Twitch Stream: Weds, Feb 18 @ 3PM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Hello all,

The team will be hosting a Twitch stream on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 3PM PST*. This stream will be hosted on www.twitch.tv/everquest2.

As mentioned in Windstalker's letter to the EQ2 community here, we'll be using this stream as a time to talk directly with YOU the players. As we prepare for this stream, please feel free to share any questions and topics you'd like to hear discussed as replies to this thread. We'll get to as many of these as possible during the stream.

We'll also have a replay of this stream available on the EverQuest 2 YouTube channel.

We look forward to chatting with everyone who is available to join us for this EverQuest 2 stream!

*Convert to your local time
  2. Stylish Active Member

I would love to hear about the direction in mind for PvP.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I have a few questions.

First, are Player made dungeons going to stay around? with xp and dungeon marks removed, there aren't many people running them, but the decorating communities rely on them for housing item storage. I've paid for this ability and don't want to see it taken away.

Second, What are the plans for EQNEXT and Landmark? Will development of these titles continue?

What are the plans for Everquest and Everquest2? Many people are afraid of the games not being developed further and of bigger delays in customer service with all the cut backs. I know I had a dungeon bug out on me and petitioned it over 2 months ago on another account. I was told to watch the update notes for when it was fixed and have yet to see Miragule's Phylactory mentioned once since then, so I am still waiting to finish my quest. Sometimes it's days before hearing back on a petition, and even then, responses are usually along the line of "There is nothing wrong with the game, so it's your fault". Things like beastlord pets having to be recast every time you zone because they are gone, along with some deity pets as well.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Edelphia Well-Known Member

another question. Is Highhold going to be offered as a guild hall, and, hopefully, as a hall available to the average level 100 guild, not requiring hours upon hours of grinding in a dungeon when your guild has very few characters of the level to run the zone. It may be years before my level 100 guild has the credit enough to get a Highkeep Guild hall. :(
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

The EQNext/Landmark forums are here: https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php
    They did a Landmark Live today: https://forums.station.sony.com/lan...live-43-tuesday-february-17th-10am-pst.53408/
    They're having a QA this Friday. I'd watch: https://forums.station.sony.com/lan...m-q-a-livestream-friday-feb-20-2pm-pst.53479/

“[EverQuest Next] has the largest development team at SOE. It is going to be more than OK,” Daybreak President John Smedley tweeted yesterday.
    We'll hear some plans for EQ2 tomorrow. EverQuest is having its own livestream tomorrow just prior to the EQ2 livestream:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/twitch-stream-weds-feb-18-2pm-pst.217816/
    suka, Gourdon, Losadunai and 2 others like this.
  6. Simien Active Member

I would like to hear if low server population is or will be dealt with via server merges etc. Thanks
    Quillyne and Beaue like this.
  7. Thunuderfueler Member

It sure would be nice if EQ Next wasn't offered at an exorbitant cost or even part of All Access
  8. Losadunai Active Member

Given Smedley's tweet about EQN having the biggest development team (therefore being More than OK) I want to know if our development team has been shrunk- and how that will impact not only new content development for the game, but fixes for issues that already exist. I'm a new player (2 months or so) and I've already run into several things that the community (in general chat) has said are known issues that have existed forever and just never seem to get fixed.

I want to know if this game has a healthy lifespan or a death timer. If new content will be added in the form of more than just end game raiding stuff (like, more of the world being discovered) because to me, just end game content seems like a death knell in and of itself- as if there's nothing actually new to be discovered in the lore of Norrath that impacts all levels of players. (New lands new races? New areas for low levels to grow up in so we don't have to run the same content every time we want to test out another class or race?)

I'm sure there is more I want to know but suddenly I'm feeling a bit peckish and I must eat so I can think ;)
    Siren likes this.
  9. Indabuff Active Member

I am not even sure that this can be answered, but is it possible to get info on what the new owners plan is for
    Everquest 2. I know there are many that are concerned about its future and I think some words on what the plan is
    moving forward might help to calm those concerns. Looking at recent events layoffs and such and not a whole lot of other information coming in I can understand why some are upset.

Thanks
    Rozyn and Siren like this.
  10. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Kaaria from Fatality here.

