UB2020 Signups (Swap Runs Aug 1st - Sept 30th)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cora, May 23, 2020.

1. Cora Active Member

As you may know, my name is Noira and I am... different. I absolutely love seeing all the gorgeous homes in our house swaps, but I feel that we're missing an opportunity here. Thus, we arrive at the theme of my very first house swap as an overseer: Give me your trolls, your ogres, your huddled swamp rats, yearning to be appreciated -- Ugly is beautiful, too!

THE DETAILS:
    Theme: UB2020 (Ugly/Beautiful 2020)
    Sign-up deadline: Midnight PDT on July 30th. (as the day begins)
    Decorating time starts: Midnight PDT on August 1st (as the day begins)
    Decorating time ends: 11:59 pm PDT on September 30th (as the day ends)
    When can I look at my house?: 1 am PDT on October 1st (to make sure that all houses are ready).

How do I sign up?
    Send an email to corablackwind@gmail.com hellsangel459335@msn.com with the following information:
    • Email subject: UB2020 - Server Name (examples: UB2020 - Antonia Bayle /or/ UB2020 - HoF and Test, etc.)
    • Email body:
      • Server Name(s):
      • Homeowner Name(s):
      • Home Type and Address or Location, if Prestige: (examples: Mistmoore Crags, Freeport or 3 Bayle Court, Qeynos Capitol District)
      • Theme Requested: (examples: troll nightclub, froglok swamp garden, decorator's choice, etc.)
      • House Size Preference:
        • Note: We will do our best to accommodate size preferences and will match size for size whenever possible. If you are new to swaps, please let us know and we will try to accommodate your size request first. We're working on the honor system here so, if you're a swap vet, please don't take advantage or I'll feed you to my ogress.*winks*
      • Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with:

How should I set up my house for the swap?
    • Change the name of your home to UB2020 (do not include your name or other details at this time; you can add details to the name after the swap takes place before publishing -- examples: UB2020 Swamp Thing by Uberdeco, UB2020 Trollolololol by Trolldec, etc.)
    • Make sure that your rent is paid up through October 1st (you may place up to four Treasure Hoards from the Loyalty Merchant to reduce your rent to 0, if desired).
    • Add a Magic Door to the Guild Hall to your house.
    • Add the following as Trustee to your home (my alts on various servers):
      • Antonia Bayle: Devilkiss
      • Halls of Fate: Devilkiss
      • Maj'Dul: Devilkiss
      • Skyfire: Devilkiss
      • Rivervale: Devilkiss
      • Kaladim: Devilkiss
    • Optional: House actor, notebook to decorator, expanders
    What the heck am I supposed to do with this house? I don't like ugly stuff!
    First off, rude! *grins* This swap is meant to be a challenge to folks who usually think in terms of marble palaces and silk linens and mahogany umbrella stands. There are so many scruffy, rusty, and dingy corners of Norrath that are overlooked in favor of its more breathtaking expanses. Let's shine a spotlight on what is considered beautiful from another perspective. Sure, the sink leaks, maybe the corners of that table don't line up just right, and, well, there's no telling how that bed is even still holding together, but it's home sweet home to someone, right? Source some forgotten Freeport wooden tables, cobble together some rustic chairs, sweep the gnome bones under the rug, and get to decorating! Inspiration is all around you!

Okay, so you're crazy and I'm not entrusting my house to someone who is going to festoon the walls in ash furniture and firefly lanterns, but I'm willing to lend a hand to decorators on my server. How do I do that?
    Crazy is as crazy does (and no one does crazy better than me!) Drop me a line at corablackwind@gmail.com and I'll add you to the helpers list. (And thank you for volunteering to help!)

Why are you posting this now?! We're still doing one swap and another one is coming up in a few days! Are you nuts?
    Yes, yes I am. I'm also very Type A when it comes to scheduling things (it's both a gift and a curse, I can assure you). There's an overlap with SEHS to give the early finishers something to do while they're waiting for their amazing SEHS houses, and we're cutting it short to make sure that everyone is relaxed and ready to go when Nights of the Dead rolls around (It's the most wonderful time of the year ).

Hey! You didn't list my server! What's up with that? You prejudiced or something?
    Nope, I just don't have a toon on that server (yet). If we get two or more people on a server that is not listed, I'll roll up a newbie and add it to the list.

I have a question that isn't listed here/a complaint about you and your mom/offerings of eternal gratitude, shinies, and lots of platinum -- where do I send it?

(From Noira -- Again, a huge thanks to Devilkiss for stepping up and running this event for me. I owe you. Big time. Like, shinies and stuff. <3 )
  2. draidean Well-Known Member

This sounds amazing dangit Noira you are reeling me back in!! =P
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Breanna and Cora like this.
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

Dang it. I wasn't planning to do another, but this sounds awesome! I'm going to have to pick an alt to do this on.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Added to Stickie :)
    Cora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. kloree Member

Hmmm guess I'm entering this one as well
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Breanna and Cora like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For those who "don't like ugly! :p" consider: the Gnomes also think of themselves as creations of Brell, and if your home looks like the inside of a cave, with crystals and various rocks everywhere, that has its own beauty, right? They can't all be about just gears and levers and such. ;->

Uwk
    Cora and Breanna like this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I have the perfect house for this!
    Cora, Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think I might, too... ;->

Uwk
    Cora and Breanna like this.
  9. Misstake Well-Known Member

I am so excited. I am doing a house on MD and have already sent in the info but can help on any other server except IoR. So if anyone needs anything just find me on and I can always camp over and help.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cora like this.
  10. Cora Active Member

Hey, y'all, I've got some bad news and I feel lower than the dirt under an ogre's toenails about the whole thing. Due to (non-'Rona) illness, I have to back out of organizing this event. I kept saying to myself, "Self, your gonna get it together and it's going to be amazing!" (/em points to Morgan Freeman, who says, "She did not get it together. It was not, in fact, amazing at all.")

