Not A Bug Turn off Mercenary Battalion Buff Sound?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by SynnikuL, Jan 11, 2020.

1. SynnikuL Active Member

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but can we please turn off the loud mercenary battalion buff that sounds EVERY time we zone? This is the red circle of lights that go over your head and makes the noise. Again, this happens every time you zone into a new area and it's becoming distracting. I've been zoning peacefully for 14 years and now I have to hear this each time.

So can we please just change it to where it behaves like every other buff? When you hire a summon anywhere merc that triggers the buff, it should definitely play the loud sound then and do the red circle lights. And that should be the only time it plays. That's how all the other persistent buffs we cast operate. They just have the sound and animation once. Imagine if ever buff we had played its sound every time we zone like the merc battalion one does? It would be a disastrous cacophony of maddening sounds equivalent to a thousand finger nails being drug across a dry chalkboard.

Thanks in advance Daybreak for looking into this.
    Rhodris, Carynn, Argosunited and 3 others like this.
  2. SynnikuL Active Member

Update - I noticed this also happens even if you don't have a merc summoned. I had my merc dismissed for several days while running the crafting timeline. The buff and sound was persistent though.
  3. Marae Well-Known Member

Oh, THAT's what that is! I was wondering. I have it on a couple of mine, at least, and I just haven't had the leisure (or mindset) to track down what was causing it, but it is getting kind of old. I thought it was a crafting buff or something. When I first noticed it, I had just started up some of those that last a week or two, including a new one which I suspected was the culprit, and I was just waiting for it to finish its run, at which point I would not use it again.
    SynnikuL and Tangris like this.
  4. Badwolfe Member

Yes! Please can we have a way of turning this buff, it's driving me up the wall. Like others have said I also have this buff happening even when I don't have a merc summoned. I'll love you forever and ever if you do give us a way to turn it off lol.
    SynnikuL and Marae like this.
  5. Marae Well-Known Member

A way to turn it off would be awesome. It's a cool effect, but it's also super annoying hearing it every time I turn around.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  6. SynnikuL Active Member

Also, if anyone needed to see what the buff looks like, here's a pic

The icon in the center will be slightly different depending on class. You'll see mine is the standard Geneva convention cross emblem for a healer.
  7. Carynn Well-Known Member

I dislike that it does its effect every time I zone, notwithstanding having no merc summoned.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  8. Ephras Active Member

I agree with all these players: Please turn off the mercenary battalion buff that sounds EVERY time we zone. Why do we need that? -- it's annoying.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  9. Ratalthor Developer

I'm going to close this thread because it's feedback. However, we'll consider the request. Thanks!
    Breanna likes this.