ugg 10 hotbars are not enough

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by EQ_Jack, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Yenk Active Member

I wish for years more hotbars for many DB-cash. But nothing happens.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well my flip-able hot bar would be different it would be special as in it would give you at least 2 more bars to get the count up to 12 bars at least
    But I am not a programmer so I don't know what can be done.
    Yenk, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Redlight Well-Known Member

Funny how only casuals complain about this and never raiders.
    Soara2 and Snikkety like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

What does one's chosen play style have to do with requesting quality of life improvements?
    EQ_Jack, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

I play a great many number of classes regularly and my main has the most hotbar slots taken. I play a healer as a main, with elementalist and geomancer both on the bar. I also have all my maintained buffs on the bar, calls, mounts, familiars, and 20 or so different items, and my hotbars still aren't full. No other class comes close to filling up the bars. I'm not sure what you guys are doing to fill 120 slots of abilities that you regularly use.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, thats weird. I thought it do that on EQ. So thought it did the same here.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  7. Twisty Well-Known Member

pots, temp adorns, temp clickys, temp food, totems cause they stop auto-consume at worst time, scrolls, group rez bauble,deity spells, abilities from different spec so don't have to re-hotbar them, couple macros, couple tradeskill, couple familiar/mount swaps, couple encounter-specific item place holders so dont have to re-hotbar them.

i raid and i need to make some cuts from my full bars i'd rather not
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

I have most of those things as well, plus several alias macros that I use to set up the rest of my macros to work correctly depending on group setups. I have several charm swap macros, a catch-all macro to swap to my harvesting set with mount/familiar/gear, individual slots for transmute/adornment reclaim, planar weapon thing, salvage, potions for each individual cure type, 3 types of snacks, several totems, all useful tinkered items, painlinks, multiple types of tracking, mob specific item clickies (was pulling modrfrost...) Macros to swap hotbars between ascension classes, hell I have 3 or 4 macros that just have a bunch of text in them for jokes. So what am I still missing is the question...
    Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I play on Kalaim like already mentioned and I filled up over half of my spaces I have a level 97 I leveled up the hard way
    ( no power leveling and most of the time solo ) and her hotbars are almost all full , did not even get anywhere close to Kunark ascending I can only imagine the difficulty people have at endgame and who knows what they come out with the next expansion .
    at some point I took all my potions of the bars and ran around with one bag open .
    Cyrrena, Juraiya, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  10. Redlight Well-Known Member

That people love to put a bunch of useless stuff on hotbars, while 7 hotbars already is enough to be a top tier player.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. morderir Active Member

unless you are playing a beastlord, i disagree.
  12. Redlight Well-Known Member

If you hotbar every single ability in your knowledge book and every type of potion and poison, then I guess you are right. However, WHY would one do that? Is it a lack of learning about how your class or the game works? If you cast abilities without knowing what they do (not just reading the tooltip but knowing the efficiency and value of the ability), then I guess you think Manaburn is as good as Ethershadow Assassin.
    Soara2 and Snikkety like this.
  13. morderir Active Member

my sight say fury :) perhaps you need some glass. fury don't use poison. manaburn is an wizard aa not a fury (and by the way its completly out of context now). you should better stop guessing, your skill at guessing is too low mister i-know- all :). i have been playing eq2 since the beginning , i raid ( up to T3-T4) , i solo heal expert T2 and emma in kael and i think i have a little insight on how the game work ...
    you can have your opinion on the state of of the ui , but for good sake stop thinking you alone in knowing the Truth:eek:
    Soara2, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  14. Carynn Well-Known Member

I have nine filled out and I solo. Five of them are straight up spells/ascension/AA for my class. Two are all my buffs, because chronomentoring, mobs, and zoning bug debuffs me and I have to reapply often. One is travel related - three calls, mount, run speed totem, track, etc, and a few QoL macros. One is for the pots and tradeskill stuff. If I added more QoL things instead of pressing the EQ2 button or operating from my #6 bag, I can easily see filling up ten bars.

A lot of people create spell macros, thus removing the need for having their spells fill up so many bars; some don't have a debuff issue, enabling those spells not to be on any bar; and some people simply don't use all their spells for whatever reason. Other people are the opposite and like to have things spread out. Stating that people who have ten full hotbars are people who don't know how to play the class or how the game works is the same as saying: "because you don't eat bacon, you aren't human."

How you play the game is relevant to you. How others play the game is relevant to them. Insulting a play style is a dull way to get attention.
    Soara2, Juraiya, Breanna and 6 others like this.
  15. Melt Actually plays the game

While I agree with you mostly, it is class dependent. I regularly cast every single thing on my bars as Templar, except some until cancelled buffs that I don't care for. However on my brigand I only have 5 hotbars used lol, 6 on my SK, like 6 on my troub...
    Soara2, Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Redlight Well-Known Member

Insulting? I am stating facts. You don't need potions to cure yourself in your hotbars, just click the icon under your health bar.
    These threads are filled with a lack of basic game knowledge. Why would you also have 3 calls in your hotbar when there is fast travel? Lack of game knowledge! You can instantly port to home cities without calling home! I also am really stuck on how many clickies people seem to have in their hotbars. If you want to buff up prepull, there is no need to cast ancient clickies that don't much in the current endgame. It would be more efficient to be precasting your relevant temps and make sure you get the max out of those. Or do you have tanks that "Inc. in 30"? In which case temps already run out. What else do we have? Sure, evac totems, something actually useful, sure. How many relevant clickies like that are there? Thing is, you don't have to use all the garbage in your inventory and in your knowledge book. Take what's relevant and efficient to cast, there are so many abilities nowadays that using a bad ability COSTS you dps or outgoing heals. About half of the ascension abilities aren't even worth casting, why hotbar them? Grow up and don't come up with bad excuses.
    Soara2, Tkia and Rhodris like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

click what icon there is none under my health bar :confused: I have no idea what your talking about I don't have cures under my health baro_O .
    or am I playing the wrong game ?
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ftp do not have Fast Travel.

Also people learn as they play. They may have all their bars filled and then thin them out as they learn their class and refine their playstyle. But no matter what they do, its not for anybody to say its wrong or ignorant. Its wrong and/or ignorant to say that somebody else's playstyle is wrong because it is not your way.
    Soara2, Geroblue, Carynn and 4 others like this.
  19. Redlight Well-Known Member

Well, if you take your egg shaped bowling ball to the alley I guess people will look at you strangely too.
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

Beyond chuckling at the ridiculousness of the misplaced pride, my point is that the overwhelming majority of players don't raid. Of those that do raid, most do other things, too. So, useless to someone who raids doesn't mean useless to all the rest of the players. The game doesn't only cater to raiders. There are many play styles and their wants/needs are just as valid as those that raid.
    Soara2, Breanna, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.