Tserrina x2 raid zone bugged

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Lejil, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Lejil New Member

Has this happened to anyone else?

I went into Tower of Frozen Shadow Raid zone with 5 other people. We got to Tserrina. We were all pretty high level so, we burned her down to near zero in a few seconds. So, there's a script that is supposed to run, spawn 6 shinies which you click in order to make her killable. The script fails to run. We reset, tried a few different ways to burn her down slowly, but the same result. I think it's a bug, but maybe there's some trick we missed.
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I thought they removed that part, or were planning to...
  3. Ellimist Active Member

so you need to have just one person burn it down slow. even last xpac we were stripping off gear to make sure we didn't break the script. If you try and one shot it it breaks.
  4. Lejil New Member

I see. It also seems as if, when we tried to burn it down slow with one person, it would bug out and her hp would just drop and it would break. I was the one doing it and I know I can't hit hard enough to one shot.
  5. Kheldar Active Member

That has been like that for ages, and has never been fixed.
    The best bet is drop all damage shields, turn off merc/pets, get pretty much naked, and melee attack with a tin dagger.
    No joke.
    Attack her with one toon, naked, with tin dagger, while everyone else stays away. It's about the only way to get the script to play out. Even chronoing down doesn't help.
  6. Seni Active Member

That's weird. I helped someone a couple weeks ago for this. We were tossed around a bit. The shinies took a while to show up, but they finally did. We had started to worry it was bugged, but they did show up and we were able to grab them and finish. We were all at least level 100 and none of us took off any gear that I know of.
  7. Kheldar Active Member

The problem is you can damage her too fast, very easily now, and mess the required script up. It really doesn't take much damage to blow up the script.

They "Patched" it to make that less likely, but didn't fix it to make it impossible, or even slightly difficult. They should have just made her immune to damage at the key points in the script, or given her a full heal, since the dain kills her in the end.
  8. Gninja Developer

I will take a look.
    Seni likes this.
  9. Steelviper Active Member

Her script does get confused if she's burned down to minimum health too quickly, but it's still doable - everybody got to 100% stop attacking her at that point, that includes melee / ranged autoattacks, and pets / mercs too. After a while, her script should either pick up, and the shinies will appear, or she resets and you got to get her down again.
    Eventually it should work out though, as long as everyone stops dealing any damage to her when she's down.
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I got her down to 25%, probably a bit too quickly. I then ran back to the area with the dwarf and the blue haze. She then flew out of the top of the room and said a few things, then left no chest behind.
  11. Legionair Member

I find it rather annoying and can't stand the fact that she can't just be 1 shotted to bypass the script like many other raid bosses of old content. Like the only reason to even kill her now is for a couple appearance items, or to finish an old quest line. Now I'm all about not making something easy mode, but this is real old content and its rather irritating that you still need 6 players to do the script, while hoping not to accidently screw it up and make it bug out. I ran TOFS 3 days ago (for why I'm adding to this discussion), I nuked her which instantly put her to 25%, hence script prevented further damage, then 3 seconds later somehow I accidently bypassed or bugged the script, in which it seemed i ended up killing her but also with no chest drop and the mirrors that spawned still kept sending adds every 20 sec.
    A shame this encounter is this buggy and still need 6 players to do it for just the app items.
  12. Lejil New Member

@Gninja Any news on this getting a fix?
  13. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Is this related to another post I saw before? If you are doing 'casting a long shadow' I believe that Gninja fixed that a while ago. I was able to do it a week or so ago solo. I just hit her and after sort of dying (she keeps flying around and such) I just went and talked with the Dain at the back of the room to get his update and the Dain outside to get the final update. Note that I did kill all of the prerequisite nameds in ToFS on that same trip in a clean new instance, this allowed me to talk to the General and lit up the transporter and it finished fine. Here is the other post:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/tofsx2-tserrina-i-broke-the-script.584766/
  14. Gninja Developer

Yeah, I tried to make it not get stuck and instead execute the script and it did but somehow the updates got messed up for those quests. I spent some time yesterday morning running through it and cleaning it up (very old code) and its being tested hopefully for next update.
    Faeonara, Lejil and Seni like this.
  15. Seni Active Member

Thank you for cleaning it up - looking forward to trying again after it's in!
  16. Lejil New Member

Excellent! Can't wait to try it out!
  17. Seni Active Member

I don't see it in the update notes, so perhaps it's still being tested.
  18. Gninja Developer

I will get it added to notes.
    Dude and Seni like this.