Two-Handed Zerkers

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-tiocfaidharla, Mar 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

[p]The reason why it is so much better 'goof ball' isn't directly because of the DR, it's because of the proc (+Double attack, the +crit chance, the encounter DD, encounter DoT) and the MASSIVE max damage (which crits are based on).[/p][p][IMG][/p][p]Take away the proc and it's still an amazing weapon, but with the proc it just plain godlike.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

aye i agree the proc is godley but 2 handers still dont scale the way they should.
  3. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

[p]I agree that there is a scaling issue with 2H weapons, but it's only by a few %, nothing amazing (remember that a lot of the high end 2H weapons have pretty good DPS procs too ). The only reason why it's a BIG issue (not marginal) is because of the DPS using a 1H with 76% chance of double attack. Imagine if the chance was say 50% - would we have the same issue?[/p][p]The main problem with 2H DPS is because it's compared to the fantastic DPS potential of the STA line![/p][p]EDIT: As I have a brawler too, there is a problem between DW and 2H, but that's mainly down to the real lack of decent brawler 2H weapons (+stats and procs, not really DR). The only really decent 2H comes from a contested mob and is a rare drop at that. Do scouts find that 1H is nearly on par with DW (leaving aside using 1H/shield for AA reasons)?[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/characters/character_profile.vm?characterId=362760108
  5. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

Thats pretty much your main problem right there, take away the sta line and everything becomes equal. warrior w/ dual wields could equal or eclipse a 2hander, or they could trade off depending on procs and adorns, but 1h will always fall behind in terms of dps. Add in sta line and your basic shadowaxe/viculade sword will easily outparse 2h of the same tier, raelkos, pride's edge(i'm not too up on 2h's) or higher tiers. add to that, that double attack doesn't have diminishing returns , like dps/haste and you effectively have made the sta line even more viable. i mean 20% crit is not equal to 20% double attack, but both alone are sure as heck greater than, point for point, than 20% dps or 20% haste, heck, probably even combined. It's the way the aa's are work and as many have suggested, if 2h is to be any sort of viable, redo the crappy wisdom line, that has been made defunct now because of the LU. the combat update has made wis line less than desirable for most any warrior. Some may use it , but heck crits are more worthwhile.
  6. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Crikey, there is a brawler on butcherblock with nearly the same name as you! ;-) Looking at brawlers for a sec, the best DPS weapon is Vraksakins Claw Club. The DR is only 100 odd, but the crits can reach 5k. It would be interesting to see if a 2H DPS specced berserker would out DPS a DPS specced Monk using the same weapon.
  7. ARCHIVED-UNTILitSLEEPS Guest

[p]so this is all about sta vs. 2hand[/p][p]is there some similar thread about DW ?[/p][p]shouldnt a zerker with 2 good dw weapons outparse a 2h zerker?[/p][p] [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

No there are no threads about Raiding Berserkers that dual wield, I personally don't know any serious raiding Berserkers that dual wield. YOu asked if a person with 2 fabled dual wield could out parse someone with a fabled 2 hander. THe answer is no because minus the GDH I don't know of any other dual wield that have a slow delay on them so anyone with a good 2 hander with a slow delay is going to out parse someone dual wielding
  9. ARCHIVED-UNTILitSLEEPS Guest

the segmented rumbler /earth rumbler drops some 65,4rating - 4sec delay DW
  10. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

and? its obviously a scout weapon, not sure why any zerker would try and take it away from one