TSO-locked TLE server?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lucarius, Jan 13, 2019 at 8:30 AM.

1. Lucarius New Member

Hello all

I'm playing Everquest 1 on Agnarr at the moment, which I enjoy very much.

I like how the server is locked permanently at LDoN instead of progressing towards live.
    This is because PoP and LDoN was the peak of Everquest 1 - the time of the game where most people enjoyed it.

I'm wondering why EQ2 doesn't make a server like this? Locked at Kunark, TSO or SF.

Like I said I'm playing EQ1 right now, but I would swap games in a second if I knew that a server would progress to one of these expansion in EQ2 and then don't progress anymore.

I don't have time to catch up with everyone on the TLE, so the permanent lock is an important feature for me - and it ensures that the server stays in an era where I would enjoy it - but also a lot others.

And if you're afraid of player base stagnation on a server like that, you could make 'feeder servers' for it. So a new TLE server that goes to the last expansion and then merges with the old server.

tl;dr
    I would like a TLE server that doesn't go past RoK, TSO or SF
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

Short answer, there isn't nearly as much grind in EQ2 as EQ1. We would run out of things to do way too fast.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Will never happen, unless they significantly rehaul the itemization and balance of the server to allow for players to still have rewards for continuing to play on the server.

In it's current state there is next to no reason to run heroics, and a lot of the raid bosses in tier were 1 groupable.
  4. Medicus New Member

Stormhold was locked on it's last expansion (SF) for the best part of a year before it was merged with AB and in the last few months before the merge you could count the amount of daily people that logged in on one hand :)
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

I'm in, where's the sign up sheet! :p

My vote would be, Lock it at RoK.
  6. Zelless New Member

+1

Lock a new server at ROK and I'm in.
  7. tbmroark New Member

IF they were to do it (huge if, 99% unlikely) then RoK would be the expansion to lock it in. That's given they actually do proper itemization this time (like a serious couple passes on it), and then also get rid of familiars (they cause balancing issues with content). Also, no broker discount box. It's impossible for crafters to compete with certain people having those.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

I think they're smart enough to know, the game dies if locked. There just isn't that much to grind on.
  9. Feara Well-Known Member

/reality_checked, thank you.

Your right Atan, there won't be enough grind, or for that matter improvements or release from P2W

...but since I was dreaming, they could take crafting in a totally different direction, where one players toon could become a master in all crafts. The leveling and achievements would have much, much more depth and meaning but

they would have to rewrite everything and that's not gonna happen so...

/dream_over
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

I like that idea of master craftsman, but alas certain components of the game would have a hard time reacting to that.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

Well it does seem like it's almost there anyway. We multi-class for the TS Apprentices and multi-class in the TS timelines. That could of put a little more grind into it. I would of loved a Jack of all Trades crafter. I know the vision was never there but they had know idea then what a game like EQII would look like over a decade later.
    Atan and Breanna like this.