TSO Stinks

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Thumatos, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-CrazyMoogle Guest

People really need to stop using the laughable "if you solo you don't need shard gear" argument.
  2. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

Annara@Najena wrote:
    Would you care to explain what possible need is there for shard armour for a soloer ?
  3. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Annara@Najena wrote:
    Please tell me what you can't solo without void shard armor. Seriously, if you really think you need it that badly .... get a few groups, do a few instances, BAM! You've got shard armor!
  4. ARCHIVED-nickinoonaa Guest

Wether grouped or solo TSO is the worst expantion to date in my humble opinion.It seems lazy,not very well thought out and incredibly buggy.
    Maybe if they stopped giving away beta test keys to people who dont actually feedback problems then this would have been a better exp pack.Most of the shard quests were buggy and you couldnt loot shards from chests on opening day and itemisation is still laclustre this was epic fail at launching an expansion lol.
    I love this game so much but its saddening me to see it degrade before my very eyes :(
  5. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Gazruney@Nektulos wrote:
    I think TSO is the best thing EQ2 has put out yet.
  6. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

It managed to make people want to group more. There's always something happening and everyone wants to do TSO.
    Therefore, I don't really see this as being tyhe worst expansion ever, it actually seems to be the best so far.
  7. ARCHIVED-Loendar Guest

Mrrshan@Runnyeye wrote:
    How about this...
    I enjoy playing in all aspects of the game: solo, group, raiding and occassionally tradeskilling. With that said, my guild is currently going through another 'low period' where we really only have enough people on to form one group *maybe* once or twice a week. I suspect this will change in the future - but this happened at the TSO launch...so there we have it...
    So, we spend Saturday evening getting together and running a TSO instance. Every one of us wants shard gear to make these runs easier in the future and to do the higher things. At the pace we are able to pull off though, we are looking at 6+ months to even get full T1 gear. The addition of a solo quest series to let those of us that are around a bit more an option to accelerate that process seems good.
    To paraphrase:
    I enjoy grouping and doing TSO instances and therefore would like shard gear.
    I don't enjoy pick-up groups, so I prefer to stick with those I know (which doesn't mean I don't like grouping, see above)
    I *do* need shards to get gear for the nights I am able to do a guild group

Questions?
  8. ARCHIVED-ericsweeney Guest

Well I'm personally happy that GU 52 is adding a daily solo shard quest. One of the key focuses of this expansion is the concept of slowly working towards a goal. To be more specific, buying specific items with void shards. Void shard items have become the carrot at the end of the stick for TSO. If a person solos or small groups, then the original set up was going to inherently disenfranchise them. When the point of the expansion is void shards and you know that you can't get any, then you're going to be discouraged. With the new solo quest, all players can feel like they're slowly making progress towards a goal.
  9. ARCHIVED-ericsweeney Guest

Deleted double post
  10. ARCHIVED-Ikke Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    I am glad you like TSO with your playstyle.
    Having this soloquest for players with a different playstyle does not change the way you play this game but gives me with my playstyle another target to aim for. It is going to be a slow way of getting these shard items but I will enjoy the idea that I am working towards items that are (for me as a solo player) the pinnacle of the items that I will be able to get from TSO.
    Believe me, before I have my full set, you will be raiding the end content of the next expansion. So please don't whine about solo players who do not bother you and play this game the way they want to.
  11. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Dareena@Lucan DLere wrote:
    A fine post and one i agree with,

Sadly though theres a small,rather pathetic minority of people on this forums who seem to think that solo/duo playstyle should be expelled from the game altogether (or at least the way they're crying about this change makes it seem that way).

This is an MMO,one that lives in the present where ALL playstyles can and more to the point SHOULD be catered for,the glory days of UO and EQ are long gone and thankfully will never return.

As for TSO itself,well its an abyismal expansion,to single out a large part of your playerbase and say to them tough,not much for you this time,was IMO bad game design simple as that,but now with the up coming shard of the day quest a little bit of that mistake will be rectified,thankfully.
  12. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

I imagine after the solo shard quest becomes available this thread will be full of... it's too hard... it takes too long... can't we have a double shard mission for solo... why can't I solo my epic weapon... the mission is class specific... why can't our shard gear cost less shards...
    blah blah blah
  13. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Thaleia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Preety much what we already hear from people doing the heroric versions.....so it would be a very broken record.
  14. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    Quoted for truth!!!
  15. ARCHIVED-nickinoonaa Guest

