Unable to launch the game at all...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Shaotzo, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Shaotzo New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a new guy. I had purchased the DVD copy of the game shortly after release, played a few months & just could not transition from Asheron's Call to EQII. I am back now to see if I can get into it, being bored & wanting something interesting to play.

So, I install the game, and run the EQII shortcut on my desktop. It pops up an SOE Launcher window & starts loading. It gets to 'loading graphics' and the progress bar never moves, the launcher closes & there is no error message.

I am running in administrator mode, I am using Windows 7 & I am running an Nvidia GTX560M on a laptop.

Is there a work around for this?
    Is this by chance a known issue? Searching yielded nothing for me.

Thanks,

Shao
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Which launcher is it bringing up... and old disc could still have the old launcher. You should be on a launcher that looks like this.
    [IMG]
    If not that could be your error. The yellow bar here is the installer bar, it will be empty or faded-yellow if it is downloading anything.
    Everquets 2 is roughly 10-15 GB in size... granted if you have Beta/Test/Live and LoN installed it is a whopping 45GB.
  3. Shaotzo New Member

That is my issue. I have nothing like that at all. It is a 2.5 inch by 2.5 inch black box that says SOE Launcher. I actually just uninstalled, or I would post a screenshot. I will check for a newer version of the game.

Actually, I am considering the latest expansion, but do not want to drop $30 to find I am not into the game.

Thanks,

Shao
  4. Shaotzo New Member

Update, I located the correct launcher, reinstalled, and all is well. I am playing.

Thank you Estred for your help,

Shao