Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgam

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkiz, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Gemo Member

Well hoping the root cause of it all is the launchpad issues, has happened before and people were running into the same things, and sometimes we just can't do anything but wait for them to get their ducks in an order to fix it. Sounds like you've tested everything else at least, so the ball is in their court, just a little patience and all will be well soon. I mean I was at it most of the night trying anything I could think, know what it feels like when ya can't get it to work and seems like nobody is listening or giving information quick enough but I assure you they are, and will be letting us know when they know.
  2. coffeeislife New Member

Thanks mate, really appreciate you trying to help. Yeah I tried launching the exe directly, but yeah files out of date. No I get there are issues and they need to be sorted. All I really want is for daybreak to communicate a bit better, cause it's just like you said: I spent hours trying to get it to work, and it seemed like no one at daybreak really listened or cared that I and others couldn't download their game. I'm sure they're fixing it, and it won't be long. Just wish they keep people up to date using the forums. It's a pretty big issue, so just surprised. Coming from other games it is quite strange to not see a stream of updates regarding this issue.
  3. Gemo Member

4. Gemo Member

Yeah I can see how it would look like a lack of communication, but it's more not having any new information to share with us at the time, and would just be a repeat of what they have already said. This is just something at least I've gotten used to I guess. I mean they could be spending the time updating us with no real new information or working hard on the next expansion. It seems like there's a long time till it's here, but I can tell they are already crunching the time and burning the late night oil lol, i'm sure Roxxy will be around soon enough with an update or such.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Gemo Member

Here's an invite to the official discord server... https://discord.gg/c6mwhNE, That's where I hang out and is a great place to hear any new information as soon as it's available, but they can't stop and respond to everybody asking the status on it. They do update us when it's fixed, or when it's going to be fixed as soon as they know.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. coffeeislife New Member

Thanks, wasn't even aware there was a discord server, will join that tonight!
  7. Ramones New Member

Thurgadin is working for me now again (4.30PM CET).
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Sina New Member

You are my hero! <3
    Replacing the files with your updated ones and then launching directly the everquest2.exe bypassing the launcher - the only thing that worked for me!!! Thank you so much :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Vaenivo New Member

Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problem for me, but I'm a returning player who still needs to download the entire game.
  10. Corisu Member

just heard back from support who said it should be resolved, try again...
    /screams. It still isn't working, and so the ticket continues.
    just wanted to let you all know in case it works for someone else.
  11. Pvpmedicx New Member

What Gemo posted above worked for me. I was able to download a fresh install of EQ2 from steam then move the files Gemo linked into my folder and launch game with Everquest2.exe and bam I am back in the game. Thanx Gemo
  12. Gothicangel New Member

any eta on the fix. it is still not working grrrrrrrr i have tried everything taking files from my other computer and putting them in and it didnt work tryed the things on here didnt work
  13. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Good morning! The team is still aware of, and working on this. I'll let you know an ETA as soon as I can.
    Breanna, Vaenivo and coffeeislife like this.
  14. coffeeislife New Member

Thank you, but please don't leave it a full day again. This is a pretty serious issue, nothing more frustrating than being left in the dark.
  15. coffeeislife New Member

Hmm weird. Right. I don't know what was changed, but I just deleted my launcher cache (for what seems to be the 20th time), and ran it. It updated! I'm actually in game! Something must have been fixed. If you're having this issue, delete the folder "Launchpad.Cache" inside "Launchpad.Libs" and try and run the launcher again. Did that loads yesterday, same issue kept appearing. Tried it just now and it worked
  16. TravisT1234 New Member

Still doesn't work for me. (Sigh) But happy it did for you Coffee. Go kill something for me.
  17. Azola Member

So far,have tried everything that seems to work for someone with no luck. Daughter who lives in the same house as I do and uses the same internet connections, got right into Fallen Gate AFTER purchasing the new expansion for both of her accounts and even that did not work for me. Le sigh. Off to download the beta and see if that will work...even though I find them less than satisfying.
  18. Vaenivo New Member

@Coffeeislife, that trick worked for my two other computers, but not my main PC. Interestingly enough, the main PC is the only one that has had EQ2 on it before. I tried uninstalling, and even deleting, all previous EQ2 files thinking there was a corrupting or conflicting presence. That didnt work either. I'm about to dive into my hard drive to figure something out.
  19. coffeeislife New Member

@Vaenivo that is really, really weird. Honestly, I think it might be a timing issue. Maybe I just lucked out and however DBG's mirrors for files worked, I got the files it needed? I've no idea. I hope they fix it for good though, because it's actually a pretty fun game, and I'd like to get a friend on here as well. This won't convince them to stick with it though ;)
  20. Vaenivo New Member

I'm just so excited to play again, and, since I've never had these sorts of issues with EQ2 before, this isnt deterring me from playing at all.

I want to play on Fallen Gate and make some new friends!