TSO gear on test server needs another look

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Smashey, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Smashey Well-Known Member

There is zero gear progression. A signature reward gives you the exact same stats as a x4. And doing x2 content gives you the exact same gear as doing x4 content.

[IMG]
  2. Redlight Well-Known Member

3. Krov Active Member

Why are they still doing modifications to itemization after this many TLEs? I can understand a handful of items , but why was it revamped again ? Are we going to use this current version of itemization with the need to tweek a handful of items for the next TLE or are you going to be doing another total revamp that results in this same situation every single time?
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

From what I understand, it's because TLE is the German acronym for deja vu. :rolleyes:
    Kotter, Breanna and Fangrim like this.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Because they keep doing it wrong, and people complain. So they try again, but still get it wrong. I just don't think the current dev team knows how to balance the game for stat numbers under 1000 anymore.
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

In some fairness to them, when they've released new TLEs, they've generally changed the ruleset somewhat. Going from FG to Kaladim, they removed channelers, familiars, and capped research. This meant most of the content tuning and itemization would have been out of whack. So they probably had to start over. Problem is, that means we lose months' worth of work from previous efforts. Unfortunately, Live servers and expacs pretty much take precedence, so the relatively small allocation of resource TLE gets isn't really proportional to the amount of work that's actually required. So we end up with shortcuts like automating itemization, but this carries risk because now one small mistake can be replicated across thousands of items in a matter of minutes. As a programmer, I can totally appreciate what they're doing there, after all work smarter, not harder, but unfortunately it seems their algorithms for determining stat distribution seem a bit off.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Fixed it for you. See the complaining about Headless Horseman loot on live.

I suspect that when they change things on Live, it whacks everything for TLE. So for BoL, for example, they did away with spell doublecast and everything became ability doublecast. Any stat that "overflowed" into another stat no longer does that. Those changes would affect everything in the game, so when TLE gets a new expansion, they have to re-diddle the stats.
  8. Mezzr New Member

Its because when this game was in developement, they didnt think about this going into maintence mode, until way later. That means not TLE ect. SO it wasnt coded with that idea in mind. Dps increases came in the packages such as set bonus;s, these increases to specific skills and spells were heavly parses, and used as a mechanism to buff certain class's without actually effecting there parse. An now that we have moved over into an entirely different stat system example ( we are currently using a metric stat system currently, and we were using more of a royal standard before) so anyways thats how i view it. THe old stats were balanced differently because they had dedicated people to focus on specific classes ect. so when everyone complained about not having set items, THey have to totally rework a bunch of **** that they didnt have to in the past, that eats up time, and man hours. Sooo instead of complaining, maybe we can brainstorm effective ways the dev's can focus there time.
  9. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

You must be new around here. People have literally put in hours of work, with spreadsheets, combat logs, screenshots, math, you name it. People have given plenty of constructive feedback, but for the most part it gets ignored. Now a lot of those people who used to put the effort in have either quit altogether, or just given up giving feedback. These are not new problems that suddenly appeared out of nowhere. They're the exact same issues we've been giving feedback on for the last 3+ years TLE servers have been a thing.
    Smashey, Tkia and Dude like this.
  10. Smashey Well-Known Member

I remember on Stormhold before DoF launched you had guilds beta test the raid content and write comprehensive feedback about the encounters and each individiual item that needed tweaks and it was sent to Kander. Not a single thing changed from that feedback.

The same happen for KoS because obviously the company behind EQ2 would never ignore free beta testing from players. Again the feedback was gathered and sent to the producer. Again, nothing was changed.

After that they stopped the beta test for TLE servers and feedback has since then been mostly ignored since with the exception of a few raid tweaks done by gninja and items by fireflyte, who is no longer at the company.
    Mountbatten and Dude like this.
  11. Kotter Legendary Member

look... it's Mezzr!!!
  12. Krov Active Member

I played extensively on SH , this is one reason I wanted to know what "version" of itemization was going to be used. It was a **** show then and still seems to be.

After this many TLE's and we are talking about YEARS the same problems are still not solved , at this point I expected a streamlined itemization that made sense or perhaps a handful of individual items that need to adjusted.

If there is going to be a new TLE , I need to know if it will use a already adjusted itemization or something there going to do from scratch and I wont waste my time.
  13. Smashey Well-Known Member

So do we know if items will be looked at? Most of the shard armor have no ability mod for starter which is just amazing for sorcerer or casters.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.