Unable to purchase all access

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by COLDF13ND, Feb 15, 2018.

1. COLDF13ND New Member

I'm trying to buy a sub for EQII. I'm not currently at home. When I enter my information it tells me that my current country does not match. Well sorry Daybreak. I don't happen to have a credit card for every country I visit lol. Can anyone help me out with this, please?
  2. COLDF13ND New Member

....and just now I got booted off mid-game due to "Unusual activity on your account". FFS people, I've only been playing for like 30 minutes. What exactly about running around Faydark doing newbie quests is unusual?
  3. COLDF13ND New Member

To top it all off, I can't create a customer service ticket. It keeps telling me to verify my email (which I've already done).
  4. Ursaithe New Member

Did you try to pay via Paypal? May be a workaround for you. Its not super obvious that its an option via membership/krono direct purchasing, but there's a tab under the "Complete Your Purchase" header in checkout.
    COLDF13ND and Rosyposy like this.
  5. COLDF13ND New Member

Thanks, Ursaithe. I don't see any option to use paypal, but I tried paying with steam and that didn't work either. Gave me an error message. Gosh, it sure would be nice if a Daybreak employee replied to this thread!

Edit: I was finally able to submit a ticket. It's Request #520783.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would send a private message here on the forums to Roxxlyy and ask her politely if she will make sure that ticket number gets to customer service.

Also, make sure you begin updating that petition (ticket) immediately. Just update it with something like I am a real person and need real help. If you do not update it, typically you will get a canned response and it will be closed. Continue to update that petition a couple of times a day until you actually receive a non-canned response.
  7. COLDF13ND New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, Cyrrena. Surprisingly, I've already received a response. Here it is:

Ray C. (Daybreak Games)
    Feb 16, 10:43 AM PST
    Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue. We do advise players to use a payment source issued from their current country of residence to make purchases on the account. If your current residence in a different is temporary, you may wish to wait until having returned home before making purchases on the account of concern.

I don't think this is a canned response, based on the grammar and sentence structure. I do think it's spectacularly unhelpful and suggests that Daybreak uses outsourced, low wage customer service. Quite disappointing. I was really hoping for something more useful than "Sorry about your luck, bro."
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Perhaps you can get a prepaid card in whatever country you are in? I would probably update that petition again and tell them you travel frequently and cannot get a card for every place you travel and ask them for alternate payment suggestions.

I hope this gets resolved for you quickly.
    Cheallaigh and Rosyposy like this.
  9. COLDF13ND New Member

I got another reply from a supervisor who is making an honest effort to help me out. Thank you for all your suggestions, everyone :)
  10. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

lol i've had it happen before... got flagged for buying pots(which i had done before), despite this account being from 2005 and the same CC for at least 6 years... kander was a sweetheart and saw my post here, helped me resolve it. sometimes you get flagged for no reason(it's automated), sometimes for a legit reason, they resolve it usually quickly if it's a mistake.
  11. COLDF13ND New Member

Update: I was finally able to purchase All Access through steam, but now I've run into another problem. I can't buy Planes of Prophecy because it's not available on steam :( I submitted a ticket over 24 hours ago and haven't received a response yet. My ticket number is 527273. Any help would be appreciated!
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I believe you just buy the expansion through account management and you then have access to the content. I also forgot when I replied previously, I have known people that when using any browser other than IE have trouble making purchases, when they used IE their purchase was completed with no issues.

I would try using the link to the expansion on the marketplace in game, if the purchase wont go through, then I would try going through account management.

And again, make sure you update that ticket frequently or it will be closed as resolved.
    Rosyposy likes this.