Unable to do update and launch game

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Liral, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Liral Active Member

2. Lamatu Active Member

My advice is to move your EQ2 folder out of c:\users and into a custom folder like c:\games and see if that helps. You may also be running into a firewall or antivirus thing that is preventing writing to the folder.

Run task manager to see if any files or game programs are currently in use before you move the folder.
  3. Liral Active Member

Actually ended up being a windows update that was causing the problem. Did a system restore and was able to get in but windows updated again last night so we'll see what happens when i try and play today.
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

This is a bug that occurs, but infrequently. The reason the update can't open the file is usually because EverQuest2.exe is still in use. For some reason, the game can spawn/leave multiple copies of the file running. Next time open up task manager and stop/kill any instances of EverQuest2.exe that are still running and restart launchpad
  5. Petrofrog New Member

Thanks Flameweaver, I had this issue too and your answer sorted this problem out :). Wonder why it keeps running in the background after you shut it down? It is quite memory intensive too.
    flameweaver likes this.