Umopi's Furniture Exposition - City of Mist - Thurgadin

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Karamella, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Karamella Well-Known Member

The idea behind it was to make something like a 3D catalogue. The dress room pics are too small and colours can look very different when you place the items in a house.

So I built nearly every item from all known recipe books, furnitures and buildings blocks as well. It would have become way more but even with expanders there isn't enough space to show everything and I wanted to keep a little bit of space for future recipes :)
    Hmmm, I might open a new house for all the deco stuff like dishes, plants, pots ect. There are so many beautiful things to craft ;)

The expo is accessible from South Qeynos or by leaderboard as massive home.

I hope you like it :)
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is on Maj'Dul? Cool! :)

D'OH! Nope, Thurgadin...I really, really have to read the titles at some point. X-P

Uwk
    Febrith likes this.
  3. Edriliane Active Member

As a Thurgadin resident this makes me very happy :D.
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

This really is excellent Kara:) I went to visit and vote this evening - it's a terrific resource for the Thurgadin server:) I also really like the way you've set it all out and the choice of home to do it in.
  5. Karamella Well-Known Member

*blushes* Thank you so much :) It was fun and challenging at the same time. While working through all the carpenter recipe books I realized how many items we can craft. It's tremendous and I guess you can fill three CoM Estates with it :)

The next thing I'm working on is a furniture exposition on Maj'Dul with a little different layout :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Edriliane Active Member

Perhaps using one of the player-made dungeon would be a good idea considering they have double the item count.

Good luck on your next project.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...is there a way to "publish" a dungeon? Like, a list of them somewhere by title/author/etc. where we can track them down (and please, clear out any native beasties before we try to access it... ;->)? I've never really used the Looking For Dungeon-type stuff in the past for player-built ones, and only tried a couple of times to make warehouses for stuff before giving up in frustration and a fear of what would happen during The Great Consolidation. :-/

Uwk
    Karamella likes this.
  8. Karamella Well-Known Member

As far as I've seen you can publish a dungeon like houses. It appears in the Dungeon Maker list. That list looks similar to the normal housing& leaderboard stuff.
    I picked the Poet's thingy to set up another exposition for the decorative items only, since the layout fits best (can't think of showing off vases, dishes, paintings and plant in a Crushbone fortress :eek: )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

You can decorate dungeons like a house, but you have access to the dungeon making tools as well as any house item that can be placed into houses, guild halls, and dungeons that are not limited to strictly a house. The only problem with dungeons, as we discovered with my (Pvsspvss - owner) Pick Me Pet Emporium! on Maj'dul server, is that you can not enter as a group. Each person must go into the dungeon individually, so it takes away the fun of touring as a group.

It could still be a great resource, however, to use them as a 'museum' of specific type items, as Karamella is doing with the furniture items. Personally, though, I prefer using a nice open air prestige home for these types of displays, so that you get the best lighting you can to view the items.

Dungeons tend to be a bit dark, though certain lighting can help with that, but also takes from item count. When you think about it, however, you can have up to 2000 items and 2000 building blocks in a dungeon as opposed to a maximum of 1200 items/1200 building blocks in a house, depending upon the type of house you use, so that additional item count you get from a dungeon could account for the lighting you would need to use on your displays.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...I know a lot of folks are running around with only a handful or less of people in their guilds any more, and don't guild halls have more item slots? That could help, too, if the other member(s) were willing to just have it open as a display place/museum. :)

Uwk