TS Sig Line reward idea

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Conifur, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

A harvesting type item that allows us to FD. Tired of putting on all my harvesting gear, getting aggro and then spending 5 minutes gumming the thing to death. Make it only usable in overland zones so people could not exploit it in dungeons and raids.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We have tinkered Defibrillating Heart Stoppers. Brawlers, Necromancers, and Shadowknights get the FD ability natively, of course. On my Warlock, I use Null Caress and port the offending critter away, finish my harvest, then skedaddle before it comes back.

You can't switch gear mid-fight, but you can switch your mount and familiar, which for me vastly boosts my stats and makes the fight easier if you catch aggro while harvesting.

So, RosyPosy explained how to make a macro to swap mounts. I modified it a little so I could also swap out familiars quickly. I use three hotkeys: One for my adventure mount/familiar macro, one for my crafting/harvesting mount/familiar macro, and one to Summon Familiar (dragged from the familiar window). I use the Gaggelu Pearwood familiar while harvesting, but others while adventuring, but if you just use one familiar, you can ignore all of the info about familiars here ;)

The macro can only cast one summon, so you can get it to equip and summon the mount, then equip the familiar so it's ready to summon. Thus to change from adventure to harvesting, I click the crafting/harvesting mount/familiar macro, wait for the mount to cast, then click the Summon Familiar button.

[IMG]

The mount syntax is /inventory equipmount -8 {mountNumber} {0=equipped, 1=appearance}

This is easiest to set up if you first remove ALL your mounts from the mount window and stack them in the bank, then drag back to your mount window first your appearance mount (if you use one, I use wings), then your adventure mount, then your harvesting mount.

{mountNumber} starts at zero, so by popping your appearance mount in first, it's now #0. The adventure mount is 1, and the harvesting mount is 2

The mount syntax is /inventory equipfamiliar -13 {familiarNumber} {0=equipped, 1=appearance}

The familiars are numbered in the order you got them, so figuring out the one you want may require some trial-and-error. I count the total number of familiars in the Familiar Window, then I test the macro, incrementing the {familiarNumber} by one each try until it actually equips the familiar I want. If the familiar you want is the most recent one, then it's dead easy, it's {total number of familiars in the Familiar Window} - 1.
    Beee, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd suggest two gear macros.
    One for your adventure gear and one for your harvesting gear.
    Make sure any pets and mercs are set to passive (healer mercs will still heal you that way, but not cause combat to engage).
    When mobs start attacking you, as long as you don't hit them, you'll be able to swap gear.
    Breanna and Feara like this.
  4. Praisead New Member

If you are using Darq UI, use the harvest helper and fly to harvest. You do not have to land to harvest using the harvest helper. It seems this expansion the mobs do not knock you to the ground so you can just fly off.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  5. Breta Well-Known Member

That sounds like an exploit.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

^ agreed. We no longer have to land to harvest?
  7. Quillyne Active Member

I'm not using DarqUI, yet I too can harvest from the air. Simply hover over the node, target it and type /use. And thank goodness...if it wasn't for this there would be no way to get some of those pesky nodes on the side of cliffs, or the fish out in water/lava that kills you as you soak. If this is an exploit, then it isn't one provided by that UI.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

^ I will try this, thank you for sharing.
    Breanna likes this.