Twitch Stream: Weds, Feb 18 @ 3PM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noneyah New Member

also, my main toon Dahlusional is an illy. forgot i was signed under my warlock and yes im on AB server. i just moved there about a month or so ago. i came over from Permafrost which that used to be an active server. Thus, I dont want keep spending money moving from server to server either. all you got to do is create a level 1 character and pop on all the dif servers and read chat and talk to people and i run into the same problem seeing the same things being said.
  2. Noneyah New Member

i personally never had issues with petitions not being answered. but if stuff that involves someting being brokent then thats a completly different thing. most of my petitions are small compared to that. I just pointed out what others said in previous posts. I asked is it true about the staff being short handed and slow. I never said they actually were.
    Gramma likes this.
  3. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Any job openings?
  4. Terrius Well-Known Member

I have a question,

I am concerned as to what will happen with the EQ2 and EQ Guide programs now that Ashlanne is gone, is there going to be a new SOE representative in charge of the program?

I very much enjoy the Guide events that I attend when I see them and would be very, very disappointed if all the hard work and time spent by those guides was to abruptly end.
  5. Azari.Lite New Member

I play EQ2 and Landmark and watch the forums and Landmark Live.
    From all I can see it is full seam ahead, so your answer is Yes!
    And from my perspective those two games are going to have the chance to see their full potential as is EverQuest 2.

I had a vision of Landmark making product for all of the SOE games especially EverQuest2 which was always a possibility in the background that the devs kept quiet about, because SOE did not have the R and D to pull it off. My hope is that DayBreak has the extra R and D to pull this rabbit out of the hat and make the magic happen, If they can do that EverQuest 2 and all of the now DayBreak games will prosper because of it and Landmark will be the builders dream land.

Cheers! Azari
  6. brokenshieldd Active Member

7. Margaritas Active Member

Can you give us some insight or a preview to items being added to the Ferrin merchant? Will it be similar to the Etyma merchant that sells the rare drops?

No SoE live this year... is Daybreak Live never going to happen or just postponed?
  8. Rawl Well-Known Member

Comment/Recommendation regarding instance type naming.

With the AoM expansion, there is quite a difference in difficulty level between the "Solo", "Advanced Solo", etc. From my experience, the "Solo" missions can be completed with the help of a Merc, but not without a Merc. The "Advanced Solo" missions, at least for the classes I've attempted them with, are not possible with the aid of a Merc, but can be completed with the help of another player character provided the added player character is of a complementary class to the one you are playing.

My recommendation is to rename those to reflect more accurately the requirement(s) for successfully completing the mission(s)/zones without repeatedly dying in the attempts.

Solo isn't an appropriate designation because under no circumstance could one complete these zones/mission without the help of a merc. A merc is required. (You can't group with another player to complete a "solo" mission/zone, but you can group with a merc.) I suggest a designation of something like "1 plus Merc" Mission/Zone.

Advanced Solo use to mean you could complete the mission/zone with the help of a merc, but with AoM, that is no longer true, therefore I believe it would be more accurately named, 2 player person group. (you can't use mercs when you are grouped in these zones with another player character. I suggest a designation of something like "1 plus 1 Player" Mission/Zone.

Obviously the Heroic Missions/zones require a group to complete, and the Raid Missions/zones require a raid force to complete so I don't see a need to redesignate those mission/zones identifiers.
  9. Azari.Lite New Member

QUESTIONS:
    1) Player house Fuel Depot is to small at only 50 items. Please set it at 100 so you have room to grow. The Fuel Depot is set at 50 and is useless to a player with 6+ crafters (and many of us have more) It was too small before you added level 100 fuel and now my chars are all packing extra fuel around that won't fit in the box. Please set it at 100 so you have room to grow.

2) We have all this outdated currency that is of no use sense by the time we get enough of it we have out leveled what it will make. Possible fix for this:
    A currency vender that can change any currency that we have worked hard for into any other currency to buy other sruff with for our alts or what ever.
    Or do you guys have a better solution?
    Azari
    Naramsin and suka like this.
  10. Azari.Lite New Member

QUESTION:
    I am have always thought that you guys put the player made dungeons in EQ2 to test them for use in Landmark. That has not happened in Landmark as yet which confuses me. I was sure of it. I see no other reason for putting them in and getting them going so well and we were loving them, then breaking them and leaving them broken for over a year then as soon as we like them again breaking them a second time and leaving them in that condition.. I am storing my decorating supplies in several of them right now. I also use them to meet with some one as a fast transfer point that does not interrupt a players questing and They could be so much more.