Would like to know why are level 91-100 Ancient scrolls so rare. Been raiding since the expansion came out and have yet to see one come from raids yet.

At this rate, it's better to farm for level 81-90 Ancients in Level Agnostic Dungeons since those ancients are better than current tier Grandmasters.
  11. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Forgive this please, because it'll be long. But my odds of making the livestream are slim, and with no convention this year I have to take the chances to harass you guys as they come. ;)

I would like to know about various changes we've been told to expect this year, particularly cross-server dungeons and reworked diety system. Holly also mentioned previously (in relation to the cross-server dungeons) that other back-end systems were getting rewritten; can we get some more info on what priority those revamps have in light of the reduced staff, and what kinds of changes they will create for the game?

I'm remembering this from beta, so forgive me if it's changed. At the end of the AoM signature line we transfer the power to open (or really, to be) portals to Luclin from the kid to ourselves. Does this mean we're traveling to Luclin, either as a content update or another xpac?

What're the odds of getting writs revamped to be more consistent across the board? Right now:

1) Adventuring writs give faction for the city and organization that issue them, while crafting writs only give faction for your home city's tradeskill organization, regardless of where you get it.

2) Depending on tier, some cities will give adventure writs to anyone, some to anyone with enough city faction, some to anyone of that city's alignment, and some only to citizens of that city.

I know many crafters who would like to be able to earn faction with other cities' tradeskill societies without having to change citizenship. And the change in who gives writs to whom when can be extremely confusing. What I would like to see is all writs available to all players of the appropriate level, and the writs give a small amount of city faction. So someone who's determined enough to do the grind could eventually walk safely and do business in any city. And maybe an achievement for having 40k+ faction with everyone. (Note for PVPers, I'm not suggesting this prevent players from attacking someone of the opposite faction in your city - by all means attack other players if they're not your faction! I'm just saying under this the city guards might not jump in to help.)

I'm guessing with staff reductions my idea of investigation quests is completely off the board, but I'm going to suggest it again anyway because I still think it'd be awesome. Basically the idea is when the first raid group defeats a storyline-related raid in an xpac, a quest is unlocked for players to get more information - probably issued by the Concordium and the Academy of Arcane Science. This would be a solo or small-group quest into a stripped-down version of the raid zone; have some dead bodies around, and/or some "a badly wounded (common mob from zone)" that players must defeat or sneak around. They search the zone for clues that tell the progression of the zone and how it ties into the story, or perhaps uncovers more information. Would be doubly awesome if the corpse of one or more bosses could be there, with a title under their name of <Defeated by (guild who killed them first)>. Or if the final boss wasn't killed per the story (Rhoen Theer, Drinal), they could instead mention how the "brave adventurers of Guild X helped bring me to my senses" and the investigators can search for the info they need while helping said boss put the zone back in order. Rewards would be in the solo/small group range, NOT raid-worthy - a consumable buff, an adornment, a house item or appearance piece, things like that.

I know with the current trend of making the signature line entirely accessible by solo/molo play, missing the story isn't the big deal it used to be (I'm looking at you, RoK!). But it'd be a great way to show off these high end zones that so few players see, and let more casual players get into the big story. Also, I still want a copy of the Chelsith Stone! :D (Seriously, we wimpy casuals might be too weak for Mayong to consider letting us hold the original, but our investigative skills might be enough to warrant him giving us a copy to get our insights...)
    Wintir and HaphazardAllure like this.
  12. southpaw Member

Hey team :) Are we still on track for some new public quests this year? Any info for us? Hope you're all doing well after a trying week or so...

Cheers from Southpaw of Guk
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Duckmounts;

When?
    Strings, Wintir, ttobey and 1 other person like this.
  14. Enigma Active Member

Hey i just wanted to know if there will be any class changes between now and the upcoming GU in early April and if not what about any changes involving class balance at any time this year. This is in regards to the class thread feedback.

