Member

I understand, Sig. But it still seems to be a display bug.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Like, agreed with, and the first person I thought of when I noticed the changes was you. the work you'd been doing, for free, to get the list up on the Wiki.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

I wish we got the contents of these type of items in Census. :(
    Soara2, Zeddicious, Finnwizz and 5 others like this.
  11. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I would prefer to have a chest rewards list hidden. There's not much fun for me knowing what I can possibly get from a chest beforehand. I prefer to believe that I can get the best item in game from any chest reward one very lucky day. This is a game after all.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Obano and 2 others like this.
  12. Avithax Well-Known Member

They can't even get the NPC's to learn their real names and you suggest that the update notes be correct. I agree 100% with your post however it's obvious that accuracy is not given a single, solitary "[insert adjective here]" about.
    Soara2, Zeddicious and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I think you get sometimes a truncated chest on the preview and that the final chest you get isn't truncated. At least it never was for me (and I grabbed the links I added to the wiki from the reward and not the preview)

Btw, they changed the icons on Test.

I just have one showing truncated chest showing
    \aITEM -1291998826 -1338959770 0 0 0:[Overseer Reward Crate]\/a
    [IMG]
    I'm pretty sure I'll have the full listing as a reward, I'll let you know.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ok, I stand corrected, I just got this showing as a reward on another quest:

[IMG]

And the fabled reward was \aITEM 944735496 965002246 0 0 0:[Overseer's Mount Training Reduction [10 Day]]\/a
    Link of box is the same as https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Overseer_Bonus_Reward_Crate_(Version_4)

(they seem to have fixed the mount training reduction name)

So reward boxes are also off, not just the previews.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Gnomfu Active Member

WHAT! you can see different colored chest in your list. must be nice... LOL
    all of mine are light blue <shakes fist at RNG gods>
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You and me both. It's a painful clerical exercise to hand-transcribe the contents.
    Soara2, Feldon, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, Test is once again ahead of live which is nice and that's a really nice change for sure.
  18. Moss Well-Known Member

If you are looking for useful overseers rewards be known that only 2h30 to 3h30 bonus crates gives those so needed recipes.

So you need to pray the rng god to get as many of those quests as possible, then pray to get a bonus crate, then pray to get a recipe, and finally pray again to get a red adorn with one.

By the way I’m still praying on my multiple accounts.

If you really want to list overseers crates content only concentrate on those.
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's not how the wiki works, though. The wiki attempts to document everything. How much of "everything" actually gets done depends on what volunteers are willing and able to do.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Prox Well-Known Member

I have been religously doing the overseer quests .....I have a lot of craptastic infusers .....lol
    Soara2, Kuulei, Breanna and 2 others like this.