UK Players - "Happily Ever Avatar" Documentary Casting

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Amnerys Member

UK television production company Back2Back Productions (www.back2back.tv) are currently working on a documentary that explores relationships between MMO players.

The film aims to challenge some of the preconceptions held about virtual gaming, portraying the MMO community in a positive light. The production team have already filmed extensively with couples that first met in universe, who have since gone on to form families in real life.

They are now looking to feature two players who have met in-game and are planning to meet IRL for the first time. At least one player would have to be a UK-resident and the meeting itself would also take place in the UK.

If this applies to you or someone you know and would like to contact the team, please email Ariel.Pintor@back2back.tv. All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
  2. Forged-Night Member

Forged of Antonia Bayle met his wife approximately 9 years ago playing eq2 on splitpaw server. Ness aka Loving was from the uk. Forged sent a plane ticket to her and the rest is history. It was a helluva quest from start to end and never a dull moment. Here is the thing, when you meet someone in this way there are no barriers.
  3. Lamium New Member

I would just like to let everyone know that myself (Lamium of Antonia Bayle Server) and Christine (Mazaska of Antonia Bayle Server) have been selected to become the final couple of this documentary! We have yet to meet in real life but it will be filmed and shown on this program.

The program is actually called "Avatar Love" and will be aired on Sky Living however I'm still not sure on the air date yet. We will be filming our meeting on the 6th of October in Inverness Airport, Scotland so anyone who plays EQII and has a Sky Subscription be sure to keep an eye out!

I'll be sure to update this thread when I have exact details on when the program will be aired :)

Kind Regards,
    Lamium of Antonia Bayle