Uber Summoner DPS

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vogie, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Ok Ratitz why would you put post up of parses with a hammer on when 99% of the summoner population don't have the reset or Ferv increase to skew a parse results , what you have on changes the spell rotation and damage , it makes 2 tiers of dps pls don't gob off on the forums for all summoners when you post stuff effected by the proc. The output of our class defining ability has been smashed with a sledge hammer.
  2. Exarthious Member

Ratitz has no hammer
  3. Genghes Active Member

Ratitz....wal mart..... Ill loan you $5 go get you a hammer ;-)
    Ratitz and Azian like this.
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

well his original post stuff dps charts were way out of what they should be for summoner dps break down unda was never the top dps pre nerf so some thing was wildly out.
  5. Veta Well-Known Member

You didn't even acknowledge how it outperformed all your swarms combined, only slightly though. tsk tsk. It is sad to see how badly communion is underperforming. As I stated before, pre-swarm boost and pre-hammer, the aery assassination portion of communion was almost always a top 3 performing ability, easily. Now, combined, it can't even break top 5.
    Ratitz likes this.
  6. Exarthious Member

see what i don't understand is swarm pets are worse now then pre buffs so that means that we where at a decent state they buffed us we got good then they nurf us to worse then we where before
  7. Glojo New Member

Maybe you've not seen Veta's guild tag?
    Ratitz likes this.
  8. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Pre buff the swarms never had fervor which ment as the game moved forward summoners swarms would fall behind dps wise as every other class was gaining fervor but our swarms weren't . Yeah we are worse of dps wise then before not sure if the new stat thing they have done scales as things go on.
  9. Arieva Well-Known Member

I don't have logs old enough to check, are we better off than before the May 10 fix? How does the swarms fall in relation to other abilities now versus then. I find it hard to believe that even in the current state of things we're worse off than we were at the beginning of the year, with the exception of non end game summoners. Unfortunately due to a hard drive failure I have no way to verify it.
    The base damage decrease on all swarms should be reversed on all prior tiers of swarms to help the lower tier summoners without the wildly inflated stats on fervor and potency compensate. Perhaps returning the current tiers swarms to their previous base damage would help bring the swarms back to what they were, a class defining ability worth prioritizing in a rotation over a spell that's our filler that we can hit every few seconds (Fiery Annhilation).

In no way shape or form should parses including hammer wielding summoners be used to balance the abilities.
  10. Ratitz Active Member

If only it were that simple.
  11. Ratitz Active Member

No. It's worse than back then.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

Using a training dummy for testing Communion is nonsens: A traing dummy is killed before Communion ends, so you get only a small amount of the damage in your parses (Swarmpets and dots are ending whenever the immortal training dummy dies)

The ony way for a usefull dummytest would be a dummy with 100x hitpoints of the actual epic dummy :eek:

Some effects (like conj Seed of Fire) are producing wrong triggers too. But most times it works correct (eg 40x hits of elemental blast) communion somtimes ends too early (not lasting 8 seconds)
  13. Easiette Member

rightclick the dummy->make immortal

edit: misread, i didnt know dumbfires ended, that is a problem indeed :D
    Beee likes this.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

Even with tons of logfiles you can not compare. With GU100 our stats exploded.

Has anybody thought 3 months ago about DPS using 25k potency, 3k CB and 70 or maybe (with additional hammer) 170 Fervor?
  15. Veta Well-Known Member

I am not 100% sure what your issue is. Are you using an epicx4 dummy? I tested this just to make sure and I used undead horde (12sec duration) + blighted horde (12 sec duration cause class cloak) + awakening grave (6 sec duration) + rotflesh (6 sec duration) and went through 14 complete heal cycles (in 13 seconds), none stopped early. During the test I also had a hammer reset and used spellbind, which helped push cycles.

I tested on a solo dummy. My outgoing damage was so high that it was constantly complete healing, making it look like nothing is happening. The same happened with the heroic dummy. Used only rotflesh for testing.

Edit: I see the issue on the solo dummies. If the hit kills it, it doesn't register the multi attack hit during the death prevent. However, I am not seeing this on epic dummies.
  16. Ashandra Well-Known Member

A good blord would be laughing at you now before we gave them a run for there money now meh last link I was given post nerf blord with the hammer was double 2 summoners with a hammer/staff.
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

Seems Thurgadin has problems with logfiles too, so maybe it was a temporary server feature o_O

Actual I have fights without logentires for reset or expertise rune (but got the doublecast message), but immortal X4 training dummy works correct with communion,
    A few hours ago communion stopped working wen the dummy got healed, but I had the expertise trigger ;)
  18. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I forgot to add the new top mage dps post nerf is an illy with a cloak and a good mimicry target.
  19. Forghost New Member

Quite short reply - I informed my raidguild that I will stop raiding. Analysing the act I realised that dumbfires are no longer worth to be casted. Good work daybreak - perhaps you can soon merge even more servers^^
    Beee likes this.
  20. Veta Well-Known Member

I thought about asking to main change, but I've had this char as my main since 07. My 16 fervor belt, class cloak, eth charm, collection charm, eth ear, zek Wep of war ear, eth neck, and eth wrist are all not tradeable/usable on a different class. I'd also have to redo ToT questline for the ring and collections for rewards. I have not raided since Monday. If it really is brutal, I may as well just stop playing.
    Yoube and Beee like this.