Unable to preloading assets

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Maxeross, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Maxeross New Member

Probably because my Wifi doesn't work in stable, the preloading assets process will shows complete when it's not really completed (20%-30%download finished every time) What should I do with this problem?
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

I am sorry, but do you have an EQii game account whose login and password you enter in launchpad before downloading the game? Because usually there should be no problems downloading this game, especially if your Internet browser (according to visual sensation) loads pages at an acceptable speed in all-inclusive mode (by default). And how many percent is your wifi signal level? I think that for wifi it's not need to have more than ~ 50% of maximum signal level to download even very weighty content from Internet. It just affects the speed
  3. Maxeross New Member

of course I have the account and login before launchpad runs. The download preloading assets will show complete after download only processed 10-20%. And next time when I enter the game, it will still need to download preloading assets.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

5. Maxeross New Member

Tried everything in this article, but still the same. The preloading asset will run a while and then shows complete before it really 100% download the whole package. And next time you launch the game, it will start from 0% again. I can play the game without preloading assets, but when I enter the game it's a little slow and get stuck at the beginning. I'm a little afraid it will the same every time I enter a new map.
    Is there any way to download these things other than from the launchpad?
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

1. If you are using the default streaming client, you need to switch to the full download version. The streaming version is, IMO, a steaming pile of dragon poo.
    2. If you are using Steam for the client, you should probably be using the DBG direct version. AFAIK the steam version is no longer officially supported.
    3. There is no 3.
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

I don’t know another way, except if someone could share client (for me, big problem is to upload it all to Internet to share). That's right, Svenone, a full client is needed (was it really meant otherwise?). Especially if you use a wifi connection, all more unstable .. Maxeross, check for free space (today at least 22.5 Gb of disk space is required and some reserve is needed for the future). Launchpad, by default, loads game on drive C, to user folder (home on linux). You have to manually select directory yourself, but as I recall, launchpad didn't provide such a choice (due to some misunderstanding or imperfection (hi DB!) it could not be done). If I remember correctly when I started playing, I had to take care of availability of sufficient space in the default directory for my first download of game client. If need, after a full download, you can copy it to where you need and play. It will be updated without any problems in future
  8. Maxeross New Member

It works.
    Thank you guys.
  9. Maxeross New Member

It works.
    Thank you guys.