Turn off auto follow for the new progression servers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Silverdragonx, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Naypoo Member

Exactly the point, alot of couples and families play as a group.
  2. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I like auto follow because you can still travel as a group if someone has to be /afk for things like bio break, kids, unexpected occurances like they spilled coffee on themselves.

I have no problem with boxing either. I don't do it in this game, but I'm not against people who like to do it.
  3. Naypoo Member

I am not ambindextrous enough to dual box, but yes, I have done the coffee spill pvping at 2am LOL. I vote to leave in Auto Follow, for both coffee spills and coffee refills :D
    GrunEQ likes this.
  4. Lovidicus Active Member

This would do absolutely nothing to stop botters. They cheat. They don't need a follow command. Their third party software can do it's own auto follow. They can even /follow when not grouped together.
  5. Kahonen Active Member

You get rid of auto-follow and you lose the ability to make guys in the group fall over cliffs. That was one of the funniest things you could do when the game came out. I thought the point of a TLE server was to re-create that?
  6. Wulfhammer Active Member

Personally I don't care about how fast some boxers/botters get content beaten... Playing the game is about my journey and sharing that journey with other players.

Now if 1 solo player can box or bot through content that is suppoed to be old school hard, then the player is either very skilled or the content isnt hard/clever enough. Regardless, why are you so scared someone does something before you? I don't get it.
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

We've had auotfollow since launch day. The intention is to make these servr as close to their original condition as possible. It needs to stay in the game.
    Naypoo likes this.
  8. Wabit Active Member

Not much of the old content was clever, pretty straight forward tank and spank, maybe joust a few AEs on the Epics. The hard part was mostly the time sink needed for leveling, but the leveling speed was so slow that it allowed you to see 80% of the zones (if you wanted). Yes, some things killed whatever group I was in, but we could usually get back to where we were and return the favor =D.
    Naypoo likes this.
  9. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Oh gods, I still laugh remembering putting a guildmate on auto follow while doing the Jboots heritage quest in Antonica.. He had safe fall, I didn't, and when he took shortcut off the cliff where Vhalen's Tower is...splat.

Or how, before DoF came out, when my guild group ran into a known botter in the depths of Sol Eye we pulled the elevator right out from him and watched him and his whole bot group fall down and go splat. :) Fun times.
    Naypoo and Wurm like this.
  10. Mondego Active Member

It's a little funny some people who say "bots doing something first - not a big deal" are also saying "what??? me have to wait and not move while afk, but I'm in a HURRY." I thought doing stuff fast wasn't a big deal?

Personally I'm against anything that's done AFK by a player, I don't really care what it is. If you're not ATK you shouldn't be advancing, full stop. So I'll play devils advocate. -IF- they could completely eliminate bots by removing auto follow, I'd be 100% all for it. Neither is very likely to happen. But if those conditions were possible and you can still say you honestly wouldn't sacrifice that feature to have a fair and healthy in game economy, that's just incredibly selfish and short sighted.

But not that surprising.
  11. Baarbossa Active Member

I agree with many here and even made a post saying botters are running around like crazy now. I feel this game needs clean up and botters need permanently banned. There are guilds full of botters on ab now.
  12. Naypoo Member

YESH, agreed...... well mostly except when it was me the leader was draggin off that cliff roflmao