Unable to download

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Rahtoal, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Rahtoal New Member

Ok so here's the problem I'm having, the game will not update after logging in on launcher a window pops up and says: unable to download IDS_UNABLETODOWNLOAD, I've tried resetting my router and computer and disabled my virus scanner, anything else I can try? or to identify the problem?
  2. Rahtoal New Member

Validated assets, all good now
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I assume you mean that you have completely rebooted your computer. Please restart your antivirus!

(1) Is this a new problem? By which I mean, have you been able to play the game previously on this computer, or is this a new issue?

(2) Start the Launchpad and click the Advanced Tools button (it has a crossed wrench and hammer), then ask it to Validate Game Assets (sometimes a file gets borked, especially if your computer crashed while a file is open). Does that fix the problem?

(3) Are you streaming the game? If so, somewhere in the Launchpad's Advanced Tools settings you can ask it to download the game files instead of streaming them, which may help.

(4) Download a fresh copy of the Launchpad install. (Look for the green box that says"Already have a Daybreak Account? Download the Game.") Let it install. Does the problem still exist?
    Kawoosh and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Rahtoal New Member

It's happening again, tried all steps listed above still doing the same thing, must be my ISP, I know comcast had a major outage yesterday, more information: I have been playing the game on this same computer for 10 years, full game reinstall as of 2 hours ago, attempting file validation gets same notification, still will not update disabled and restarted antivirus, no change