Trying to recover characters from Butcherblock server.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Crown, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Crown New Member

hey guys,

Just curious if anyone could point me in the right direction.. I had submitted a ticket with eq2's support site about a character recovery 2 days ago but have not heard back a reply. I remembered the account and password but have no toons? they still show on eq2u and wire? how can I go about this?
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

3. Crown New Member

May I ask what you mean by "go there"?

when I log into my account where all of my characters should be, I must create a new character. there are no characters to log into so how can i simply go to the server to retrieve the character?
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

It depends on whether your characters were deleted. Sorry didn't immediately see. Try creating character on Maj'Dul. Then go out and come again - will your characters (at least one) appear? If so, you can delete newly created. What if you last played on EU - server or one of those merge to it? And then your client requires processing/partial reload for variety of US - servers. In any case, what DBG offers you have probably already read - https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...What-if-my-EverQuest-II-character-is-missing- So if written by me useless follow their instructions. I read on this forum that if your character was below level 10 and/or he had fewer coins than necessary (1 or 2 plat.. I don’t remember), then automatic script deleted him. Need to clarify whether there was such script to remove hatched and abandoned. Perhaps you just need to clean client folder from old files with characters (.xml .ini).. that to appeared those that you expect to see again :)
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are logged into the correct "realm"? The top left corner is where you select version. Click it and make sure you have selected US English and click apply.
    Breanna likes this.