Unable to play on EU English anymore

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Chikkin, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'm in US, I've been playing on Splitpaw for the past 2 years, then this July I started back on US English build on Isle of Refuge.

Just noticed yesterday I cannot get to EU English anymore? the launchpad tries to patch it and midway thru downloading pops this:

Unable to write to C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuest II/mozilla/components/alerts.xpt
    - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/71/205/095c31a2f13eec074497d8f6db98d403ddb. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.

Help? I don't want to lose those characters on Thurgadin, really want to log them in and do at least some seasonal stuff
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I don't know why copy/pasted error above comes out halfway invisible , it shows when you highlight it
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

I just patched to the EU English without problems.

The error message you give, though...have you been Beta testing? I'm pretty sure I've seen that error in screenshots on Discord in relation to the beta test.

Edit: This should show the message if I did it right:

The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Haven't been beta testing before, just started beta now, wanted to copy a Thurgadin toon :( so far can't
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Maybe re-install the game completely. All I can tell you is /beta absolutely works from Thurgadin.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

no way I'm reinstalling everything hehe

it's not beta. it' Thurgadin that's the problem, how did I lose permission to play there?:eek:
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

My inner IT tech got lucky and I fixed it myself lol
    Decided to delete the silly file that was giving it the error, it told me I couldn't do that since it's corrupted. So i tried to delete the whole mozzila folder, that was also no go, but it let me rename it, and then patcher aparently created it again because it patched EU and let me log in my thurgadin toons
    /yay
    /patselfonback
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :D

Welcome back to Across the Pond! I'd've freaked out if I couldn't access my "kids" over there. :-/

Uwk
    "father" of dozens ;->
    Chikkin likes this.