Typing a Slash (/) No Longer Automatically Puts Cursor in Chat Box

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It used to be that if you started a slash command by typing a slash (/), the chat box got focus and the slash appeared there, so that you could just type /camp desktop (or whatever) and have the command execute.

Now you first have to click into a chat box to get focus before you type a slash command.

This is not a good change.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Arcos like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

It still works for me. Have you tried restarting, clearing your cache, or validating files?
    Tkia, Breanna, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yep.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Still working just fine for me. You may need to re-install.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

working fine for me too
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

And me. I've been /camp ing to other characters all night with no issues.
    Dude likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Found it. Options >> Controls >> Chat Keys >> Begin Command somehow had gotten cleared. I don't know how, since I have not messed with Options in a week or three. But it's back to how it should be now.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Aand... The F10 window toggle had gotten remapped to "c". Weird, weird, weird.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I have to fix something in my options daily. Yesterday it was my auto loot setting which got switched to my "low level fertilizer and shiny farm" mode instead of my "there might be a mount or a rune I can give away or auction" mode. Now I have two Hivewatcher mounts. My UI disappears weekly.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Check to see which keymap is selected in keyboard layouts.

I logged in the other day and mine had been switched to "other" which has all sorts of weird keys mapped.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.