Are you going to ever un-break the player made dungeons, so we can love them again?
    suka likes this.
  11. ZUES Well-Known Member

QUESTIONS

1. Does Daybreak have any intentions on scaling back on PC games and putting more focus on console gaming?

2. Can you please discuss how this SOE buyout has had an effect (if any) on the production of EQN? Secondly, will veteran EverQuest players have Alpha access to EverQuest Next?

3. In AOD we were introduced to normal, heroic and raid researchers. Currently all recipes go through the normal research assistants. Any plans to see a return of the heroic and raid researchers in the future?

4. Were you guys aware of the common tradeskill workstations taking players components on high tier combines? Any plans to see a fix on this in the near future? Or at a minimum make them house only items so guild members wont unknowingly lose their components for grandmasters and special combines?

5. And the most important....will we ever get a chance to raid Lord Nagafen? Please say yes. That's on my bucket list for EQ2.

6. Any plans on adding a Guild Transfer Token to the Marketplace in the near future? How about one token that moves every character on one server to another server? Please?

7. Marketplace houses. Will there ever be an option to use them as guild halls?

8. Pocket Chronomancer please?
    Gramma likes this.
  12. Spritza New Member

This is a big deal for the classes affected, especially considering what a gigantic chunk of their dps currently comes from poisons. It wouldn't be such a big deal if poisons were doing a small portion of their dps or if they were significantly more affordable, but the current reliance on such expensive poisons isn't right.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

wish we had a pocket writ giver so we could simply click it and get writs
  14. Frills New Member

I was wondering, as a question, if there are more fluff items, illusions in particular, planned for a late introduction into Altar of Malice?

The expansion gave us several new races, an EQ2 visualization of a much older race, and much better lizardmen than we've ever had. There is plenty of fuel for illusions such as the Hominids, Pygmy, Allu'Thoa, and/or Shissar.

It may sound like just random fluff, but it's traditional fluff that every expansion offered, up until this one. And it made it feel a little empty where something familiar used to be.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

it takes all kinds of playstyles and nothing wrong with grouping. i just don't want to see all servers merged for a lot of reasons, among them that i want to be on a low populated server. if they chose three or four servers for those who want to be on a big server to migrate to for free and allow the rest of us to choose to be on lower populated servers, that would be great. but i don't want to be pushed onto a more populated server just because some people want server merges and want to be more populated. it should be about everyone, not just some of the people. there are quite a few who have expressed in the forums before that they don't want to see server merges
    Griff likes this.
  16. Faeonara Well-Known Member

:( is all I can say ...nothing of substance was addressed in my estimation ...that being said I love the game and can only hope it continues ,
  17. Naneeje Well-Known Member

All the important questions seem to have got some attention,
    only 2 that I see that were not addressed were...

1. Advertising, will there be any plans to bring new players, or old players back to the game?

2. Dungeon makers, but I am not sure what they want. They still work, but no reason to do them except pride, but not sure.

Great job team, thanks!
  18. ZUES Well-Known Member

What was the point of that stream? I'm still scratching my head.
  19. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Answered all my question save for specifics on custom UI's impacting performance so I'm pretty happy with it all.

Obviously they aren't going to answer questions they have already answered elsewhere or whose answer hasn't changed, so not sure why people are surprised.

and lol @ the constant advertising nonsense. Do you all have friends that only play games that advertise or something? I wouldn't want to play with people who are easily swayed by advertising anyway.
  20. Losadunai Active Member

Condescending? wow... didn't read it that way at all

Sure, the 1 billion questions asked here were not addressed - and no timelines or clear plans were revealed - but they did at least confirm and deny a couple of things so we know they are still working off of a Plan. (Yes cross server is coming, they are working on char file size. No servers won't be merged for now. No, eq style progression servers are not in the plans just yet. Yes there is something new and exciting they are working on but they can't spill the beans yet, but it = new expansion.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.