trying to locate, path to, Pyrrin Roost

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, started a new character in the Gorowyn area. Kerra, Guardian. 7th level.

I think I can see the Pyrrin Roost off in the distance. Just got the quest to go there.

All I see are the bird people between me and there, character died trying to get past the turf hunters.

Mailed from another character some armor and a weapon, plat, and succulents. If someone wants to mail some bags to Etaiharn on Skyfire, you have my thanks. Don't need many as I have no clue where the bank is located. I really think a starting character should receive 6 slot bags instead of 4 slot bags.

I tried following the wisp, and looking at the map... but died. Griffin doesn't go there.

I looked on the wiki, it just says basically 'its over yonder' and gave a location. Lots of drop offs and enemies between here and there. If DarqUI didn't have a map, I would have no idea where it was.

I'll be out of the house with relatives at least part of Friday. Basically all the character and I need are a path to get there. I did get the 3 hare familiars. No mounts in the area that I saw, and I don't have the station cash to get one through Marketplace.

Really thinking about going to Antonica, and adventuring there. Know my way, mostly, there. Not sure if my Kerra is marked as evil or not.

Oh, nothing in mail to the character from the game yet, except a tinker cog and a hello. I think the big package from the game takes several days, I forget the exact time, which has the experience potions and therepair kit. I thoguht I saw a mender, but now cannot find him.

Thanks for any directions to get there, and live past the bird people.

( No, their name isn't something my brain can memorize. )

Or maybe I just need a nap.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Found the roost, but not the way up to the outpost. So I deleted the quest, went to Freeport, got an Inn room, and adventured in Commonlands. Now 12th level.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I could see it on the map, just couldn't get to it.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  5. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Ah gotcha. Well eq2 maps will give you a pathing trail to follow if you click the location on the map. In general though it's just an extremely good tool to have.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did click and get a path, but couldn't get a means for my character to get there. All vertical and EQ II wouldn't let me climb up. I did read about there being a ladder somewhere, near Pyrrin Roost. But the bird people were blocking most of the routes I felt I could take to follow the path whisp.

After my character dieing, I went to Freeport and got mended, got an Inn room, and went out into the Commonlands. Made it up to 18th level.

Now I'm trying to figure out where an evil character can go next, and not get attacked by non-monsters.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Don't you have to fly the griffon to get to the Roost? I don't like Gorowyn as a zone, so it's been a long time since I've been there.

I think you have to work your way around to a griffin station, killing the bird people as you go. You will pick up other quests on the way to help you level.

No offense Gero, but based on some of your posts here you do seem to walk through the EQ2 world with your eyes closed...some quests require thinking through, and working things out (and trying things out - a sense of exploration and imagination is required). Sometimes paths don't always appear to be paths. Ladders on cliffs mean you can climb them. Or sometimes the path upwards just appears as scuff marks on the side of a cliff with pegs on either side to show the width. You seem to give up very easily if it's not immediately obvious.
    Saw-Lau, Snikkety and Dude like this.
  8. Avithax Well-Known Member

I think what my esteemed colleague is trying to say here is that a big part of the game is about problem solving when it comes to objectives and lore. The further you get into the game the more reliant you will be on using your gained knowledge of Norrath and it's "usual speed bumps" but there are MANY quests that are going to require you to seek external resources like Wiki and Zam.
    Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I took over an hour to an hour and a half to try and find the way. No progress. I'm over 70 years old and thats too much of my free time. Thats why I went to Commonlands. The character is now 18th. Instead of dieing over and over and barely making it. Got a rhino for a mount, emailed to this one some succulents and plat, and 3 bags 46 slot.

I might send another character through those same quests, after I figure a way around in that volcano.
    Jaden and Breanna like this.
  10. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Gorowyn is definitely one of the more confusing starter zones out of any of them, and there are worse areas after where you are.

I think what you're doing, going to Commonlands to find quests and level up a bit is a good idea. When you hit 20 head to Butcher Block Mountains. There's a quest chain that starts right at the docks, and a few one off quests. The quest chain will guide you through the whole region bit by bit, and the zone itself is really fun and straightforward. Couple climbing spots that are a bit hidden, but it's easier to see which walls are climbable. Butcherblock quest will level you enough to move on to Steamfont as a natural extension of the quests.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

An evil character can go to Butcherblock docks ? Adventuring in the Highland Outpost is what got one of my good characters to level 30. Drakotas and the rock creatures that aren't under control mostly.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Butcherblock is neutral so yes, an evil character can go there.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Goody. I have some monsters there to take on and level up.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Characters of any alignment can go to any outdoor zones and dungeons. Antonica and Commonlands can be accessed by an alignment. Just have to avoid guards which are not that many in either zone. After those two though all the zones are entirely neutral.
    Dude, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

Pyrrin Roost. There are rope ladders on the cliff wall to get to the outpost above. As you go up the ramp, veer right and look for the ladders. There are quest feathers on each level on your way up to the outpost.
    Cyrrena, Dude and Kittybock like this.
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm standing in Pyrrin Roost right now. I killed everything, You are safe to travel.
    Cyrrena, Jaden, Dude and 3 others like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh dear. I just read this too late at night. Zzzzzzz. I'm sooo sleepy.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You are becoming everybody's hero Ttobey!!!
    Breanna and ttobey like this.