TS wish list for the next dev?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MadTexan3, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Tannnis Guest

With Tradeskill dungeons I wonder if there'll be a way to mentor to tradeskill level. That's what I'd like, or at least some way to get tradeskill experience for recipes that are added that are below a crafters current level. It isn't much, and isn't often, but it irks me when I have new recipes that are grey and have no way to get credit for crafting them for the first time.
    Oh! And while it was brought up (and shot down) at Fan Faire, I'd love to see some way to have a second tradeskill class option. Like Major/Minor, maybe able to earn experience on the minor tradeskill profession chosen but at a greatly reduced rate, or something like that.
  2. ARCHIVED-faydeaway Guest

Ok, here's my idea.
    I'd like to have a Tradeskill NPC that accepted bulk raw materials and in return hands out tradeskill tier specific material packets. If I had X units of T4 fur laying around I could use this NPC to get a T4 Sage packet. I could then use this packet to craft a T4 Sage recipe in place of the normal required materials. This material packet could not be used for MC items and would get consumed during the combine.
    The quantity of raw materials needed for each tradeskill packet would have to be balanced, of course, but for example a T4 Sage recipe requires 1+3+3 materials for a total of 7 materials per combine. If I could exchange 35 T4 raws for a T4 Sage material packet that would allow me to get some use out of the raws that I typically destroy because they are worthless and I can't use them.
    I think a mechanism like this would also help equalize the prices on the broker for raw materials. On AB, T4 roots are usually going for 12-15s a pop(Feyiron @50s) while a T4 fur is around 2c. Obviously, a combine material cost of 70c beats +45s but as people bought up the underpriced raws those prices would rise and as the demand for roots/feyiron fell off then those prices would drop.
    This mechanism would also encourage people to hit ALL node types because whatever raw they happened to harvest would have some minimal value to them.
    faydeaway
  3. ARCHIVED-ElsaRat Guest

As a carpenter who's new to the game, I see lots of wonderful furniture, beds desks and such, and am having lots of fun furnishing my home.

I'd love to see more items to make a house look lived in. I'm looking for an ivory comb my ratonga can put on her bedside table to brush through her tail in the morning. Piles of clothes for the slobs among us would be nice. Papers or letters left out. More food items; so much of the food is for the holidays; how about more ordinary dishes for day to day (bread and muffin tins are a good start).

By the way, I'm looking forward with glee to being able to scale furniture in G49. There are a number of furniture items that I'd love to get that are just too big for my ratonga.
  4. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

And again, here's this week's wish list

1. More dividers like the redwood version but minus the trim and minus the slight outward jut along the edges. Like one that would match the wood grain of the Gorowyn homes (minus the trim and minus the dark lines indicating wooden boards...those just wouldn't seem to come out right when changing their sizes).

2. One more additional filter for the recipe filter option...Handcrafted and Mastercrafted.

3. Seperate saved filter options per character.

4. To eventually get back to revamping the secondary/range/charm item stats (know you're busy but it's pretty much the last bit of tradeskilled items that haven't received the revamp).

5. Imbued ammo:
    • Fire Imbued (Fire dmg bonus..has a 10% chance to explode and hit enemies in close proximity of target).
    • Ice Imbued (10% chance to decrease dps for 6 seconds).
    • Poison Imbued (10% chance to reduce heal/ward effects for 6 seconds).
    • Disease Imbued (10% chance to decrease enemy's attack speed for 6 seconds).
    • Magic Imbued (10% chance to stun for 6 seconds).
    • Mental Imbued (10% chance to silence enemy for 6 seconds).
    • Divine Imbued (Double damage on Undead enemies).

6. A recipe for those who completed their tradeskill epic. Each class would receive a recipe to make a tapestry that looks like their tradeskill cloak reward. Would have to be a "no trade" item and therefore require them to be commissioned if anyone else wanted some for their home.

7. When dragging/dropping a recipe to the hotbar, hover the mouse pointer over that recipe in the hotbar will give a tooltip version of the recipe's examine window. Ctrl+Left_Mouse_Click still allows you to view the item in dressing room (if it can be normally seen there).

