Unable to log in today

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Wakki, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

..you don't follow instructions. you didn’t do as you were told to do in dbg support. afterwards you didn't do as i told you.. you couldn't even reinstall windows - you just refreshed it (and all problems of your system were safely saved).. to reinstall windows, you first need to destroy all data on disk. you can use low-level formatting for this - to completely destroy all data (there is risk of disk damage). that's why i pointed out in brackets that alternative is to buy new disk (there is no info on it, include partition table).. or use special software to delete data
    https://www.lifewire.com/gost-r-50739-95-2625890
    https://www.lifewire.com/free-data-destruction-software-programs-2626174
    method gost r 50739-95 is perhaps best choice on menus of these data erasure programs. only after you clean your disk to "like new from store" state, put windows. because windows errors are stored in hidden from user archive of windows itself in hidden disk partition. and when you just reinstall system - then windows at same time restores errors of previous installation. didn't you know that? goofy, terribly stupid concept of reinstalling windows is one of many reasons why people use other operating systems, including for this game..
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

most likely you installed in your windows some program, that also uses framework. this program messed everything up (it changed some things in framework that was required for EQii to work correctly). you can try to correctly uninstall this program (and refuse to use it, find replacement for it) using, for example, revo
    https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/
    (don't delete necessary entries in registry by inattention, if you are not sure - use standard windows uninstaller, if of course you understand which one this program is).
    although you still need to replace framework with above version (according to instructions from dbg or mine). in this case, you would not need to reinstall windows (correctly). this game requires not only strictly defined version of direct x (9c) but also preferably a specific version of framework (.net framework 3.5 with sp1)
    perhaps after you fix framework, program that caused problem will stop working as expected and thus detect itself in order to permanently remove it. fix it and do enjoy
    [as for kaspersky disk - you need to burn it to dvd, then boot from it - this is only correct (except comodo) way in world to clean your computer from viruses without removing windows]
  3. Wakki New Member

There is no need to be rude. You assume an awful lot about me.
    As I said last night I left it to download the full client rather than the streaming client and I was able to log in this morning.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

:confused: sorry, we cannot guess in beforehand what will be the response to our word
    during each next year, this game doesn't grow very much in volume, so it's always easier to update it than to download new full client every time..
    [now 6 dvd rewritable discs are required to back it up
    (and some acumen to correctly allocated files on these disks)
    and/or one additional ssd/hard disk
    or 32 GB flash drive formatted in exfat (for faster write speed)]