Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgam

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkiz, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You're not even making it to the servers in San Diego, looks like. Hmm.
  2. locojay4ff New Member

How do i fix it?

I can update for EU and US why is it messing up for Test?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I honestly don't know. There is a problem going on that they're working on and they think they know what it is, but I dunno how soon there will be a fix. Lemme just go find that thread... look at this thread.
  4. locojay4ff New Member

YAY!

It was fixed or my internet fixed itself.

I can now update test
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Same here... first time it's updated properly in about two weeks. :)
  6. DeathTouch New Member

Patching EverQuest2.exe
    *Warning: Retrying EQ2Settings.exe
    *Warning: Retrying SequenceSound.dll
    *Warning: Retrying EverQuest2.exe
    *Error: Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com/...zs/c7/1eb/4a322fdc0d042c2464c048ebe48e18cec3c
    No other issues with my internet. Using xfinity. Anyone else having any issues?
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/launchpad-issues-november-11-2020.596757/
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Phaya New Member

Same error, on my normal Kaladim account Europe which I logged in earlier today and now doesn't work.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

If it worked earlier today try using the everquest2.exe program directly to bypass the launcher. And follow the existing threads on the problem to keep abreast of the updates.
  10. Elvok New Member

11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I updated about 30 minutes ago, the issue is still ongoing.
    Breanna, iamvegano and Beee like this.
  12. shaunisme Member

I cant even get launcher to download,,"Download the game" does nothing. impressive!
    Breanna likes this.
  13. iamvegano Active Member

Any updates from anyone out there?
    This morning I have just tried again to log in... so far, it looked good, I clicked the launch button and waited for the ever so lovely message, but it didn't come. I got excited. Then while waiting for the next screen to complete I got the lovely error: eq2 everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown

It crashed. So I restarted and went to verify files. No problem. Launch............... crickets........... crash again.

After reading almost everything I could find (and all the theories in the world about what the problem is), I found one where the person said to do Full Download...

I did..

And now, I am back to the socket error

I saw an update at the top of the forum that said it was impacting only some servers, but none of them were AB and I still cannot get in.

not for nothing, when this started two days ago, DBG was still kind enough to charge me my quarterly payment for the service, so I want to thank them for making sure at least one part of the system is working correctly :)
  14. Denniro New Member

Can you give us a full downloaded client or something else where we can download the game beside the launcher?
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Unfortunately no, one of the issues is that it's affect all our titles across all studios. That's millions of files being downloaded by potentially hundreds of thousands if not millions of players.
    Hpartidas and Breanna like this.
  16. Meenahriot New Member

Can you mail us CD-ROMS?
    Breanna and Hpartidas like this.
  17. ŞɸƦѦ Member

18. Smashey Well-Known Member

I wonder why the launchpad is still trying to connect to station.sony.com / lvs-gt-els03:'station.sony.com and 3 other addresses just to patch and launch a game. Surely that is obsolete and not necesary at all and only slows down the launching/patching progress?