When I can finally get myself back online, I will present myself for wet noodle lashes and the rotten jumjum gauntlet. Saying sorry is just not enough, but it's all I've got.

If anyone would like to step in as Grand Poobah of this shindig, I can forward the info that I've received so far (assuming no one that has submitted info has a problem with that, of course). If you're willing to wrangle these fine and lovely cats, drop me an email at corablackwind@gmail.com.

Stupid Bertox and his lousy sense of timing...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Misstake Well-Known Member

Hey I totally do not mind stepping in and being the Grand Poobah. I think it would be easy enough as all the people just need to add Devilkiss as a trustee. I am sending you an Email now.

And I am so sorry you are not feeling good. That is never fun. Take care of yourself and get to feeling better.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ocarinah like this.
  12. Cora Active Member

The often-imitated, never duplicated Devilkiss has graciously offered to step in and run this warg and pony show, and I have gratefully accepted, so bring on the ugly!

I'm going to update the header post to reflect her contact info, etc. after she posts a follow-up here with what she wants/needs from you. If you have already signed up and do NOT want me to forward your info, please let me know ASAP (but she is super-reliable and smarter than the average owlbear, so you'll be in capable hands).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ocarinah like this.
  13. Misstake Well-Known Member

Just need the same info in an email or in-game mail. And then add Devilkiss as a trustee. If you are participating on IoR or Thurgadin let me know as I will need to create a toon there.
  14. Misstake Well-Known Member

THE DETAILS:
    Theme: UB2020 (Ugly/Beautiful 2020)
    Sign-up deadline: Midnight PDT on July 30th. (as the day begins)
    Decorating time starts: Midnight PDT on August 1st (as the day begins)
    Decorating time ends: 11:59 pm PDT on September 30th (as the day ends)
    When can I look at my house?: 1 am PDT on October 1st (to make sure that all houses are ready).

How do I sign up?
    Send an email to hellsangel459335@msn.com with the following information:
    • Email subject: UB2020 - Server Name (examples: UB2020 - Antonia Bayle /or/ UB2020 - HoF and Test, etc.)
    • Email body:
      • Server Name(s):
      • Homeowner Name(s):
      • Home Type and Address or Location, if Prestige: (examples: Mistmoore Crags, Freeport or 3 Bayle Court, Qeynos Capitol District)
      • Theme Requested: (examples: troll nightclub, froglok swamp garden, decorator's choice, etc.)
      • House Size Preference:
        • Note: We will do our best to accommodate size preferences and will match size for size whenever possible. If you are new to swaps, please let us know and we will try to accommodate your size request first. We're working on the honor system here so, if you're a swap vet, please don't take advantage or I'll feed you to my ogress.*winks*
      • Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with:
    How should I set up my house for the swap?
    • Change the name of your home to UB2020 (do not include your name or other details at this time; you can add details to the name after the swap takes place before publishing -- examples: UB2020 Swamp Thing by Uberdeco, UB2020 Trollolololol by Trolldec, etc.)
    • Make sure that your rent is paid up through October 1st (you may place up to four Treasure Hoards from the Loyalty Merchant to reduce your rent to 0, if desired).
    • Add a Magic Door to the Guild Hall to your house.
    • Add the following as Trustee to your home (my alts on various servers):
      • Antonia Bayle: Devilkiss
      • Halls of Fate: Devilkiss
      • Maj'Dul: Devilkiss
      • Skyfire: Devilkiss
      • Rivervale: Devilkiss
      • Kaladim: Devilkiss
    • Optional: House actor, notebook to decorator, expanders
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Updated the link for email on stickied thread. Thanks for taking this over for Cora! Hope you feel better soon Cora! I know how you feel. I had to have someone finish event for me once.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen to that get-well wish! I'm just glad it isn't "[our-our-our-our] Corona"... :-/

Uwk
    in Scaryville, aka Cali ("Hey, at least it isn't Florida...") fornia :-/
    (where we don't get hurricanes, just earthquakes ;->)
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Misstake Well-Known Member

I sincerely apologize but right now there is not enough participants to run this swap. I will try to keep seeing if I can get more participants and then update everyone on when/if we have enough.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My original submission was for Thurgadin; do you have anyone there? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Misstake Well-Known Member

There was only 4 participants on all different servers.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Odd; could've sworn I'd sent in my info...I did write it up, but I guess I hadn't actually sent it yet? I'll double-check...at any rate, yeah, would definitely need more folks for an event. :-/

Too bad; it was an interesting idea. :)

EDIT: Yep, I'd sent an email to the original addy, for Cora (and Forwarded it along); guess I was the only entry from Thurgadin (Quiarrah was at another server for this one ;->).

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.