8. To have the problem fixed where examining a weapon from the recipe window's list on a character who can dual-wield in dressing room from Ctrl+left_mouse_clicking causing the resultant action to happen twice.
  5. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

Would it be possible to get some new columns/pillars with the white marble/alabastar texturing of the Qeynos halls? If they could be thin enough so they don't become utterly massive when resized, that'd be swell, too. ^_^
  6. ARCHIVED-Trifler Guest

I would like to see one interim added back in, so that you have, for example:
    • Fuel
    • Fuel
    • Backpack
    • Pristine Backpack
    This would allow for Apprentice III spells and skills again (while keeping Apprentice IIs as purchased from NPC vendors). Food seems to do something like this already. This would also make the use of the word "pristine" relevant again.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Trifler wrote:
    Why do you want to return junk that no one wants to the market? That is the reason it was changed, no one wants non-pristine items or App IIIs. Imagine till borking up a rare combine and having to give the customer 4 plat for the rare instead of earning 50g or whatever you charge, then tell us you still want this :). I hate to tell you but it will never return to that way because the majority are VERY happy how it is now and so glad the old way is gone.
  8. ARCHIVED-Trifler Guest

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    I don't want all the interims back, just one. I want them back because there should be a normal quality version and a pristine quality version. You say you'll get less for the lower quality version. That's as it should be. Naturally we all want the pristine version. Now when you say borking up a rare combine: Guess what? Right now you don't get anything for borking it up anyway. The way I proposed it, at least you'd have a normal version rather than just a fuel component. It's not like you get your rare back the way it is now.
  9. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Um, yes you do...on everything but a pristine combine, you get the rare back. On imbueing, you get the actual un-imbued armor piece back in all but the pristine finishes at which point it's imbued.

No one wants to go back to a system where you could loose the rare to a non-pristine combine (and yes, there are backpack recipes that use rares too..and maybe that's part of the reason people won't support your idea).
  10. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

I used to use non-pristine crafted and mastercrafted weapons all the time.
    It used to be that a pristine would be lvl x2. However the weapons usable level went down along with the stats for each lower tier the weapon was created at.
    Using a pristine mastercrafted weapon of lvl 32 as an example, if that weapon was only crafted to tier 1, that weapon would carry a lvl of 26. The stats were lower, but the auto attack damage was the same as the lvl 32 version and who really cared about losing 6 str anyway?
  11. ARCHIVED-Trifler Guest

Transen wrote:
    If you can see that you're not likely to get a pristine, you can hit Stop and get your rare back.
    Then, to use my Backpack example, if you have a regular Backpack, it has 5 slots and no weight reduction. A pristine Backpack has 6 slots and some weight reduction. A regular waxed Backpack has 7 slots and some weight reduction, and the pristine has 8 slots with more weight reduction. It's a good system that actually makes pristine better than something, as well as rewarding for skill. As it is now, it's just a succeed or fail.
    If nothing else, if it's too much to ask for one interim be put back in, then at least remove the word "pristine" from all of the recipes and items, because it's stupid when there's only one version. The names will be shorter too.
  12. ARCHIVED-FizzieQ Guest

With all of the no drop items available to be crafted and the difficulty of pinning down the right tradeskille exactly when you need them I feel that a commision broker would be benificial.
    A player looking to get an item made could select it from a menu(having a search feature would be great but most people know what they want made before they go looking for a crafter), put it the rares or items required for crafting and the amount they are willing to pay to get the item made. Like a regular broker the commision could be removed if the player placing it wishes too. A 10% commision could be paid to the broker just like with the regular broker.
    Crafters could then search the broker looking at items that they may be willing to make, only crafters who have the recipie required to make an item could get the commision. This would be especially useful to crafters trying to get bonus xp on their first combine for leveling, or for higher level crafters looking to make some cash. Items once created would be sent directly to the player who placed the original order and everyone is happy.
  13. ARCHIVED-VixiVZ Guest

