Unable to connect to Freeport characters

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Pakhet, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Pakhet Member

"Server was unable to find your character. Please rerun the launcher" ... endlessly. Was on for a minute then I tried to flip toons and got that.
  2. TSR-SeanF Member

You may want to go to your EverQuest II directory, open the launchpad.libs folder, and delete the launchpad.cache folder located there. Once this has been done try re-running the patcher and see if you can connect correctly.

If you are still unable to connect correctly you may want to make backups and then delete the following files and folders in your EverQuest 2 directory:

cache folder (does not apply to Steam users)
    eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini
    EverQuest2.exe
    eq2.ini

Next, delete the configuration files/folder by following these instructions:
    1. Open the EverQuest II LaunchPad. (Do not login at this time.)
    2. Click Advance Tools, Open Game Directory, then close the LaunchPad.
    3. Look for any files explained above and delete them.
    4. Close all open folders and restart EverQuest II using the LaunchPad to login and play.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.
  3. Mourneuk New Member

Jesus please be aware that the server is DOWN! None of the stuff you're suggesting will bring the server back up
  4. eq2Liaya Member

I was having the same issue and it fixed it for me ty!
  5. Mourneuk New Member

Only the server coming back up fixed the issue for me. Guess I must be a ******* eh?
  6. eq2Liaya Member

Ya because I was having this issue when servers where up. Maybe try not to assume everyone is having the same issues today.
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I am still not getting onto Freeport. Sometimes it says the server is down and at other times it says it can't find my characters. In both instances I can only see four characters out of about 15. I tried deleting the launchpad cache folder and that did not work.

Is Freeport actually up and running or is it just an issue with my computer?
  8. eq2Liaya Member

I am up and running atm
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Thanks. I just deleted a few more files and got in this time.
  10. Arcturys Member

Not sure. Server status has said Freeport's been up all this time, but I kept getting intermittently kicked to server select while zoning or /camping to a diff character, and was told the server was down. Well now it's been down apparently for the last 20 minutes - at least, every time I try logging in that's what it says, no matter which account I use. Yet server status still says Freeport is doing fine, so I don't know...

The above fix didn't help my situation. I'm still getting the server down and "The server could not find your character. Please exit and rerun the patcher." messages.
  11. Faelynn Active Member

The server status page has long been known to be questionable in its timeliness of updates - don't take it as gospel.

Of course, that said, I'm at least raising an eyebrow that it's showing Freeport as having "half" the population of several other servers right now. Was under the impression that Freeport was one of the most populated - so if we say that the server status IS telling the truth, then that's also giving away that a LOT of folks are having issues getting into Freeport right now.

Oh yeah -- I'm one of them. Otherwise I wouldn't be on the forum right now ;) I've tried deleting all the files named above, and now the game is only finding my two Nagafen toons... it isn't even SHOWING any of my dozen and a half Freeport toons :(

EDIT: Of course, no sooner do I post this than I turn around & retry again and get in no problems... *sigh*
  12. Arcturys Member

Same, and confirmed. I tried both logging in from normal character select, and also logging directly in using the launchpad's character select. Both ways are working fine for Freeport at the moment.

Thanks, guys.
  13. Peachie New Member

I got in earlier. Now i am getting the only 4 characters showing cant log in server down message again. Hi Fae!
  14. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Let me log in and see what's going on. I'll keep you all updated!