Um...help.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Celestia, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

I'm not clear on what I am supposed to do for the new quests in Mara, others have said they have finished, but I haven't even found out what I'm supposed to be trying to accomplish. I got into the little boat and went to that Island with the tiny house. Talked to the dwarf and then killed a number of crabs and dinos because there only seems to be that house with the purple thing in it, and nothing on the top of the mountain.
    It didn't update when I went and clicked on the purple energy or anything.
    To add to that, what exactly is the point of the ship in Mara, are we supposed to be able to use that thing to go somewhere, or is it just for show?
    The crafting quests I picked up, and started, but then I couldn't really figure out what exactly to do there either.
    I must be slow or something, because while everyone else is done or already repeating stuff, I'm lost.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Are you reading your quest journal? For the adventure side, you kill the mobs until the barrier drops. Not in game to see the actual verbiage but journal should be asking for you to find the source of malevolence (something like that). Kill all mobs until you get green text and then go kill the named that will be behind the barrier.

On the crafting, the recipes auto scribe. You have to have mats and fuel, but you do need to get mara resin. Mara resin is found in jars all over mara village, around the zone in area where tents are. Once you have that then you can happily craft!

Good luck and try not letting what others are doing to stop you from doing the event.
    Jaden and Hartsmith like this.
  3. isest Active Member

I killed all the skeletons on the beach, the barrier dropped, went inside killed a named mob who went down quick. Call me underwhelmed, as I really was. I was like is this it, for a prelude event took me about 5 minutes. Reused old zones, and that is it? The rest of the quest were clicking on the box gathering items placing in the box and zone out. Crafting took me a few to find the resin in mara village because everybody was doing it. I did it on one toon, trying to decide if I want to waste my time on the other 15 alts.
  4. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I guess I missed the kill the mobs until the barrier drops. (Yeah, I guess I should have looked at the journal, lol)
    But thank you for being so nice about it.
    Jaden likes this.
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

In a way I kinda hope this prelude quest is something of a test for an "island adventure" type mechanic that will be a little more involved in the expansion.

That is probably wishful thinking, though lol.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's a fairly common EQ2 quest mechanic. If in doubt, kill nearby mobs until your mob pops, barriers drop, etc.
    Breanna, Hartsmith and tasnee like this.
  7. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up! I kinda just stood and looked around forever to see if there was anything else lol.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

You and me both, but thank you for asking so that I could read the answer, LOL.
    Jaden, Breanna and tasnee like this.
  9. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Thanks for this bit. I didn't even think about opening jars around the village. Thought it was something that you get for killing the mobs like it was for ToT's prelude.
    Jaden and Xianthia like this.