Unable to login - Laungchpad error :(

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by santargria, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Spock Active Member

Ok here's a run out of things .First if u can login without launchpad it's much easier to get in game.Second if u have character in an instanced zones the zone might not be available.Houses and GH just starting to be able to enter but not all of them at least on AB.Third when u get in game shinies and loot might mark you are too busy when u try to click them to fix that camp to character select and come back.I think that's it for now from what i observed.Contested zones is your best bet if u want to zone somewhere.
  2. daicia Well-Known Member

Still no fix for this. :( It's the last day to complete the world event quest too. Has anyone seen/heard updates on the issue?
  3. Evil_Wood_Elf New Member

Returning Veteran /curtsy
    My first post and not the one i'd like to have wrote...

"UNABLE TO LOGIN" Was so excited after downloading the 230mb launcher and then the caching assets 19GB :eek: only to encounter the same problem... verified files and exception-ed Av etc etc... checked forums & PC/Graphics stats however to no avail..reboot..uninstalled...reinitialized DL and same problem.. Launcher works up to selecting the keyboard layout and then... got this from another post..BOOM! caching appearances screen then errors out to desktop (Send Error Report). :mad:

Id have to say after waiting almost a decade to play again... locating my old logins and then authenticating them through these Daybreak people has almost deterred me from returning to EQ2 (myAllTimeFAV).

What have you guys done?? Where is SOE...even my OG install discs don't work..?? :confused:
    • The only real thing keeping me going at this point is the INTRO MUSIC... I had not heard this in many many years!
    • Guess I will play the waiting game some more...I've waited this long...
    And Yes! WINXP:p
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

At what time did this happen? How long ago? I was hoping that by now they had fixed this...
    Evil_Wood_Elf likes this.
  5. Evil_Wood_Elf New Member

Was all day... Started yesterday night 02/11 around 20:30 through to this morning 04/11 1:15AM...

I tried by bypassing the launcher too...

Could be the US version I'm using or the random weather in Melbourne AUS...
  6. Spock Active Member

I'm thinking she installed the old launcher that came with those old discs and of course doesn't work anymore instead of downloading from website.
  7. Evil_Wood_Elf New Member

Yeah tried website DL first...the original is only like 2GB..I tried that in hope it would prompt an update of some sorts..

Edit:

Heard there was a file in the dir you could delete/modify...not sure if that actually works though..
    Open to suggestions and thanks for the response's =)
  8. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I thought there were login problems across the servers yesterday? And of course today they will be coming down for usual Tuesday maintenance.

Do you get any kind of error message when the login fails?
  9. Spock Active Member

There was definitely login issues yesterday in the afternoon eastern time so that's a possibility.I would try when everything works fine so like noon eastern today assuming patch is finish at that time.
  10. Evil_Wood_Elf New Member

Maintenance now so might pay to get some rest and leave it to the pro's :rolleyes:
    Ticket logged and legs crossed...hopefully some results by daybreak.

Subject

Reference #

Status

Date Created

Support History

Cant Login

151103-000144

Updated BY Customer

11/03/2015
    Enoibia likes this.
  11. Gwyn New Member

Such things can happen, when a publisher is ruling things, he has no idea of. They do what THEY want, not what their paying customers want.

Kicking staff out, merging servers and focus on new overprized DLC for raising own profit instead of fixing things, that are badly need to be fixed since years? This is what DG does since they occupied this game: just milking the cow as long as possible!

For "free to play" it's good enough, so there's no reason to threaten with "never play it again". For me they may take their time to fix this... if i cannot login, well, not MY loss then. :p

I will definitely not renew my subscription as long as there is no light on the horizon. Period.
  12. Spock Active Member

For years it was more important to release new expansion then fixing error even before company got sold so nothing new there it's been going on for years.So to blame colombus nova for it is short sighted. I don't like it too but i'm not the one deciding those things.We have to remember that they have so many employees and give them a chance.With everything going on at this time might be impossible to take more workload at the moment.
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

And the servers and routers do what they want. Trust me, hardware and/or software is going to screw up or just plain smoke at the worst possible times. Been there, done that, and had to deal with irate customers (which, btw, just slows everything down because you can't actually fix stuff while you're explaining that you're fixing it) while trying to clean up the fallout and get backups installed and running.
    Evil_Wood_Elf and Enoibia like this.
  14. Gwyn New Member

Sure, hardware can fail, and it WILL do so! Exactly that is what redundancy is good for.

So... assuming DG is not THAT incompetent, there should better be not a simple hardware failure the reason for the current problems. Maybe they just "forgot" to pay their bills for electricity or internet connection, or to feed the poor hamsters? <scnr> ;-)
  15. Adevil Well-Known Member

Well SoE did forget to pay for a domain renewal last year.....and it's probably the same accountants at Daybreak.
  16. Blambil Active Member

Hang in there.. once all this smooths out, you'll get back in, and you'll have a blast.. I've "returned" several times ,and I've loved every one.. the rediscovery.. I always turn the GFX way up for the first week or so.. sound up fulll :)
  17. Spock Active Member

There was an oil spill a few months ago in canada and the pipeline company said before that spill that technicians at control center would know the minute that happen.Guess what it's an employee going to that site that found it 1 day later so yes things don't always go the way they are suppose to even with multinational company with sales in the billions.
    Evil_Wood_Elf and Adevil like this.
  18. Evil_Wood_Elf New Member

• Thanks Blambil need some positives in these dark times.

• Totally agree Gwyn...thought after all these years the kinks would have been ironed out and gaming experience much much better with today's technology...looking for that sunrise^^

Never mistaken motion for progress.
    Have you ever seen a rocking horse? Plenty of motion however very little progress.
  19. Evil_Wood_Elf New Member

Hi All,
    Wanted to share the information provided by Daybreak in regards to the ticket I submitted...

In short... XP is no longer supported and not a minimum requirement anymore :(

Please see the below response:

Thank you for providing us with this information. Unfortunately EverQuest II is no longer supported for use on Windows XP due to various game changes that will now cause a variety of issues to occur for you when using that operating system. In order for the game to work properly our best suggestion would be to use a system that has Windows 7 or newer on it for best results. You can review the game's current system requirements at the following link:

http://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10562/

Regards,

Sean F.
    Senior Technical Support Representative
    Daybreak Game Company
  20. Spock Active Member

Yeah windows xp is not even supported anymore by microsoft let alone the gaming industry. Time to upgrade Evil.