UI XML file errors, zoning errors, buff errors

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by gambitak, Jul 18, 2022.

1. gambitak Well-Known Member

After last update, I've ran into several errors:
    • After playing for awhile, I get
      It then gives me a box to click, which I do and then it pops up 2-3 times per minute, or more. After this happens, I do not have any icons and cannot exit the game without a hard close;
    • Whenever my Conjurer zones, I get messages that I've been awarded "new" skills and abilities, from several levels ago. Also, it gives me messages about titles that I earned several levels ago. Today, I leveled from 55 to 56 and now it's cumulative, I receive dozens of messages every single time I zone.
    • My Construct disappears every time i zone.
    • All buffs disappear, even from potions or clickies, every time I zone.
    I've tried several things:
    • Removing the XML file that had problems, making sure it was read-write by everybody; creating a copy in .../Everquest II/cache/characters/Skyfire/[character_name] since it did not exist there. Removing it, and/or deleting it completely to redo the UI. No help;
    • Reinstalled AND verified the entire game, twice;
    • Copied the game from a known, good working environment (my GF's computer, who does not have any of these problems).
    • Reinstalled the OS, twice; tried 3 different versions of Linux (MX Linux 21.1, Void Linux, and Zorin OS Pro 16)
    My system:
    • Zorin OS Pro 16.1 (Ubuntu-based Linux)
    • NVIDIA Quadro M2200 4GB GDDR5 GPU (running proprietary NVIDIA drivers)
    • 32GB ECC RAM
    • 2TB Firecuda NVME game drive
    • Lutris 0.5.91 running 6.1-3 Wine found on the Lutris site.
    Before the latest update, I've never had a single problem. Now, it's almost unplayable. I'm hoping somebody has a solution, it would be nice to be able to play.

EDIT: I tried following DBG's recommendations, and I'm still running into the above issues, did not help.
  2. gambitak Well-Known Member

[SOLVED] Not sure how to change the discussion topic.

I contacted support and they almost immediately got back to me. Thank you!

It turns out that my AA tree was bugged and that I just had to choose a new one, recommit it and everything worked. -- Added for anyone else in the future that may run into this problem.

A big thank you to DGB support <3