Two-handed weapons?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Scyrak, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Scyrak Guest

Hi there
    first of all... sorry for my bad english. i'll try my best
    i'm a newcomer to eq2 (got the account from my older brother) and playing a berserker at level 54 right now. 2handed weapons are my favorite choice for melee-classes in all roleplayinggames i've ever played. so i decided to wear a 2h sword on my berserker. lots of friends told me to use 2x 1h weapons for better damage-output... i could be wrong but... it "feels" like there is much more damage coming around with 2x 1h's. (all of them are level 50 crafted)
    simple question: is there any chance to be as "good" as a dualwield-berserker if i want to use a 2handed weapon instead of 2x 1h?
    thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

At lvl90 2 handers get more viable when you get 100% AE auto attack, mainly for AE fights though. But even then you need good 2H, and 1H's are much more common and easier to get than good lvl90 2H.
  3. ARCHIVED-Scyrak Guest

sounds like 2handers are better for AE fights and dualwielding is better for singletarget-dps. is that correct?
  4. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Theres a 2hndr from Rhoen Theer 4 rune that is pretty ****, but imo you're probably better off going with DW that both have differing encounter based procs for ae fights and dw with larger single target procs for st fights. Don't remember the 2hndr's name but it's on zam.
  5. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

You don't need a sicko 2H like the 2 from Theer, but at lvl90 2H with about 170 damage rating is quite handy in AE situations. Depending on your playstyle/luck, you probably get one. Icy Keep has decent 2H, and it's very easy zone, atleast up to that boss.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

The x2 has the nicest 2h you can get outside of 4 rune RT and Vaclaz drop sword (at least that we know of right now). It is a great wep and have seen some nice parses from AE fights of a Zerk using it. Not sure how it compares though from having a couple nice 4.0s that have Pestilence and Torrent on them.
  7. ARCHIVED-Scyrak Guest

well... looks like there's no real good reason except AE-situations to use a 2handed weapon... that's just sad :(
  8. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Jorgen@Innovation wrote:
    Hasn't been for a long time now.