Fixed Internally Unable to access the Cave of Illboding Dark

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by EyEdealist, Jun 15, 2022.

1. EyEdealist New Member

Have the quest "Off the Ossuary," for which I need to enter the Cave of Illboding Dark in Frostfang Sea. Unfortunately, clicking on the entrance gives me the message "You must have access to Expansion: Sentinel's Fate to enter that zone" and prevents me from entering. Have never experienced this on any of my other characters, all of which have completed it just fine.

Server: Varsoon
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Hadce New Member

I have the quest "Off to the Ossuary" and when I click on the door to enter the cave it tells me "You must have access to Expansion: Sentinel's Fate to enter that zone."

I thought maybe I was too high a level - so I grouped with my son's character and mentored down - and I still can't enter it. I can enter "Cave of Illboding Dark: The Lingering Threat" but not "Cave of Illboding Dark".

This leaves the quest line with this quest giver dead - and prevents the next quest line in the next area of this zone. "Odon Scourgeson" will say "There are some coldain that could use your help. Speak with Dolur Axebeard or Belka Thunderheart at the Great Shelf." The quest that's broken is given by Dolur.

My son's character has completed this quest - he did so the other day before the latest patch - and even he alone cannot enter the instance for this quest.
    Twyla and Rhiven like this.
  3. Hadce New Member

4. Hadce New Member

5. Hadce New Member

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Cave_of_Illboding_Dark

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Off_to_the_Ossuary

My son's character, 'Bike' completed this quest the other day before the patch. When I group with him and try to share the quest it says he's already done it. "Bike has already completed the Quest "Off to the Ossuary".

When grouped with my son and he tries to enter the cave it says, "Captivation must have access to Expansion: Sentinel's Fate to enter that zone."

I'm not sure honestly if this is something bugged about my character - or bugged with the Instance itself. I filled out a bug report in the game and it landed me here on the forums.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Hadce New Member

Standing at the entrance - a few other people have come up and said they cannot enter - it's telling them they need Sentinel's so it's not just me.
    https://imgur.com/a/RIouOZ7
    [IMG]
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

It is definitely not just you, Hadce. Issue has been confirmed and a fix is working its way through QA.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Skoozer New Member

Just came here to report this.
    I also see there is a fix being worked on.
  9. utal New Member

Only one character on my account is affected by this. That being said, the other characters I have successfully been able to enter the cave with have completed this quest fully previously. So, perhaps that changes things but just to provide as much information as possible in the spirit of bug stomping I am mentioning it.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Looks like the fix should go live with Tuesday's patch.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...otes-friday-june-17-2022.605499/#post-6698347
    utal likes this.
  11. ThurgyMonk New Member

Just so you know this is still a problem, after today's downtime. It is not fixed and I have a character, just like many others, who cannot enter the Cave of Illboding without access to Sentinel's Fate expansion.. Was there even a patch today? It seems like it was just a normal sever restart, no download.
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

no patch today
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Viking2054 New Member

I've tried multiple times on my newest toon to get into that zone for the quest, and Haven't been able to. This is both before and after I saw the notice at the top of this thread that it was fixed internally. I beg to differ, it is not fixed.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

That's because "fixed internally" means it's ready to be patched into the live servers. It will be patched in during the next patch, which should be next Tuesday.
    Breanna and Tkia like this.