ugg 10 hotbars are not enough

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by EQ_Jack, Oct 3, 2019.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

How are people managing with only 10 hot bars. When ascension classes add so many additional icons to the grid? Can we have more than 10 bars?
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Twisty Well-Known Member

not great. have to cut down to ascencions only from the one you're currently "on". have to be judicious with which macros to keep. far from ideal situation overall. they've pretty much straight-talked that their nuts are in a drawer for this one and we won't have more than 10 because technology. and aliens.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

This comes up frequently. Answer from the devs is no. Darqui has two additional spellbars that can serve as additional hotbars. For me, I chose to eliminate some convenience items from my bars, and arrange my spell book so certain spells I took off were easy to access on opening the book. I'd rather have the option, but it does work.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

When 10 hotbars are not enough to play a game, something went horribly, horribly wrong along the way.
  5. Jinxd New Member

10??? They do need to do something then. How do you see the screen in order to play.
    Soara2, Tkia and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

With today's large screens, it's pretty easy.
    Hiza, Snikkety, Soara2 and 6 others like this.
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yup. I have 10 hotbars on my screen. They're all at minimum size with no padding or outlines, and I can fit five across, two deep, at the very bottom of my screen. The amount of screen space they take up is negligible.

And the OP is right - with ascensions, it gets to be a nightmare. I REALLY wish there were an option you could toggle to tell the game to NOT automatically populate the hotbar. I don't like it when I get a new fluff pet, and it populates a space automatically. I would rather CHOOSE what gets put on there, by sorting through my knowledge book. Even some of the Ascension stuff is kind of fluff, and I'd rather not have it on my hotbar.

What would be better is if they had specific Ascension spell bars, which auto-populated or something when you switched your ascension class, or that you could pull-down to select the specific class you were on. If they're going to force us to use ascensions going onward in order to stay competitive, those ought to make life better for us, not more aggravating.
    Hiza, Soara2, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  8. Obano Well-Known Member

Invisible hot bars that can only be seen when I mouse over them. I only have 5 visible hot bars. The rest are invisible. Use the mouse over opacity setting to make invisible hot bats. Set regular opacity to zero.
  9. morderir Active Member

as i already suggested a few time , they should implement the same hotbar system as EQ1 ( where each "hotbar" have his own pool of hotbar )
    Soara2, Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I play on a laptop and it's not a big screen , and I have 10 hot bars up at 40 or I would need a magnifying glass to see them
    and I have to say the way I arranged them I could put up at least 2 more 4 if I have to.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Xevran Well-Known Member

Exactly this. Every time I think about coming back I remember ascensions exist and my time is better spent elsewhere. Some classes were already almost filling up all 10 hotbars BEFORE they added ascensions.

I mean TLE exists but that's a whole different can of worms that doesn't belong in this thread.
  12. EQ_Jack Active Member

I do agree that needing 10 + hot bars is an issues in itself :). but it is what EQ and EQ2 does. AND like many that posted here, I have the real estate space on screen to support more than 10. I run two 4k monitors as example

For why it takes 10 hot bars of buttons, some classes have many many abilities and skills. My Mystic for example has an unbelievable amount of skills, buffs, rez's and other utilities. Then I add in buttons for macros, emotes, mounts, teleports, crafting and many other things I can do and 10 is not enough. Then we throw ascension onto the pile. uggg.

So as status, I stood in my home city most of last night trying to figure out how to narrow it down. as of now, I have something but I'm not happy with it. I'm even considering trying to do load outs(save keys/maps load keys/maps).

So as a request to the developers... It would be really nice to be able to do any # of hot bars. If its a code change and its Object oriented I'd think it would be about 10 lines of code to add in 1-to-n # of hot bar support.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

maybe have one hotbar you can flip over to reveal another as in you got 10 hotbars you can see but really 11 or more because you can flip through one like through a notebook., seen that in EQ1 and in other games .

Or like a beastlord or a channeler has a special hotbar just for the pet , maybe make one for our ascension classes , so what ever ascension class you want to use will pop up it's own hotbar .
    Breanna, Soara2, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

/savehotkeys<file name> which saves your current hotkey setup to a text file so that you can load it again.

/loadhotkeys<file name> which loads the hotkey setup file you specify.

Make multiple setups for perhaps crafting, roleplaying, etc and save them and then you can load those when you need them and free up those slots when you don't need them.

This is from the wiki doing a google search EQ2 slash commands and scrolling down to User Interface and Windows, here is the link:

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Slash_Commands
    Rienna, Breanna, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I had no idea you could do that! Looks like I'm going to have to spend a day at some point going through all my level 110 characters, to save their hotbars with their different ascension classes. Thank you for pointing this out!
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

You can also right click each Hotspot line and edit, activate the spinner. 10 parts on each level.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  17. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Those are the same hotbars. If you spin hotbar 1, it goes to hotbar 2 or 10, etc.. You're not getting 10 hotbars per hotbar, which is what I think you're thinking happens.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  18. EQ_Jack Active Member

yup I alluded to that idea in my post "I'm even considering trying to do load outs(save keys/maps load keys/maps" yet I'd rather be able to create more than 10 hot bars because its just easier for me to not have to swap. I'm hoping the Dev team is listening to us. seems an easy request to meet.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

Since they've repeatedly said it's not going to happen, I'm going to guess it's not that easy of a request.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  20. Soara2 Well-Known Member

If you put all the level 10 Ascension buffs on a macro, single target nukes, etc then each hotkey will cast no matter which Ascension you are in and save hotkeys
    Cyrrena, Snikkety, Katz and 4 others like this.