Un-nerf Dirge Mythical Buff

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Medro, Dec 17, 2012.

1. mouser Well-Known Member

Here's my take on why there's a shortage of bards (if indeed there really is one):

Most people (my best guess) play the game mostly solo, or at least plan to play solo a lot of the time. When you're at the character creation screen reading about all the joy that is dirge, you're thinking "how boring is that?" and "how will I actually be able to do stuff on my own?". Even people planning to group don't want to be stuck in town waiting for a group to take them in because they're useless on their own.

What the real answers to those questions are is largely irrelevant. It's the first impression the class gives. People understand warriors, wizards, and backstabbing rogues - the staples of RPG's since the days of yore when people argued whether the d8 that landed in a crevice of the carpet should count. Bards? ... not so much.

As for some other classes: Shadowknights sound like the Dark Knights of Final Fantasy and Beastlords sound like WoW Hunters (both very strong classes to say the least). Druids have that 'jack of all trades' thing going for them. If you played 3rd ed, Templar/Inquis sounds like something that will set the world on fire.

*shrug* That's just my take on things. Whatever some 'clicky' weapon that people may or may not acquire at some far future date probably doesn't make much of an impact on their initial class choice.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Mouser you just mentioned something I have made several posts on and that is the the base roll of classes needs to be examined. It is what the roles were built on and why I play a Guardian. With new mechanics the differences between dps classes is muddling as is the distinction between fighter-archetypes; though somehow Warriors are quite different +1 to SOE there for keeping that intact.

The game is old enough that it almost needs an over-haul with a full expansion. Note by previous experience an "expansion" includes the following.

- Nine new unique zones of which are split up into three trio zones-styles. A 4th set of zones may be added later (see Vigilant/Guk/Drunder)

- Three separate Raid Zones each one with full loot tables that build off the others zones. These zones have HM-versions of fights that yeild higher drops.
    * one zone drops mostly Armor
    * one zone drops mostly Jewelry
    * one zone drops Charms/Weapons and a mix of Armor/Jewelry

- One really difficulty (challenge) zone such as UFD or VP in which the best gear comes from. Alternatively there can be HM versions of all instances but the HM-Script must be different enough (see DoV)

- There are no Raid-Bosses in Heroic Zones. This keeps the Raids a separate and unique experience from Grouping.

- Shard/Mark or Token Currency complete with 2 quests (1 daily and 1 for running 3-zones a week) that award more Tokens.
    * Token gear costs 100-300 tokens per slot which with the quests equates to 1-3 weeks average to buy up a piece or two.

- Key-mobs/Raid-Plat chests: Were Platinmum to be removed from VP/SoH/PR/POTAO/TOMC/MMB/WOE/(have I made a point)... having it drop in 6-12p chests in Heroic zones with the Keymob was great. Then in raids there are 18-28p chests to be split through the raid.

- Rare Bosses: Introduced in SF players loved these because their items were on-par with EM-Raid gear and could supplement a force trying to get into HM.

- An X2 Raid zone. This is where the best non-X4 items come from be it Jewelry or Armor (I prefer Armor being EM-X4 only).

- One to Two overland zones complete with Solo questlines and perhaps 3-6 Solo instances that have drops that are just below Heroic level.

- Collections who's rewards are above Heroic-Legendary but below X2 Fabled since you have to run the zone 10+ times to complete the collection.

That to me... is an expansion.
  3. Iowna New Member

Look at the Troubador (fellow bard)
    It has a 15 crit chance and a 300-350 DPS damage proc..

15 Crit Chance..

They should not fix (or even address) Myth buffs, and should just come out with a new one.
    I am sure every classes Myth needs looked at, besides maybe one or two.

Asking them to undo nerfs made long ago seems rather pointless, and a waste of time.

As for what an expansion should have.. Pretty off topic eh?
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Mostly speaking some are alright, Myth buffs are very old. I would rather a new Epic level quest series for perhaps an updated Mythical perhaps revisiting the old one but in new content or perhaps an entirely new Epic quest for a new proc or item akin to the Prismatic type weapons were I have to do Solo, Group and Raid content to finish it.
    Kalderon likes this.
  5. Jokirr Member

I would be down with new epics, quest style being the same, first half is solo/group then when you want it to be fully powered you do the raids to empower it :)
  6. Linus Member

That's interesting. My main always has been and always will be a dirge. But I stopped playing seriously back before Skyshrine, and my guild collapsed in the interim. I picked the game back up and toyed with the idea of finding a new raid guild, and you know what? I don't think I've seen ONE serious raiding guild on my server recruiting a dirge.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

That depends on the server but many competent guilds really like to hold on to their utility classes almost as much as they do their tanks.
  8. Iowna New Member

No idea what server your on, or how you are looking for a guild..
    But almost everyone is constantly recruiting Bards.

You may want to hit up the GuildProgress list for your server and Google the names of the guilds that are on there, and look for raid schedules that fit you and send inquiry.
  9. Linus Member

Trust me, I know how to look for a guild. Most, if not all of them on my server have their own well updated recruitment posts, and not one lists dirge. It doesn't really matter all that much, because the chances of my getting back into it are pretty slim (it was really just a whim), but I thought it was odd that so many think dirges are in particularly high demand. Maybe back during the heyday a crapton of people rerolled to dirge and there's just a glut now of people who were willing to play them on my particular server?

Now, you did mention bards, and not dirges specifically, and I should mention that yes, many of the guilds are recruiting TROUBS, but none dirges.
  10. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I like dirges beeing in mt&ot group, keep them easier up. Troub is fine, if the healer do need some extra distance. We do not recruit bards, cause we got enough on stock.
  11. healer Member

Q:un-nerf dirge mythical?
    A:no