Trying To understand Beastlord

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Decipio, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Decipio New Member

So I'm up to 94 on my beast lord and I'm trying to learn how to play them, I feel like I'm missing some things, appreciate some feedback (Apologize in advance for the beginner questions, I'm not finding much that's not from 2014)

I keep reading that most of your damage comes from your pet, I think i misunderstand - if I find a mob, click pet attack he dies in a few hits, so even defensive pets at my level can not "tank" even with the Stamper merc he just dies. I mostly keep aggro on me and just keep doing advantages and primal - is THIS what they mean by damage comes from the "pet", from primal and advantages? not necessarily pet doing damage.

This is an average parse on a trash mob, i'm doing almost 300% more damage than my pet - is this going to change, or did I just misunderstand what they meant?

I have my feline pet at level 6 as he levels his stats do not change much at all, but i notice the abilities along the bottom of the screen went from Journeyman to grand master, so does leveling them only increase the damage the abilities do?

I read my autoattack damage is what makes the pet damage higher, so is it better to reforge into that?

I have a macro for my normal attack chain, I put in an advantage or two so I'm always hitting it when I'm fighting so the pet will get xp, Because they seem to die so quickly I stay in spiritual stance - I'm always warding along with stamper's healing and it goes fine - everyone I speak with says Feral stance is way "better" but its either I kill it really quick or the pet dies and I have to resummon after the fight a good percentage of the time.... Do you guys just mouseclick on everything? That seems really inefficient having to click, was just trying to speed it up....

Are there any warders I HAVE to get? Some skills that are just amazing?

Thanks, thats enough to get it started, I'm sure that will lead to other questions=)
  2. Decipio New Member

Also (cant edit?) can someone link a good solo (non raiding type) Beastlord AA spec? or a character? I'm just using the stock one (Not sure if thats good or bad)
  3. Observing Active Member

When people say that X is true, they really mean X is true for raiders at max level
    Decipio likes this.
  4. Observing Active Member

And when they say your pet does more damage than you, they mean with:
    - level 120 high flurry items giving them 100% effective flurry
    - level 120 food, drink, snacks, adornments, and scrolls giving large amounts of base auto-attack multiplier
    - level 120 items and adornments with wdb and wdb overcap
    - Vitality to Strength Prestige Beastlord AA with high stamina
    - level 120 gear reforged to obscene amounts of DPS which you could do for 10 years but you cannot do now

As for keeping your pet alive, you can try:
    - the second column of the Animalist AA page
    - Spirit's Reinforcement (prestige AA bottom center)
    - Enhanced Vigor (prestige beastlord AA left side - only becomes really good at max level)
    Decipio likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

For starters, go down about 4 posts from yours to the Title: "Beastlord Questions" and read that post with the responses. I usually play my BL in feral mode. The only reason I'm in spiritual is usually to help power feed and/or heal. Otherwise, it's kill stuff fast. There's info on what stats you should be using, warders, etc. I personally use an enchanted pet (the hellhound from Shard of Hate). Browse this specific forum on some BL tips.

I sent you a PM about some specs to look at.