For a few years now I have been wishing the recipe book would allow search by material used. I might have found a rare and I want to search my book for all recipes that use that rare in it. Maybe a drop down window similar to the map window to let us locate it? I constantly rely on memory or have to tab out to an online database to look it up. There should be a way to see what all can be made based on what I found. I rarely use the edit window. It doesn't help me at all unless I want to just seperate by tier. A lot of times I need to search based on rares and not by the scroll I found. For decorating anyway. I have a rare that makes the prettiest furniture and can't recall what recipes use it. I use edit window maybe once a year, but I have been spending way too much time on online sites rather than playing trying to find recipes based on my supplies.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Jexi@The Bazaar wrote:
    That would be nice too and probably quite easy since you can search by class that can use items. For now my work around is eq2traders furniture gallery and from that I have a text list of what furniture I like for each rare.
  15. ARCHIVED-Greulin Guest

For the really 'out there' suggestion what about letting maxed out crafters make a single item/piece (or maybe more!) that is nearly equivalent to FABLED gear. This could happen once every 3 months, 6 mths ot 12 months or whatever.
    This would give a small incentive to get to max lvl and would provide the crafter with a choice to give to guild, sell on broker, keep for self, etc, etc.
    :cool:
  16. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Trifler wrote:
    Under the current system, yes you can...but the point is/was is that under the old system..where there was 3 other levels of quality, you didn't get your rare back at all.
    What you're currently describing is exactly what we used to have.

Exactly how many people do you think are going to want anything less than pristine? How many people do you think will want their money or rare back when they commission an item from you expecting pristine only to receive something less?

I do agree with your last paragraph though, the "pristine" part of the naming convention should be removed.
  17. ARCHIVED-Intermisceo Guest

Im in the navy, and at sea a LOT. i usually get one week of game time every month(bout 3hrs a day if im lucky on weekdays), and so i dont have a steady list of level 80 tradeskill friends that i can mail and ask to make me somehting if i pass the rare/mats/and a nice tip.
    id like to see something where i can buy(for a few silver maybe) a "request" for an item, with a price i can set. then id be able to post it on a broker-like bulletin board, and some crafter can look it up, and create at thier leisure and collect the payment. Then when i log on i can get the item.
    as an example: i need more expert fetting poison. id like 150 of em. there are 18 on the broker. i buy a " expert fettering poison request" for 10s, and post it on the broker, for 6g/poison (or whatever is FMV). i log off. Alchy Joe logs on the next day and checks out the bulletin board. Sees the request, and either makes, or already has exactly what im looking for. He posts the poison(which only i can access then) and he collects his 9p(or whatever FMV is). 2 weeks later i log in, get my poison off the board, and go kill some stuff.
  18. ARCHIVED-obikenkenobi Guest

1. carpenter made fishtank components..ie coral and sunken ships that can be scaled to fit even a gigantic pool of water (like the hidden grottos under the guild halls) or the smallest of fish bowls. Oh, and wall sections that look like glass and give that looking through a fishtank look. One more...a rug that looks like water to be able to put water on the top of the tank :)
    2. Rugs that are made to look snow. Could be used for some awsome frostfell decorating fun. and ones for grass and dirt. and make em a little "hilly" Not much, just enough to make it look natural.
    3. Floor options for all housing to include a carpeted look. (not specifically tradeskill)
    4. Wall, ceiling and trim options for all housing, not just freeport and qeynos. (not specifically tradeskill)
    5. A new "majestic" line of craftables that are even better than mastercrafted that are very hard to get the components for.
    6. Crafting missions and instances for all levels of crafting and several locations. My wife and I love those things. The tokens you get for compleating them could be spent on hard to get recipies. Its a lot more fun to do than grind for faction.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sir Longsword Guest

Craftable class hats in a variety of non pastel colors. It shouldn't be a rare event to get you 'profession' hat.
  20. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Pheep's Frostfell List:
    Grass of different kinds (Feerrot, Antonica, EL, etc)
    Trees of different kinds (Feerrott, Enchanted Lands, those in Antonica to name a few)
    Rushes for ponds
    Wild shrubs (other than what's in the current recipe books)
    Stone formations of diff kinds
    Hanging ivy and vines for walls and floors
    Flora from Lesser Faydark (mushrooms, gourds, vines of large size)
    Actual clothing not armour for appearance slots (Island of Mara, Maj'Dul, New Tunaria, Mistmoore vampires, Pillar of Flames)
    Imperceptible Beauty suit brought back as an all artisan recipe book
    Plushies