I will also like to know what possible Ferrin items will we see added between now and early April :) any hints on that would be nice!
  15. Enigma Active Member

Oh and one more thing...is the fix to summoner tank/scout pets still set for this year?
    recon1187 likes this.
  16. Surepaw New Member

I have two questions:

1) After the sale of SOE to CN, we were assured that "It will be business as usual and all SOE games will continue on their current path of development and operation. In fact, we expect to have even more resources available to us as a result of this acquisition." A week later many of the Devs, as well as many of the other employees of Daybreak, were let go. A week later shows this was known ahead of the statement above. How does this translate into "we expect to have even more resources available to us as a result of this acquisition"? How can we trust anything said at the Twitch stream event when it appears that "business as usual" was only something said to keep the customers from jumping a sinking ship? After that statement, and the results of a week later, it may take some work to win back the trust of your customers, or at least the loyal ones.

2) Over the past several expansions scouts have lost much of their DPS, and many scouts are no longer wanted, much less needed, in raids and heroic groups. Predators are no longer T1 DPS compared to mages, Swashbuckler debuffs have been ineffective for years, as well as their mini buffs and Mythical buff. The equality of the Rogue class is anything but equal, Beast Lords are considered broken by many in the game, and I could go on and on. When is the new scout revamp going to take place and what can we expect to see from it?

Thank you,

I look forward to your answers in the Twitch stream event tomorrow.

Surepaw
    Siren likes this.
  17. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Errrorr, asking the hardball questions!
    Wintir, Errrorr and ttobey like this.
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Read Test Patch notes :)
    Neiloch and Feldon like this.
  19. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Adding to this: with the news that Xelgad was let go, should us scouts even expect a revamp this expansion?

As a Swashbuckler I have many outdated abilities that do almost nothing, horribly situational dps (need 5+ mobs to compete), and my debuffs are laughable and not needed when tank survival is so heavily dependent on the tank's stats and the healer's competence before my debuffs are even factored in.
    Hirofortis and Quillyne like this.
  20. Wintir Active Member

Sadly, I won't be able to attend the Twitch Stream.

However, I'd like to bring forward a few items that are not only near and dear to my heart but to other players as well. I won't touch on the big discussion item(s) like the ownership changes, staff changes, game future of EQ2, etc.for the simple reason that it's probably at the top of your agenda already.

In no particular order:
    • Future of Sony Cash - Is it being 86'd or being replaced with a rebranded offering. As well, will you be rolling back the SC costs of any items? I dare say that most of your player base suspect that the big jump last year was because of Sony's dire financial situation and that you were forced to do this.
    • Harvesting RNG of Ultra-Rares - I mean the foundations & spell shards. Currently, we've been under the working impression that "harvesting" one is actually a misnomer. Apparently, any player, even one without augmented harvesting equipment & skill has the same chance to get one. Our server has no more than 5-6 for sale (most of them are the same ones from months ago) which are price-marked at close to 500,000 gold. As these items are directly linked to upgrading spells to grandmaster status, the ultra-rares are perceived to be something that you really don't want the players to have as this competes directly with SC spell upgrades. Truly, this one is generating a lot of bad karma for you.
    • Patches & Patch Notes - Notwithstanding the events and impact of the recent announcements (re: ownership change), we really should stick with one update a week; ideally on the same day of the week. Players find it vexing that some weeks we have 2 patches, then a lull for several weeks. I suspect that as long as you address just one significant thing a week, things should move along nicely. If things go bonkers over there and the devs can't finish the patch in time, then simply post that it's been deferred - no biggy. Just keep us in the know - don't you agree?
    • Player-Made Gear (T11) - Some oddities and frustrations are:
      • Equipable at level 95, the stats on the player-made chain armor have no working functionality or value to Scouts. Even the other chain wearing classes I've spoken with shun it. Remember, we can't reforge this stuff.
      • The player-made jewelry & cloaks are only equipable at level 96+. What happened to level 95?
      • Jewelry rares - why the complete dependence on lumium clusters?
      • Tinkering - no recipes with new expansion - 'nuff said.
    • Outside Zone Namers - Much of the loot dropped by these MoBs are only level 95. This means that transmuting them down yields only T10 materials, not T11. This creates a supply problem for people wishing to make the newer adornments.
    Perhaps you might find time to consider these item points and clarify your stance on them.

Thanks very much, EQ2 staffers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.