Mrrshan@Runnyeye wrote:
    I probably didnt explain myself properly TSO does not make feel as if i am in a part of Norrath.All the other expansions absorbed me into the lore and world around me.To be honest I originally looked forward to the shard system but it seems that like many others things it was better in theory than in practice.
    I still have more fun in Faydwer or KoS or SS than I do in TSO and as far as groups go thats what I like to do more than anything soloing is not my playstyle never will beso dont tell me ive had my Kunark lol ,coz youll be preaching to the converted .Also I agree with statement that population has shot down since TSO launch but i think station cash may have a hand in that as well as this half ***** expansion.Sony are paying for the opinion that all the long term players are such fanbois that they will infact buy or pay for anything EQ2 with no questions now.
    I'll just carry on doing whatever fun stuff I can find in the old content and hope that the next expansion is more fun for ME thats right i'm talking about my own opinion not telling you all what you should think of it .This is just food for thought thats all.
  16. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

I really don't understand all the whinning about solo TSO quests.
    Anyone can run Deep Forge with any group even a bad pickup. It can take anything from 15 minutes to 1 hour. The TSO in Everfrost are also easy and do not take long at all.
    I've recently done Halls of Forsaken in CL with a pickup group, with a tank mostly in 72 MC and some crappy legendary, which was also an alt btw, only becaue we could not find a tank at the time we were on.
    Why do people need to moan so much that they cannot run normal instances ?? Get in a bloody group every now and then. If you just run the daily that is 4 shards for you as you can pickup the normal quest there too.
    Seriously, all this debate is flawed and my points remain valid. Someone who soloes does not need shards for anything. If you want full T2 all you need to do is run some easy instances every now and then. Is that really so bad ???
    Next some people will be asking for a solo way to get myth as well. You want decent quality items ? Run the instances. You want to solo ? Go play a solo game, it's cheaper by the way. Playing a MMO and moaning all day about solo play is just ridiculous. There's more than enough stuff to do solo and the loot quality in Kunark is quite good.
  17. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Mrrshan@Runnyeye wrote:
    Same argument can be made for people that group wanting fabled and master spell...same argument same whines.
    [/quote]Next some people will be asking for a solo way to get myth as well. You want decent quality items ? Run the instances. You want to solo ? Go play a solo game, it's cheaper by the way. Playing a MMO and moaning all day about solo play is just ridiculous. There's more than enough stuff to do solo and the loot quality in Kunark is quite good.[/quote]
    This is flawed to since MMO is about not grouping its about all different styles of play and the freedom to choose what to do when to do it.It doesnt mean multi players to group and hasnt since the beginning of gameing genre.
    There is plenty for people to group to also to it in RoK....with current content people want to exsperience that ...not what has been around for 18 months.Besides to get to lev 80 most everyone has prob dont all the solo quests to progress their toons.if the repeatable solo quests gave AA like the repeatable heroric shard quests...im sure you would get more replay in RoK.
    So im sorry there isnt enough to do in RoK when talking about progression through TSO.
  18. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    That's right, Bigron. I don't really like raiding, I have a strong preference for just single-grouping ... so why can't I have a single-group path to my mythical? After all, like you said, the game isn't about grouping, it's not about raiding, it's about multiple play styles all having the ability to experience the content NOW.
    So. Where's my single-group mythical path, since we're talking about MY playstyle being infringed by requirements that I raid to get it?
    I'll wait patiently, of course, for someone to totally miss the point & ask me why I need a mythical to do heroic content. I just truly hope that person isn't one of the people in this thread demanding a solo path to void shards
  19. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    Mythical is actually needed for raids.
    Shard gear is needed for nothing.
  20. ARCHIVED-CrazyMoogle Guest

Flaye@Mistmoore wrote:
    Of course you can solo without shard armor. You can also solo without mastercrafted armor, so we better ban soloers from getting it. You can also solo without Treasured gear so those solo losers shouldn't get that either.
    The "you don't need it for what you do" argument is one of the most numb-brained that continues to respawn on these boards. In this game, every single player in the game has an item on their character that could be replaced and have them continue on. There is not 1 single character in this entire game that NEEDS every single item they have. Because obviously they killed the mob that dropped that item BEFORE they had whatever that item is. Nobody, not one single person, in this game needs every single item they have.
    Some of you people spend so much energy and gnashing of your teeth worrying that somebody might have a shiny little something that you think they don't deserve. Get over it, people. Some soloer who wants to get a few pieces of shard gear by doing it THE LONG WAY isn't hurting anyone, period. If it makes them happy to be playing with their character's outfits and keeps them paying subs then let it be so. You aren't hurt, and the game isn't hurt, if some soloer spends weeks working toward a new pair of gloves that allows them to kill a solo mob 1.2 seconds faster.
    Stop spending so much time trying to justify why you should be allowed to determine what others should be permitted to have.